ForumsGamesWASD vs Arrow Keys

537 164546
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Do you use WASD or the arrow keys? Why is WASD even an option? Why are arrow keys so superior? Questions like these and more can be posted here, as well as lots of answers! Give your opinion on these basic movement controls below!

• 537 Replies
clhkph
clhkph
121 posts
Blacksmith

I used to use the arrow keys but now I use WASD because the arrow keys are on the right side of the computer and I'm right-handed so I use the mouse with my right hand.That means I would use the arrow keys with my left, which is uncomfortable. I use the mouse near the center of my computer instead of the right or left side, so my left arm would have to cross over my right. I also play more games with both the mouse and keyboard so I got used to WASD.

Virtuez
Virtuez
17 posts
Jester

I always play with WASD when I have a chance, I got used to it... Also for some reason it feels wierd to have my right and left hands so close when using the arrow keys

dav123
dav123
105 posts
Jester

i am use my right hand so i like WASD because the mouse is on your right.

antonis1997
antonis1997
2 posts
Jester

i once had to have my right hand on mouse and left hand in arrow keys in a game... it was very hard

jaxcat
jaxcat
1 posts
Peasant

i use WASD for almost all games, but i did use the arrow keys before i realized how much i like WASD i feel like im cramped with the arrow keys. WASD lets me stretch out and get more comfortable so i can play for longer without worrying about discomfort.

Vielle1
Vielle1
15 posts
Nomad

WASD is good for most games the only reason not to use that is if there are more 20 buttons needed to be used in a game or if it is a different genre such as strategy, or puzzle.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Well, The arrow keys and the mouse for me are to close.

( Uses wasd for left hand, mouse for right hand )

octagonapuss
octagonapuss
7 posts
Peasant

if you need to use the mouse and are right handed wasd all the way if no mouse arrows ok and visa versa

gamerguy12345
gamerguy12345
2,851 posts
Bard

I would say WASD keys are better. Because if you have the mouse in your right hand and the arrow keys in your left hand, it can get very uncomfortable having them so close together. With the WASD keys you get room to stretch out and it is more comfortable in my opinion.

esmaeilhamdy
esmaeilhamdy
2 posts
Nomad

i use both. it really depends on the game

I prefer one only,because if you use both you will not be able to play nicely because using both can interrupt you're gaming skills and you're hand.

Example:If you are right handed and you are using left hand but you noticed that when you write in right you cannot write comfortably and when you write in left hand you cannot feel comfortable.

esmaeilhamdy
esmaeilhamdy
2 posts
Nomad

I like when you can use either to move in a game because it makes it more convienient.

kashoople
kashoople
71 posts
Blacksmith

wasd is a lot more comfortable for me since i prefer to use my right hand for the mouse which is more requiring since its aiming and needs to be down effectively; plus its hard to put both hands on the same side of keyboard to use arrow keys

jcwgames
jcwgames
113 posts
Jester

Same here.

legolover12
legolover12
76 posts
Peasant

I always use WASD unless absolutely necessary.I like my hands space far apart,plus it helps me with aiming.Also,making my left hand go all the way across the keyboard,with my hands right next to each other,is just plain uncomfortable.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I agree that the WASD keys are far superior to the arrow keys. Positioning one's hands with the mouse and arrow key combination vs. the mouse and WASD keys will clearly show that WASD keys are much more comfortable.

Showing 511-525 of 537