ForumsWEPRstrnadge thing about christianity

239 44602
meman
meman
275 posts
Nomad

the thing that it says if someone slaps you you give them another cheek to slap..but why do christians kill other relegions and themselves if they belive this?

• 239 Replies
warmech711
warmech711
89 posts
Nomad

back in the medevil time there was a chrictian court called the "inquisition" that would BURN heritics (people who dont believe christianity and are considered traitors) at the stake. not very christian like morals i would say... and whatever religon anyone is raised to believe in becomes so ingrained that they are not likely to believe anything else anyways

dr_peace
dr_peace
304 posts
Nomad

I can't believe somebody brought this thread back.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

You mean it was deleted?

soakerman
soakerman
658 posts
Nomad

yes he does it is obvious but some christians are violent because they are normally helping others

siguysilas
siguysilas
9 posts
Nomad

judgement day will be scary. i mean, having God look at all of our sins, would make me feel ashamed

siguysilas
siguysilas
9 posts
Nomad

to asherlee, where is your proof we evolved? we were not made all alike by chance.if there was a circle of stones, metiphorically, and some one said, yep, those stones are in a perfect circle, but it happened by chance. it would be easier to believe that someone placed the stones there, dont you think?

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Evolution has a lot more logic and evidence to back itself up than religion. Saying something is true just because its easier only shows there is another reason probably more rational.

ShinigamiSama
ShinigamiSama
67 posts
Nomad

Siguysilas: As a response to your metaphor, a impact could easily scatter a mound of stones into a circle.

Anyway, there is a huge amount of evidence supporting evolution.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

The thing about christianity is the fact that everybody thinks about evolution, even though they don't know the story behind Jesus' birthday.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Yes, I don't understand what you are getting at Siguysilas.

zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

i think Siguysilas means "just because something is unlikely doesnt mean its not true it just means its easier to beilieve something else" or something like that

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Still have no idea where either of you are going with this.

zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

hes relating it to evolution his reply should have been in the post evolution vs creationism

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I don't know what you people are talking about

homegrove
homegrove
325 posts
Peasant

Haha, I like how firetail_madness just pops in with his post XD

Showing 61-75 of 239