ForumsGamesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl (SSBB)

1648 238692
kongaman
kongaman
16 posts
Nomad

In this topic, post your favorite new addition or favorite return and anything else related to SSBB!!!

My favorite new: Sonic (Playable Character)

• 1,648 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

It is what it sounds like it is. Scrubs are at the bottom of the rankings.

Along with n00bs, and Johns I find.

I wouldn't lose. Almost undefeated with Toon Link, and me and the friends that I play it with are all pretty much at pro level. And I don't think I've ever lost with Bowser. And what's a 'scrub'?

Define 'ro level'.

Before you go saying things like this you should test yourself at pro standards. For one thing can you beat multiple high level comps that are on a team against you?

Stupid fights I've won (for the sake of it):
Me Link vs three lv9 Ganon on team
Me Falcon vs three lv9 Ganon on team
Me Ganon vs three lv9 Captain falcons on a team
Me Ganon vs two lv8 and one lv9 Link on team

And they had it easy. I left team attack off D:

Mmm, I wanna be on that list, I'm off to play some SSBB now.

I want to be on the list too. I know a heck of a lot about brawl, and can use pretty much every character decently, I know lots of ATs, etc, but I'm just not that good at Brawl.

Perhaps it's because I haven't been using my GCC... And I main Link...
TRUdog
TRUdog
1,031 posts
Nomad

I like useing these guys:
Link
Kirby
Donkey Kong
Pit
Pikachu
Characters who I despise:
Jiggly Puff (<_&gt
Sonic
Ike
Marth
Wario

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Define 'ro level'.

I guess pro wouldn't be the right word. . .but I've won a bnch of stupid fights like this:
(all of these are no items, team attack off)
I'm toon Link in all of these, btw.

me vs. three level 9 bowsers (win)
me vs. 3 level 9 meta knights (win)
me vs. 3 level 9 ganondorfs (win)
me vs. level 9 ganondorf, meta knight, and jigglypuff (win)
me vs. 3 level 9 Ikes (win)
me vs. 3 level 9 jigglypuffs (win)
me vs. 3 level 9 Lucarios (win)
and it goes on and on and on. . . .
I can beat at least two level 9s with every character now. Do I qualify as 'not a scrub?' (I don't use noob tactics, btw)
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

You are most certainly not a scrub.

Complete the following.

Best character in the game?
Why?
Worst character in the game?
Why?
Name all of Kirby's projectiles.
FIGHT ME *sha shing*

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Best character in the game?

Overall? Marth or Meta Knight, because of mobility and good confusion tactics.
For me? Toon Link, because of a good balance between projectile aznd close-up fighting, as well as aerial and ground fighting.
-----------
Worst character in the game?

Sonic. He's 100% noob tactics.
---------
Name all of Kirby's projectiles.

Kirby is barely a projectile character. . .but the star he throws out and the boomerang on his up-B move.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Overall? Marth or Meta Knight, because of mobility and good confusion tactics.
For me? Toon Link, because of a good balance between projectile aznd close-up fighting, as well as aerial and ground fighting.

Marth is high tier, but Meta is the best character! Down smash ftw!

Sonic. He's 100% noob tactics.

Perhaps. The worst characters are C.Falcon, Ganon, Jiggles and Link. Sonic, samus and yoshi I think are next. It's because of Falcon's crap range and priority.

Kirby is barely a projectile character. . .but the star he throws out and the boomerang on his up-B move.

He throws a star? Uh yeah, shockwave on upB, and Grenades, Lasers, Lasers, Lasers, Arrows, Arrows, Light arrows, Pikmin... Uh... Food... Fireballs, fireballs... Flamethrower, Fire breath... I think that's it.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

On his sucking in attack, if you press the right button, he shoots that person and a star out of his mouth and I didn't know that what he changes into counts >.>
----
Falcon is actually a pretty pracxtical character because of his recovery and weight, and his speed makes up for his range.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

On his sucking in attack, if you press the right button, he shoots that person and a star out of his mouth and I didn't know that what he changes into counts >.>

I don't know if that counts as a projectile.

Falcon is actually a pretty pracxtical character because of his recovery and weight, and his speed makes up for his range.

He has No good matchups. He has no good attack chains (he has some, but he has to grab, and that's not a good idea for C.Falcon). He has the crappest priority evah.

Who do you think should be ranked below him?
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Ganon would probably rank lower, because he has the same priority and range as Falcon, but doesn't have speed tro make up for it.
-----
Falcon is supposed to be a one-hit-at-a-time character- with a lot of opportunist grab scenarios, like his recovery and forward-B move.

Wigginometry
Wigginometry
689 posts
Nomad

me vs. three level 9 bowsers (win)
me vs. 3 level 9 meta knights (win)
me vs. 3 level 9 ganondorfs (win)
me vs. level 9 ganondorf, meta knight, and jigglypuff (win)
me vs. 3 level 9 Ikes (win)
me vs. 3 level 9 jigglypuffs (win)
me vs. 3 level 9 Lucarios (win)
and it goes on and on and on. . . .
I can beat at least two level 9s with every character now. Do I qualify as 'not a scrub?' (I don't use noob tactics, btw)

Nice

Back on melee I teamed up with my brother to beat two level 1 Donkey Kongs when we both had handicap of 1. XD for every kill we'd need to get them to like 700 dmg and every one of their atks was an insta-KO.

He has No good matchups. He has no good attack chains (he has some, but he has to grab, and that's not a good idea for C.Falcon). He has the crappest priority evah.

I've never met a happy C. Falcon mainer.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Ganon is superior to Falcon. Trust me, I've picked them both up, and dropped Falcon.

Ganon's Forward B (now to be referred to as 'Gerudo' is amazing. Follow up with down tilt and Gerudo again, or roll back and Gerudo again. Falcon's has little use, unless you want a u-air. Ganon's is also a Ganoncide, which can end the match quickly. Falcon's is a really weak meteor, which with meteor canceling even Link and Ganon can survive.

Down air. Ganon's always spikes, and you have to sweetspot it with Falcon. Ganon's has hitstun, looks cool, and is the strongest spike in the game.

Forward smash. Ganon's is disjointed, and has priority. Enough said.

Recovery. Falcon > Ganon

Ganon has higher priority, and he kills earlier.

DeadlyAssassan07
DeadlyAssassan07
62 posts
Shepherd

ok who do you think is better Marth or ike? I like playing with ike but think marth is better

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

And in terms of survivability, Ganon is way better. So I guess you're right on that one~

But all in all, Sonic is not as good as C. Falcon- Sonic has no good or useful attack chains whatsoever, and most of his attacks are rather low-damage. also, his recovery move is almost useless considering how most character's KO attacks knock you out farther to the side than down, and his speed is EXTREMELY easily countered by any character's down smash, and his attacks are slow and easily dodged and countered.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Sonic isn't that bad. I also picked him up in the past (dropped though...). Backair is powerful, has good momentum cancels, his upB recovery is really good, and if an opponent trys to gimp him he can homing attack to get closer to the stage. He officially has the best upB recovery in the game. His fast speed is good, you can RAR and Bair, and his Dash attack will go past a shield, so it's hard to punish. His upsmash semi-spikes, and downsmash covers him well. Foward smash, well, 'You're too slow!'

ok who do you think is better Marth or ike? I like playing with ike but think marth is better

It's obviously Marth.
DeadlyAssassan07
DeadlyAssassan07
62 posts
Shepherd

ok thought so. best final smash in the game.

Showing 1111-1125 of 1648