ForumsGamesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl (SSBB)

1648 238694
kongaman
kongaman
16 posts
Nomad

In this topic, post your favorite new addition or favorite return and anything else related to SSBB!!!

My favorite new: Sonic (Playable Character)

• 1,648 Replies
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

the problem, howeve, is that his attacks are very easily dodgeable- my strategy is quite dodge-centric, and Sonic is no problem because his attacks are so easy to effectively dodge.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

ok thought so. best final smash in the game.

You shouldn't have items on if you're trying to prove who's better.

the problem, howeve, is that his attacks are very easily dodgeable- my strategy is quite dodge-centric, and Sonic is no problem because his attacks are so easy to effectively dodge.

True. Multihitting attacks though are a bad idea to dodge... Unless you're D3 :3 Anyways, Sonic has the speed to keep on the opponent...
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

. . .But the speed works against him if you dodge the right way. He'll skid long distance, and you'll be ready first. Just enough time for Toon link to stun with a bomb then do his 2-hit smash attack (2nd hit is a meteor smash, I'm pretty sure) which works wonder s on light characters like Sonic. I've picked up and dropped Falcon and Sonic, and Falcon is much more suiting to my playstyle.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

2nd hit is a meteor smash, I'm pretty sure

The biggest question about SSBB. Where is the meteor smashing part of Link's sword? Noone is really sure.

. . .But the speed works against him if you dodge the right way. He'll skid long distance, and you'll be ready first.

He probably wouldn't just run at you. He has better approaches.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

He probably wouldn't just run at you. He has better approaches.

I'll be blunt: Toon Link has perhaps the best dodge-play in the game. He can dodge any of Sonic's approaches (I've tried) and can counter with a bomb and a smash or a downair attack if you're fast enough. This doesn't just apply to Sonic, however.
Psychoace
Psychoace
384 posts
Nomad

Falcons closest match ups are

Sonic 45/55 sonics favor
samus 45/55 samus' favor
Ganon 45/55 ganons favor
Falcon 50/50

its pretty obvious that a character that spams projectiles don't really give sonic issues. the problem is his ability to apply pressure at mid range with his quick, nearly lag less aerials, and use of Zair in between those series. when given time to develop, creates a wall of attacks that allow TL to move forward or backward with ease, and makes him a powerful zoning character.

Nair, Bair, and Zair are incredibly fast and beautiful moves. Bair combos too easily, even with proper DI, because he's coming at you at the same time. Nair is fast, and hits both sides. Zair, gives him a quick mid range semi projectile with little lag and can set up mind games easily. combined with with his strong aerial mobility TL can zone you while keeping himself relatively safe from the sides. and although not to the extent of snake, TL can mix his jabs up with smashes, especially after a lag less aerial to protect himself and get damage. in short, TL seems best played passive aggressively.

Sonic's ground speed is great to disrupt the projectile spam, and his chance in the match up depends on whether or not he can disrupt TL spacing and keep it that way. WHEN he does, he can get significant damage from below TL and with throws. the problems is that it must be done tactfully, and i feel that, a combo of power shielding, spring and spin shot will be used more in an aggressive attempt to dodge projectiles and apply pressure to a camping TL. the problem is that Links aerial moves, like Nair and bair are so quick and spammable that he will attempt to intercept your assault often with them. know that, then bait/punish with shield canceled grabs. Under him is the best way to fight an airborne TL, because of sonic's mind games , but the good TLs Dair well.

getting damage was never the hard part, against lobos whenever i played him (not saying it wasn't a challenge) finishing him off was the hardest part. once sonic goes into "time to try and kill you mode, the battle changes for some reason. Link can be gimped but, it usually wont happen, his recovery set is quite balanced. also, the more damage TL takes, the campier they get. add that to the lack of kill moves and he can rack up % on you quickly. now granted his lack on kill moves are an issue (Fsmash, UpSmash, Uair) too... and he isn't gonna gimp you either, though hell try to spam you into a mistake...

TL's advantage 35:65 - sonic can win if he wins the battle of spacing, but links move set allow him to regain it at anytime. learning to punish Tink is the hard part, as well as finishing him off. Discourage projectile spam asap, punish his landing spot on aerials... you're gonna have to out maneuver him to win...

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I'll be blunt: Toon Link has perhaps the best dodge-play in the game. He can dodge any of Sonic's approaches (I've tried) and can counter with a bomb and a smash or a downair attack if you're fast enough. This doesn't just apply to Sonic, however.

Yes, he has a pretty great dodge game. So does Link, for that matter~

Thanks for that Psycho.

Oh, may I ask what the stages were when you did some of those unsane challenges alt?
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Ike is really horrible..
Slow, heavy and weak...

zacteria
zacteria
50 posts
Nomad

i still prefer mewtwo to lucario

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Mewtwo is the best character in brawl.

DiAk0SiReTa
DiAk0SiReTa
91 posts
Nomad

There is no mewtwo in brawl. only in my dreams... wait. I mean in melee

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

You haven't unlocked Mewtwo yet? He is the best. His jab comes out on frame zero and the hitbox covers the entire stage of Final Destination.

I'll give you a link to the discussion about it...

DiAk0SiReTa
DiAk0SiReTa
91 posts
Nomad

waht? And I thought I completed the game =[

tell me plzzzz! o.o

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Here.

(in case you didn't realize, he's not in Brawl)

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Yes, he has a pretty great dodge game. So does Link, for that matter~

Toon Link's bomb as a better stun, so I think Toon Link slightly edges out Link.
-------
Oh, may I ask what the stages were when you did some of those unsane challenges alt?

Hyrule temple. The only fair stage to test your skill without items and four players.
Showing 1126-1140 of 1648