ForumsGamesWASD vs Arrow Keys

537 164888
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Do you use WASD or the arrow keys? Why is WASD even an option? Why are arrow keys so superior? Questions like these and more can be posted here, as well as lots of answers! Give your opinion on these basic movement controls below!

• 537 Replies
mrsamael
mrsamael
1 posts
Nomad

wasd more comfortable =)

_RUSH_Rocky2013
_RUSH_Rocky2013
13 posts
Peasant

WASD is almost always better. Especially when using a mouse. Shooters depend on WASD keys while other games like fighters and adventure games are better with arrow keys.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

ESDF is where it's at

TerminatorXM214
TerminatorXM214
222 posts
Blacksmith

^Actually, I find using IJKL interesting^

WASD for running+mouse like Raze/SFH, but for other games like Give Up, Exit Path, etc. I use arrow keys.
BTW, how do most of you pronounce WASD?
My friend says "wahs'd", I say "double-you-ay-es-dee."

_RUSH_Rocky2013
_RUSH_Rocky2013
13 posts
Peasant

I say it like regular people say it. I say the letter "W" then "A" then "S" then "D".

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I say it like regular people say it. I say the letter "W" then "A" then "S" then "D".

Actually..from what I've seen..most people say "Wahs-d"
tinyb0b
tinyb0b
300 posts
Nomad

Ok, I have never heard someone say Wahs-d for WASD.
I prefer using wasd even though i am extremely right handed. Using WASD for any game is probably the only thing I use my left hand for on a daily bases.
P.S.:my left hand fingers act faster than my right.

bloodloon73
bloodloon73
4 posts
Nomad

Well, arrow keys when you have to use spacebar or other keys, and wasd when you need the mouse. But when you don't need any I prefer wasd even if I'm right handed, because I like to have the mouse in my hand even if it's not needed.

This
xaeros
xaeros
54 posts
Scribe

WASD is bad for azerty players. Arrow keys are universal, even with mouse-aiming games

Kingdom654
Kingdom654
5 posts
Farmer

[quote]BTW, how do most of you pronounce WASD?

I guess I'm the only one that says ''wah-ess-dee''...LOL

Kingdom654
Kingdom654
5 posts
Farmer

I didint do the ''quote'' thing right, did I?

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

I am (slightly) ambidextrous, so it doesn't matter to me whether I use WASD or the Arrow Keys if I was give the choice in a game. If the game uses WASD and a mouse, I use that. If the game requires buttons like the spacebar or "z, x, c" like many retro fighting games, then I use arrow keys.

Really, I have no preference. I just use what is given to me.

ricko427
ricko427
4 posts
Nomad

I would very much prefer WASD, mostly because of the games I play, which require both the space bar and the mouse. Plus, the arrow keys on my keyboard are a lot smaller than the usual ones, so it's hard to use. However, I can see why players would use arrow keys; it's just a general thing. But then again, so is WASD.

To sum it all up: WASD FOR THE WIN.

hezdog
hezdog
151 posts
Peasant

I use WASD. I am right handed but if i use WASD i can use my main hand to control the mouse.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

If I don't move the mouse it freezes so I rather choose those aim and shoot games like strike force heroes for example.

Showing 496-510 of 537