The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernShould under 11's be banned from the Internet?

71 15262
DaoGao
DaoGao
220 posts
Nomad

This is quite a fiery discussion wherever it is. What do you think? Give a reason why too.

• 71 Replies
ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

I say, they should not get banned. BUT, they must learn how to be internet street smart once they enter the world of internet. I think that maturity does not come with age and they can learn how to be matured enough to use the internet and not falling for troll bait. Even a 16 year old can still be immature when it comes to the internet. I say that immature people should be banned from the internet lols.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,868 posts
Jester

Well, I think it depends on the site that the 11 year old kids are going to use. Internet has the good points and the bad points of using it. But I think the kids under 11 are not ready for certain things like relationship sites (Facebook) and some sites that can teach them wrong things. In AG I don't know if these kids would be able to use...

blackpaladin
blackpaladin
75 posts
Shepherd

depends on what they do on the internet of course :P as long as you watch out they dont do anything stupid theres no problem.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

No. kids can be monitered and can learn alot from things. as long as the kids know the they shouldn't be deprived of an expirence that might hurt them.

Silvergirl11
Silvergirl11
59 posts
Nomad

No. Y on earth would the ban 11 yr olds. I mean u were eleven once how often were u on the Internet when u were 11? I was on the Internet for reachin homework and stuff. But seriously banning 11 yr olds From the internet STUPID IDEA. STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

making a thread like this in ag was probobly a bad idea since people here are young and were 11 2 years ago. or something Thee might be 11 year olds that lied about age and are furios

Did you never learn how to read, or are you really so bad at spamming/thinking that you think that your spamming would be disguised by rambling idiotically in a fashion that looks like it pertains to the topic?
Bearsal1121
Bearsal1121
290 posts
Nomad

That is sooo stupid. Some of the people with the highest points on AG started at an age close to 11. I know i started at 11.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

No. Only from certain sites, but not this one. Maybe they should be banned from some chat sites, but that's about it.

communist09
communist09
259 posts
Nomad

Censorship doesn't destroy evil, it only kills freedom.

thecattygrl
thecattygrl
230 posts
Nomad

No. People are going to learn what the world is like eventually, why try to shelter them? Plus, a lot of school and TV channels like Nick Jr. and Disney Jr. use the internet to help younger people learn.

- THECATTYGRL XD

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

they should be banned from Xbox live! grinds my gears when you have a pre-pubescent dweeb screaming down the mic making noise for the sake of it. On 18 rated games no less!

I know... once when I was in a lobby on Black Ops, this one little kid was whining to his mom about trading cards or something. They can be annoying sometimes, but I don't think they should (or can) be banned from the entire internet.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

they should be banned from Xbox live! grinds my gears when you have a pre-pubescent dweeb screaming down the mic making noise for the sake of it. On 18 rated games no less!

If you pull out that 18 rated game card then a lot of people wouldn't be playing the game. Most people that do play it are under the age of 18.
Good luck with an empty lobby.

Children shouldn't be banned from using the internet. No one should.
There are easy solutions to solve problems such as you don't want them to go to bad sites or searching up bad things. Just put a security limit on there and it'll block certain sites from them accessing.
Also, you can limit their time on the internet so they're not on it all day.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I still don't believe the internet is a fundamental human right, but there's nothing inherently wrong that requires younger children to be banned.

We all know children are annoying quite often, but then that's mainly because of their actions or those of the people that are supposed to be caring for them. Yes, basically it's up to the parents or whoever is supposed to be supervising those children to take action. I know that "supervision" often fails these days. I wouldn't let someone's voice annoy me too much.

I know... once when I was in a lobby on Black Ops, this one little kid was whining to his mom about trading cards or something.

Heh, you could have told the kid to shut up.
SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

No under 11shey should not be banned from the internet. However, they should be banned from certain sites. Like Facebook, mature-content sites(viewing alone w/o parent regard...), etc. I also believe that young persons should be banned from AG accounts, let them play the games if so desired, but our commnity would be spammed with "Mom wont let me play video games wat shud i do?- Little kid typing. We all know those little kids are annoying, almost 24/7.
It is easy to monitor your child's internet privileges if you are that hyper-protective parent.

Heh, you could have told the kid to shut up.

I was at my friends house, and I said " SHUT UP!! No one cares about you stupid ice cream!" Well, they must have had the live chat on the tv speakers cause the mom yelled at me... >.>
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I was at my friends house, and I said " SHUT UP!! No one cares about you stupid ice cream!" Well, they must have had the live chat on the tv speakers cause the mom yelled at me... >.>

Lol. Actually, I would tell them to shut up because they were filling the chat up with irritating crap.
Showing 16-30 of 71