The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe Tavernself defence, right or wrong?

66 9528
brp47
brp47
580 posts
Peasant

if someone breaks into your house and tries to murder your children.

should you be allowed to kill them to save the children?

(btw the law sais no but what do u think)

• 66 Replies
PinchingNerves
PinchingNerves
3 posts
Nomad

Do you have to kill them, though?
Not just knock them unconscious or something?
In general context, self defense is right in my eyes, if someone hits you, you should be allowed to hit them back.

sambam
sambam
452 posts
Nomad

Self defense is right but owning a machine gun isn't. Why does the US have the right to bear arms, it just makes more violence and crime. The only way you should have a gun is if you have a hunting license.

In general context, self defense is right in my eyes, if someone hits you, you should be allowed to hit them back.

I totally agree. In my school though it's kind of stupid because you can't get in a fight in or out of school, even in the summer. I really want to have some fair fights though. Arranged, not random fighting but the kid says no because I would kill him (not literally). Still if I get punched my dad says I can beat that kid up. Even if I get suspended or a referral he hit me so I can hit him. That's just fair game so deal with it kid.
016Bramble
016Bramble
408 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I think that if you're in mortal peril, then you should defend yourself. But, honestly, how often are you going to be at gunpoint (unless you're in the military)? Besides, If there's a gun pointed at your chest, how are you going to get to your gun? If you have kids, it probably isn't loaded or is in a safe, hidden place. That would be a good feat. If you're going to get away with moving, why not escape and contact the authorities? That way, you wouldn't be harming a human being. Also, they may not fire unless fired upon. Would you rather be dead or lose some valuables. Life is short; don't make it shorter.

Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

when i lived in texas, my mom had a pistol.. and if someone broke into our house and threatened us she could shoot him as long as he died inside the house.. and i think that is perfectly acceptable. The people saying "why not just knock them out and call the police?" have been watching too many movies. If you get knocked out for any significant amount of time (longer than a few seconds) you've suffered serious brain damage

Showing 61-64 of 66