ForumsGamesEverything Minecraft

2284 509699
Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

hey everyone, I haven't seen any topics about this wonderful game so I thought I would make one.

• 2,284 Replies
killbynight
killbynight
315 posts
Nomad

is it a minecraft music video?

Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

Thats pretty wierd jet. A minecraft music video XD

starcraftfan123
starcraftfan123
254 posts
Nomad

*starts building a doghouse for the update*

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

^Winning.

I can't wait for the wolves
I also can't wait until Saturday when my internets are reset so I can play online again

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,210 posts
Peasant

WOLVES!!!! YAY awesome. haven't found any yet, but I know it's going to be awesome.

Jetcord
Jetcord
825 posts
Nomad

Check out my channel, its got a bunch of minecraft vids. Dog house... Nonono that wont work, they teleport to you if they are away from you too long

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Check out my channel, its got a bunch of minecraft vids. Dog house... Nonono that wont work, they teleport to you if they are away from you too long

If you tell them to sit, they should stay put till you come back.
killbynight
killbynight
315 posts
Nomad

If you tell them to sit, they should stay put till you come back.

i hope so. this is gonna be awesome, any tips for finding any? still havent run across any yet =(
starcraftfan123
starcraftfan123
254 posts
Nomad

Ya i quickly figured out that the doghouse concept is pointless cuz u cant lure em in for them to sit. just get a fenced area, add a door, tell them to stand back up, walk far away, done.

getting in... err.... that's pretty hard.

CoalEater
CoalEater
12 posts
Nomad

A doghouse/cage for them is a bad idea, 'cause if you make them sit when you quit the game glitches so they can't stand back up D:

CoalEater
CoalEater
12 posts
Nomad

That happened to my brother, now his house is full of sitting down hostile wolves.

Jetcord
Jetcord
825 posts
Nomad

The guinea pig mod is crazy fun! Try it

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

How to Lure Wolves Through Doors

Wolves can fit through doors, but they have a hard time getting in. Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, they just won't make it through. Sometimes, it seems like they don't even try to get inside!

This is my dog house.

http://i53.tinypic.com/161kg7l.png

If you look on the right side of the door, there's a wool block.

http://i53.tinypic.com/dndk0o.png

If you remove the wool block and keep the door open, you make it easier for your dog to follow you in.

I use wool because it's quick and easy to destroy. You can also change the color so it matches your home. I have an actual home where the side is made out of stone, gray wool works wonders for doggy doors.

http://i53.tinypic.com/312jwgk.png

Remember to tell your wolves to sit or they will teleport to you when you wander away.

How to Find Wolves

You can only find wolves in taigas and forests. Taigas are snowy areas WITH trees. If you see no trees, you are in the tundra biome; this is the wrong biome.

Even when you search the appropriate biome, there's no garuntee a wolf will spawn. In fact, if one does spawn, you still have to spot it. The animals spawn fairly far a part during the day.

I suggest you create checkpoints marked with torches and wait until nightfall. Lay down a few torches in one small area, then create another checkpoint a small distance away. Keep doing this so that you form a giant circle (more or less). It helps if you can see the next checkpoint from your current checkpoint. At night, walk checkpoint to checkpoint. Animals will spawn in the torchlight, including wolves. The chances of a wolf showing up will still be slim, but at least you now know where he will spawn.

It's important to make the circle big so that animals have a chance to spawn and despawn as you make your rounds.

http://i55.tinypic.com/23tle0n.png

This is a poorly drawn map. The green dots are trees to add a sense that we are looking at a wooded area. The grey signifies darkness and yellow spots are areas lit by torches. Keep following that circle!

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

lawl, I messed up on the map.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Remember to tell your wolves to sit or they will teleport to you when you wander away.

I'm hoping that the glitch CoalEater mentioned will soon be fixed, because it's on the wiki and my brother has encountered it and considering how wolves are meant to be rare it is gonna be a pain in the ***.

Love the map Nemo. Good guide too
Showing 271-285 of 2284