ForumsThe TavernBooks

51 10398
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I noticed that there is nothing on this forum about books. For shame! I know we are in the digital age and all, but I personally love to read. I have always been an avid bookworm, although I don't have much free time to read nowadays.

So what kind of books do you like to read? What book are you currently reading? What is your favorite book ever?

• 51 Replies
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

I like books! I normally don't get much a chance to read during school(except boring school books we have to read) I don't really have a 'current book' I scatter read a million things at once, and I don't have a fav book, any good book is a fav so that list goes on forever 8|

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I noticed I didn't really answer my own questions, so here it goes:

I used to really like fantasy fiction type books, like The Lord of the Rings series, His Dark Materials series, Harry Potter, etc. I don't really get to read those much any more.

These days I read more marine biology or science books. I just bought a book on sharks that I haven't been able to read yet, and also some Pacific ocean fish identification books. I am so excited about them, such a dork, I know... lol.

And my favorite book ever... probably The Hobbit or Ella Enchanted. Both I have read way too many times to count, and am in love with both.

lonewolf537
lonewolf537
145 posts
Nomad

ummmm, lets see. i like comedy books, but i havnt really found any that are very good. im currently reading the bourne identity and my favorite book ever, spiderman 3.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

My book sections:
school books(obviously)
Sci-Fi
Fantasy
Comedy
Mystery
Action
and mainly since it's to great to not have a category of it's own

WarHammer(both norm and 40k)

nqkoi1
nqkoi1
382 posts
Nomad

Books!!!Are you drunk?What do you think TV is made for :P

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

i don't see WarHammer on TV

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

I am reading: Actionsript 3 documentation, php documentations, and Java documentation. That's it for now.

iFish
iFish
442 posts
Nomad

i like fantacy/ action books, mainlu because its soemthing different from what your are currently living. my favourite book is Doctor Illuminatus, Soul Stealer (sequel to doctor illuminatus), and perscription for natural cures, cuz it has good natural cures, and im really intreseted in that stuff. i have recently read Lord of the Flies, worst book ever, best part was when the fat kid dies, and i did my final project on him. the book was a class assignment...

Green12324
Green12324
4,099 posts
Peasant

I love to read any fiction book, I like WWII books also. Right now I'm reading Shade's Children. Really good XD

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I read more than most. Usually what I am doing is reading 3-4 books at a time. Right now I am on:

Time Traveler's Wife
The Pig That Wants to Be Eaten
Problems in Philosophy
7th installment of Harry Potter (which I just can't seem to finish)

I also help my girlfriend with her school work. She is finishing her Ph.D. and is having to take a graduate level psych course (not in her area) and I'm having to read the work for her and explain it. So yay for books on Social Cognitive Theory!

I also have to read her lit reviews every week that range from 30-40 pages.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I used to only be able to read one book at a time, and I HAD to read it before moving on to the next one. But now I'm not so strict on myself, and read more at a time as well.

How is the philosophy book? That is one of those subjects that I could just never get into. Drives me crazy!

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Both the Pig That Wants to Be Eaten and Problems in philosophy are one of my top 5 philosophy books. Problems in philosophy was absolutely revolutionary for its time and still is. It is like a handbook to philosophers.

Philosophy can be tough to read if you haven't trained your mind to think a certain way. But there is a down side, now I always see premises and logic (mostly the lack of logic) in everyday conversation. My girlfriend cannot stand when I point that stuff out.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I have never taken a class on it or anything. My brother working on a PHD in philosophy, and always tries to use it to mess with my head, so annoying! But then I just get to turn around and spout out some scientific jargon

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

I've always loved reading, but I've really been reading on overdrive recently.

Some excellent books that I've read over the past month:

The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama
God is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens
Inkheart by ?
The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins
The End of Faith by Sam Harris
Letter to a Christian Nation by Sam Harris
His Dark Materials Trilogy - currently reading.

gwoodruler
gwoodruler
106 posts
Nomad

my favorite is the eragon series

Showing 1-15 of 51