ForumsGamesWASD vs Arrow Keys

537 164721
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Do you use WASD or the arrow keys? Why is WASD even an option? Why are arrow keys so superior? Questions like these and more can be posted here, as well as lots of answers! Give your opinion on these basic movement controls below!

• 537 Replies
Peek
Peek
120 posts
Nomad

I prefer IJKL, but no one ever makes that an option :P

I use WASD most of the time, especially for shooters, of course. Arrow keys are just there if you have a left handed mouse, I guess. Arrow keys work well for some games, like if you press space or zxc to do things, then obviously you'd use arrow keys. It just depends on the game.

Besch
Besch
37 posts
Scribe

I am lefthanded and use WASD. For most games i need to rearrange the whole keyboard settings, THANKS DEVS!!

Crazypizzaboy
Crazypizzaboy
15 posts
Shepherd

I use wasd Often because I'm used to it from minecraft.

lol7776
lol7776
35 posts
Nomad

I perfer wasd because your usually like shooting or something

maxninja2014
maxninja2014
13 posts
Nomad

Both, Im a good gamer and trained myself to use both.

Marmist74
Marmist74
6 posts
Nomad

Im right-handed, and I use WASD. why? I really dont know why. It just seems more confortable for me..

alovera1
alovera1
510 posts
Peasant

it really varies for me sometimes im more comftorble using the arrowkeys other times i prefer to use the WASD I think it depends on my mood and energy.

MrHankey93
MrHankey93
9 posts
Peasant

yeah buddy

isoawesome
isoawesome
1 posts
Nomad

i use both. it really depends on the game.

Lee_Blade
Lee_Blade
97 posts
Peasant

i use both. it really depends on the game

I prefer one only,because if you use both you will not be able to play nicely because using both can interrupt you're gaming skills and you're hand.

Example:If you are right handed and you are using left hand but you noticed that when you write in right you cannot write comfortably and when you write in left hand you cannot feel comfortable.

Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Same as Lee_Blade: both, or whichever one is more convenient.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I prefer one only,because if you use both you will not be able to play nicely because using both can interrupt you're gaming skills and you're hand.

Depending on the game, you'll have to switch it up. Like if a game requires for you to use a mouse and keyboard, most people ( more right handed folk than left handed) will use the mouse with their right hand and WASD keys with their left. But if the game is only keyboard between WASD and arrows, most will use arrow keys. There will be other keyboard variation though, some games require for you to type certain things or use zxc, etc.

I personally have no problem using both hands, it just depends on whatever is more convenient. If the keys used are on the left side of my keyboard, I'll use my left hand, and so on.
bakiux
bakiux
1 posts
Peasant

i prefer WASD because you can use space with thumb and you have more space for hands

biandel977
biandel977
8 posts
Peasant

It depends on the rest of the controls. If i have to use the mouse, I use wasd. if i have to use keys on the left side of the keyboard, i use arrowkeys.

SaifurRahman
SaifurRahman
70 posts
Blacksmith

I'm right handed, but I like using WASD better. It works better with using the mouse.

Showing 451-465 of 537