ForumsWEPRstrnadge thing about christianity

239 44650
meman
meman
275 posts
Nomad

the thing that it says if someone slaps you you give them another cheek to slap..but why do christians kill other relegions and themselves if they belive this?

• 239 Replies
zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

What???????????

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Serb, what in the world are you talking about?

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

when asked what was the most important commandment,Jesus said,"Love God with all your heart, and treat your neighbor as yourself." that is Christianity. its human nature to have conflict...its called the sin nature in the bible. Jesus is not for war. be it for land,oil, or whatever. God does not need anything...including our approval or belief in him. Man uses fear and religion to his own gain. Christ wants nothing but a relationship with you. I'm a Christian in the sense that I'm a follower of Jesus' teachings...not of man's twisted interpretations of his teachings.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Wally, that makes a lot of sense. I admire Christians like yourself. Though, I am not one.

Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

Wally just said the right thing

Also, when Jesus said this, he was using an image (well.. I think so^^)
when somebody slaps you on the RIGHT cheek and he's right-handed, it means that he can hit you much harder on the other cheek(the LEFT one)
when Jesus said this, i think he ment "when you have difficulties and problems, keep believing and be ready for even harder problems"

Oh, BTW at this time all guys were righthanded cause it was considered sinful to be left handed
I don't know why so don't ask me^^

ShinigamiSama
ShinigamiSama
67 posts
Nomad

And yet the same people who have such poetic interpretations of their own religions brand Islam and other religions as "Evil," "Satanic," "Killing Religions" etc. The fact is, all religions have the same core message, but members of other religions often base their opinions on the actions that receive the most publicity, which are almost always killings and scandals.

tyralpha
tyralpha
8 posts
Nomad

ummm... when was the last time you heard of a Christian murderer? Seriously.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Tyralpha, a lot actually... we could start with the Inquisition or the Crusades...just pick a point in time. Just because a person kills in the name of his religion doesn't mean he isn't a murderer.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

My point is that there were murderers from the Crusades (in large numbers) that were Christian. The time and place is irrelevant. Tyralpha, seems to be in denial.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Serb, I didn't say that it was only Christians. I know about the Crusades and the Templars also. Like you, I do read.

If you will READ my posts, I am point out, to Tyralpha, that there were and are Christian murderers. Nearly every religion has people killing in the name of it.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I agree, killing in the name of God is just an excuse to ease the mind. I think that's why Buddhism works out well, because it helps guide people into a way of life that treats everyone well. The teachings of Jesus is very similar, in the loving thy neighbor, etc. I just don't understand, we claim to be such an intelligent species, yet we can't find a way to solve things with out killing each other.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

We should just have scrabble tournaments...

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I'm more partial to animals as well. But I do have faith that whatever Higher Being had a hand in all this knew what it was doing by having intelligence come with a price of evil capabilities. If that made sense...

tyralpha
tyralpha
8 posts
Nomad

I meant modern Christians Asherlee, you've heard of violent crimes against Christians, in the last hundred years, I have not heard of a Christian murderer. Also, Christianity wasn't really existent until the renaissance when Martin Luther posted the 95 thesis after the crusades.

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

actually...Christianity has been around since Jesus. luther introduced the protestant movement of Christianity, because of his disgust w/ the catholic church.(inquisition, etc...)

Showing 76-90 of 239