ForumsNews and FeedbackIdeas and Discussions about: Armatars

256 61257
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone,

Since we have a LOT of duplicate threads on Armatars, I'm creating this sticky post where users can discuss ideas about armatars.

We've stated several times that Dan is in charge of armatars at the moment, and that if you want new armatars to go let him know. We have several new ideas for armatars on AG3 that we'll discuss in this thread as we work on it.

For starters, we ARE going to allow custom armatars at some point. I'm not sure if it'll be there when AG3 launches, but it's a priority. We'll have strict requirements, probably something like being a member for more than 6 months, and have a certain number of points/achievements or a reputation level of a certain rank or something. The specifics are still being worked out. One idea is that at one level (points/achievements/reputation), you could upload an armatar that only you could use. At another level, you could unlock it for your friends to use. At another level, your followers, and at the highest level, make it available for anyone on the site. We've also discussed the idea of letting our most artistic users create entire *sets* of armatars for the site.

In AG3, all users will have a unique URL for their armatar, which they can use on other sites if they choose. We'll have a link on your dashboard that will show you what the URL is or how to download a high-quality version of the image.

All armatar uploads will be heavily scrutinized by human eyes before they go live on the site. Users who abuse the system by uploading an image against our Terms and Conditions and other rules and guidelines about images will be permanently banned from the site.

Anyhow, if you have other ideas, questions, suggestions, please place them here. If you see other users asking about AG3 armatars, please direct them back to this forum thread.

• 256 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

How do you get armatars like this guy:

http://armorgames.com/user/Haku1234567890

Those are seasonal armatars, which are not available anymore.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

When do these comes anyway? Are there some for Christmas and Halloween only? What about summer? I hope AG will have more ginger bread ones. The one with a bite off his head is hilarious (is name is Gingy isn't it?).

Theres ussualy a contest for them, but it hasn't been up for awile. Whether its through lack of support, or simply AG3 being around the corner, seasonal armatars are not avaliable.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

How do you get armatars like this guy:

You either hope it will be included as a seasonal on AGv3, or you ask the creator whether you could have a link for the image to use when you have a good enough karma ("reputation&quot to be able to upload your own armatars, when that has been implemented on AGv3.
brp47
brp47
580 posts
Peasant

will the points system be totally reset or will u maintain a percentage of your points?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

will the points system be totally reset or will u maintain a percentage of your points?

There will be some kind of migration, and such discussion should go here.
bunniecorps
bunniecorps
468 posts
Nomad

I think armatars should remain reletively the same. Letting people design and upload their own armatar is just screaming trolls

foxdemon1078
foxdemon1078
3 posts
Nomad

Armarters are like all some beast animals and nights all midevil.

Pohlhammer
Pohlhammer
136 posts
Shepherd

I don't think people should be able to upload their own armatars

gizliz42
gizliz42
87 posts
Nomad

i agree with Pohlhammer letting people upload their own armtars just isn't armorgames.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I agree as well because the admins will have to spend too much time checking them and decide if they're okay or copyrighted or indecent.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I think armatars should remain reletively the same. Letting people design and upload their own armatar is just screaming trolls

I think we have already discussed custom armatars.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

something I'm curious about... how do public domain images work? aren't they normally just "don't sell it for personal profit, but you can use it for other personal things?" kinda maybe sorta?

but that opens a can o worms w/ regard to actually knowing if its public domain or not. so I'm gonna guess that the answer for that is a big NOOO... but I'll just leave this here anyway just in case.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

i want this kind of armatars

They're really cool. I like humanoid-Armatars; even if I'm not using them. Humanoids is good for Armatar War.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

the problem lies w/ the fact that some outside entity owns those and has them trademarked... which means you can't use them without their permission for anything... Your own art is even sketchy when it comes down to using it since the character still belongs to another entity (anyone else catch that? :P)

ferfer313
ferfer313
260 posts
Nomad

Armatars for 15,000 AP

Pegasus
Gryffin
Cyclops
Banshee
Chupacabra

The Myth Pack

BTW who is the art director for armorgames?

Showing 211-225 of 256