ForumsNews and FeedbackIdeas and Discussions about: Armatars

256 61256
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone,

Since we have a LOT of duplicate threads on Armatars, I'm creating this sticky post where users can discuss ideas about armatars.

We've stated several times that Dan is in charge of armatars at the moment, and that if you want new armatars to go let him know. We have several new ideas for armatars on AG3 that we'll discuss in this thread as we work on it.

For starters, we ARE going to allow custom armatars at some point. I'm not sure if it'll be there when AG3 launches, but it's a priority. We'll have strict requirements, probably something like being a member for more than 6 months, and have a certain number of points/achievements or a reputation level of a certain rank or something. The specifics are still being worked out. One idea is that at one level (points/achievements/reputation), you could upload an armatar that only you could use. At another level, you could unlock it for your friends to use. At another level, your followers, and at the highest level, make it available for anyone on the site. We've also discussed the idea of letting our most artistic users create entire *sets* of armatars for the site.

In AG3, all users will have a unique URL for their armatar, which they can use on other sites if they choose. We'll have a link on your dashboard that will show you what the URL is or how to download a high-quality version of the image.

All armatar uploads will be heavily scrutinized by human eyes before they go live on the site. Users who abuse the system by uploading an image against our Terms and Conditions and other rules and guidelines about images will be permanently banned from the site.

Anyhow, if you have other ideas, questions, suggestions, please place them here. If you see other users asking about AG3 armatars, please direct them back to this forum thread.

• 256 Replies
greentrev106
greentrev106
181 posts
Shepherd

That would be cool if we could creat our own.

greentrev106
greentrev106
181 posts
Shepherd

Just filter all of the inappropriate stuff out.

Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

Just filter all of the inappropriate stuff out.

Well ya those people would probably get banned, but Still. That wont stop some people.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Add animated Armatars?

Nope, won't ever happen.
bunniecorps
bunniecorps
468 posts
Nomad

How will you guys filter through all the Armatars, I'm positive you guys won't allow pictures. So how will you do it? Will someone have to approve it first? Will the Armatars that break the rules get punished?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've already answered all of those questions.

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

I have a question: will we unlock armatars by reaching some goals as 100 game rated, 100 comments, 500 forum posts, 1st merit...? It would be very nice, actually we can only unlock armatar by accumulate AP.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I *believe* that Larry said that all existing AG2 armatars (other than the seasonal ones) will be available without any AP restrictions when we launch AG3. Newer armatars will be unlocked (somehow) with the games.

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

Newer armatars will be unlocked (somehow) with the games.

When you say "games", it's about finish the game or unlocking all achievements?
latpasko
latpasko
295 posts
Nomad

will there be any armatars related to armorgames castle theme?
in castle theme i mean: "The forge" "the tavern" "the courtyard".

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

When you say "games", it's about finish the game or unlocking all achievements?

Maybe, or we might also just make them available when we launch the game. That's not my department. )
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

will there be any armatars related to...

I have no information about what kinds of new armatars we'll have beyond game armatars.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Because this thread covers a lot of topics over and over, I've started a new thread for Armatar discussion, and will be locking this one.

Showing 241-253 of 256