The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernShould under 11's be banned from the Internet?

71 15261
DaoGao
DaoGao
220 posts
Nomad

This is quite a fiery discussion wherever it is. What do you think? Give a reason why too.

• 71 Replies
Oblivior
Oblivior
786 posts
Nomad

If they're responsible and mature enough then no, I don't think they should be banned from the internet.

Seriously, I started using the internet since I was 6 years old and started playing violent, blood-filled games when I was 7 and that didn't affect me in anyway.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

And yet we all know about your serial-killing spree. =P

But I don't think the Internet cause people to go around and kill everyone.

valkery
valkery
1,255 posts
Nomad

But I don't think the Internet cause people to go around and kill everyone.

However, it could have some other undesirable affects. Such as addictions to things better left unsaid for the moment, and a multitude of complexes not seen in other generations.
djfinalmix
djfinalmix
196 posts
Nomad

you can ban them, but i dont think the kids sites will be happy. This is how people make money. 40% of the money made in McDonalds reastauants come from happy meals. Start a kids website, offer them premium membership, and rob money out of their parents bank accounts.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Aren't under children under 13 allowed on here, not to have accounts, but to play games? I've seen lots of them playing Exit Path or Fancy Pants or something. :/

We couldn't ban them, if they had no account anyway.
As long as they do not have accounts, they are not giving AG problems and we can't do much about them, anyway.
GhostSauce
GhostSauce
1,140 posts
Nomad

yes but if we ask them would they really admit? I mean seriously i think eleven year old would be smart enough to say in mod would ask them and anyways i don't believe that there are any 11 year olds in the forums. Whose with meh

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

i don't believe that there are any 11 year olds in the forums.

I know a few people who joined AG at the age of eleven.
farrowking37
farrowking37
610 posts
Nomad

how could you ban kids under 11 from the internet, it would be practically impossible. besides, there are plenty of kid friendly sites round for younger kids to go to.

jyoung88
jyoung88
84 posts
Nomad

no why the heck would you ban 11 year olds from the internet

duhcornmaster
duhcornmaster
64 posts
Nomad

i find this a funny question, i guess that you might think "oh no he's gonna meet a stranger online and give away all of his personal information" but i really don't think that that's a completely fair characterization, I believe that it should be the parent's decision; if they feel that their son or daughter is mature enough not to do that kind of stuff then i see no problem with it. some parents might be paranoid, i know that one of my neighbor's parents wont let him have a facebook until he's 18 because they care for his privacy and safety. and yes i do agree some people just aren't mature enough to handle it. that does make sense.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I remember I was little like 9 when I first went on the internet. It was when me an my sister always played a megeman game on the internet and one day I thought "if this is on the internet, what else is on here?" I found a lotta stuff. Most of the stuff was quite disturbing so I belive that people under 10 shouldn't be alowed unless under adult supervision.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

no why the heck would you ban 11 year olds from the internet

To protect the rest of the internet from the idiocy brought about my immature underlings.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

why the heck would you ban 11 year olds from the internet

Just search around AG, you'll soon figure out why.

I didn't start getting on the computer until I was around 13 or so. I didn't really have a need for it. All I would do on the computer at the time was go on youtube & Facebook.
parents might be paranoid

They have a right to be paranoid.
If a little child happens to stumble upon a chat-room or something of the sort, people there can track the child's IP Address then possibly find them.
Just take a look at the world. .
Also, there are things that children shouldn't see, they might be curious however and go onto forbidden sites.
KopyKat
KopyKat
42 posts
Nomad

Ban 11 years olds and under thats stupid im under 11 i think that the internet helps people in many ways 11 year olds would like to plays games chat and look things up for research.

KopyKat
KopyKat
42 posts
Nomad

knight and somewhat i am under 11 knight and somewhat i do not have adult supervision .

Showing 46-60 of 71