ForumsGamesWASD vs Arrow Keys

537 164170
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Do you use WASD or the arrow keys? Why is WASD even an option? Why are arrow keys so superior? Questions like these and more can be posted here, as well as lots of answers! Give your opinion on these basic movement controls below!

• 537 Replies
Andrew_Gamer
Andrew_Gamer
28 posts
Nomad

Well is easy to play with WASD is shooters...WASD and mouse for me are a great combination.What about you?

Sorry "in" shooters not "is" sorry i don't wanted to spam but....i needed to
PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

Arrow keys are garbage. WASD is far superior.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

What about you?

I agree..I must prefer WASD over arrow...but just wanted to get you to give your reasons why so we can break some spam-esque habits in the community
dragondino97
dragondino97
12 posts
Blacksmith

WASD when mouse is involved.

Basically it depends on hand positioning and other controls.

ArmorPenetrator
ArmorPenetrator
23 posts
Farmer

WASD when mouse is involved.

Agreed. I also like having FPS-like controls in a flash game, which gives the user more control on things to happen. But for a simple dodging or crushing or driving game that involves only moving around, there's no need for WASD.

One more thing, WASD were not invented for the left-handed people, most of them use the mouse with their right hand and happy to use their keyboard with their left hand.

Also, since most of the non-flash games nearly stopped using arrow keys, laptop producers started to give them less space, as my HP Pavilion does. I've seen a couple of other models like this and i don't like it. I didn't have the option of choosing the same model with a larger keyboard, of course, so i just bought it.
arcaderat1
arcaderat1
1 posts
Nomad

I prefer the wasd option even though I'm right handed. I like it because my left hand is able to do the movements but not the more complex stuff that some games require

sleepyeye
sleepyeye
11 posts
Nomad

I use WASD because on my laptop I have now mouse and when I use the pad and WASD my hands don't get tangled

Siarnaq
Siarnaq
1 posts
Peasant

Arrow Keys!!!

johnnyboy3636
johnnyboy3636
42 posts
Nomad

Why is WASD even an option?

For those that are left-handed.

I'm right handed and use wasd keys.
CountDimentio
CountDimentio
4 posts
Nomad

WASD! For all those MMORPG players!

SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

WASD if I need the mouse. Other than that, I'm right handed so I use the arrow keys.

itman2
itman2
37 posts
Jester

i like the arrow keys better cause i use the mouse with my right and arrows with left so then i won't have to look across the other side of the room to see what i wanna press and when i use wasd i always press e instead of w

AppleJackoff
AppleJackoff
1 posts
Peasant

I used to play with arrow keys until I started playing fps on the computer(TF2 FTW). Then the WASD keys just stuck. On games like Exit Path(2D platformers), I use arrow keys

kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

I definetly prefer the arrow keys for games in which i must use the spacebar and other keyboard keys. In a game in which the mouse is a necessity i always use WASD because it is much easier to use my right hand for the mouse. Id be willing to bet Left-handed people would say the exact opposite of me, because i think everyone does what i do, although, i have seen some people using the arrow keys with there left hand

Shadow_Of_The_Night
Shadow_Of_The_Night
29 posts
Nomad

I am right handed and I still use WSAD keys, especially in games with a mouse.

GTG

Showing 481-495 of 537