ForumsGamesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl (SSBB)

1648 238696
kongaman
kongaman
16 posts
Nomad

In this topic, post your favorite new addition or favorite return and anything else related to SSBB!!!

My favorite new: Sonic (Playable Character)

• 1,648 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Hyrule temple. The only fair stage to test your skill without items and four players.

lolwut? Fair? You are kidding me. Hyrule temple is so unfair its not funny. In the cavern below, with teching you can survive for ages, and even if you don't tech you can stay in most the time. All chasing stages like that are banned.

Go do halberd, smashville, battlefield or something like that.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

I don't chase though, but whatever. I always stay out of the cavern area~
After retrying most of them on battlefield, I've had the exact same results so far. I only have a few left to try. The three bottom matches on my list.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Okay, I just did the matches that I hadn't done. (I already had done a few in battlefield, so I only had a few to do) and I had the exact same results. All wins on battlefield.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I never doubted your skill to accomplish that. Thinking Temple is a fair stage is being a scrub though...

Another scrubdom question: Is Final Destination a fair stage?

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Also, what controller do you use? Just curious, as GCC and CC are the only ones you can possibly use at a competitive standard.

I've used the wiichuck to the full extent

Kallion
Kallion
16 posts
Nomad

I'm a Mario fan since Super Smash Brothers 64.

Coin-Uppercut for the win!

I want a Nintendo WII So bad so I can play SSBB and play Mario all day long!

badkiller345
badkiller345
3 posts
Nomad

I like IKE, he is strong and fast.. another is pokemon trainer, the Charizard can burn a hole on a wall!

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

The fairness of Final Destination depends on a lot of things. . .number of players, the characters used, etc.
------
GCC. FTW.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Also, in a four-player match, temple is one of the only viable stages. That is, if you're playing against three friends in a free-for-all, it's much more fun to play on a more open, larger stage.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

In a four player match, it is certainly viable, but most certainly not fair.

I want my GCC back

@thefinaldestinationbit: Just answer the question. I'm always talking 1v1, no items.

I like IKE, he is strong and fast.. another is pokemon trainer, the Charizard can burn a hole on a wall!

Ike has very little fast moves. His fastest are Bair, Aether and his jab.
Wigginometry
Wigginometry
689 posts
Nomad

@Pazx

What is a good percentage to be able to reach when using Marth, DI, and momentum canceling? I've been practicing up against Ganondorf and can't seem to get better than 120-130%

I use Fair for momentum canceling.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

To be honest: When I used Marth, I failed miserably at SDI and TDI. Anyways, Marth's recovery is a bigger issue than getting killed outright.

Alt and Wiggi (please noone else), I suggest that you two check out the character specific boards here.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Final Destination is a fair stage, but there are a lot of advantages for projectile characters, opportunities for chain throws, etc.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

It is fair enough, although it is often thought as one of the fairest, which it is not due to

Stage edge has lips
No platforms
Completely flat
Lips stretch down

> >

Laser lock is win there :3

Also, when did you become a prince Alt? Congratz!

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Prince two days ago. Also, some characters, like Fox, are excellent campers on that stage.

Showing 1141-1155 of 1648