The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernWhat'll happen in 2012?

91 18260
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Thoughts on what will happen in 2012?

• 91 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

There will be a mass suicide on new years of 2012, people will just say wtf...

Awesome! More available jobs! And higher wages!

And for girls - no more long lines for the terlet!

2012 will be a great year.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

On december 25th or whatever, nothing will happen.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

The movie is based of that the Maya-peoples calender don't go any further than until 2012. But that was a misinterpretation. Actually the Maya-peoples calender has already stopped.

jroyster22
jroyster22
755 posts
Peasant

I don't think anything spectacular is going to happen in the year 2012. But we shall see!

blackpredator11
blackpredator11
5 posts
Nomad

i think nothing will happen

Stormtrooper1
Stormtrooper1
81 posts
Nomad

Nothing special except what is already planned, no ending of the world, unless..

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

In 2012, many people will prematurely end their lives, especially towards the end of the year. That year's christmas will see a lot of mixed emotions.
In 2012, I'll be two years older than now, and that's about the only thing about myself I can say with a relatively high certainty.
In 2012, I really do hope that Sarkozy won't have been reelected, or we may face another few dim years.

And finally, in 2012 I will play TESV: Skyrim until I fall over

Misanthropic
Misanthropic
16 posts
Nomad

Well if you look at the science - nothing will happen...
The world could end any day... If you think about it big pieces of asteroids and meteorites are flying past Earth everyday, I think we have more risk getting hit by them than the world ending in 2012.
Maybe the Mayans ran out of rock.
To be honest I haven't got a clue what would happen on that date, apparently a new 'Era' will happen...
Still - I don't believe in these theories and I think I have more chance getting run over by a car.

nemo12
nemo12
723 posts
Nomad

^ uhh, thats spam ^ Anyway, I think the world will not end but will be the beginning of the time when God's major predictions(HE does not need to make predictions, HE's God) will come to a climax. They are already starting. Be ready for the future coming of God.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Huh? So you think the world will not end but god will come (which means apocalypse, or world's end, if I'm not mistaken)? And his predictions will mostly fulfill, are even starting to, BUT he doesn't need to make such predictions?

Sorry, I don't mean to offense you, but I have trouble seeing any logic in your post.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

and that the Hunger Games will come out as a film! =D

Yea I'm looking forward to it I know it's not going to be as good as the books tho.

2012 will the US's new elections i think, so I will see that. And in 2012 will be my 17th anniversary.

but will be the beginning of the time when God's major predictions(HE does not need to make predictions, HE's God)

Please can you make any less sense.

They are already starting.

Examples NAO!

Be ready for the future coming of God.

Meh, I didn't clean room 'cuz he is going to destroy it anyways right?
DeadlyVelociraptor
DeadlyVelociraptor
3,415 posts
Nomad

Since the thread I posted in was locked, I quote what I said about the end of the world:

God is like a dude, he has a very large house and all of the rooms in the house are amazingly organized and beautiful. The dude likes animals, so he gets a whole lot of pets and puts them in his most delicate and organized room, which is apparently earth. One day, the dude (AKA god) gets a new pet, which is this puppy; the puppy was special, and he thought the puppy will be awesome. But then, the puppy starts eating other pets, it urinates all over the room, it starts biting off the paint and pictures on the walls of the room, and it eventually travels a bit to the closet across the hall.

So, should the dude burn the delicate room down just to kill the puppy? I think not. He will most probably just kick the puppy out of the house.

Now to understanding my poor metaphor, the puppy of doom is basically humans.

Which leads to my opinion:

Will the world erupt in flame and demons come out to kill us all? Nope.

Will something happen just to get rid of the pesky little vermin called homo sapiens? I definitely think so.

Well, at-least that is my opinion.
exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

I have a great answer: NO ONE KNOWS! It is the future, and no one is able to predict it. Nothing is written in stone.

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Nothing is written in stone

Except for the Mayan Calendar.

And speaking of stone, they had to have ran out of room on the rock. It ends on a solstice, a "landmark" date where it would be a acceptable Interval to make a calendar for. It it ended on August 5 then that would be oh so slightly more weird. Nothing will happen, yay.
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN!

we will boringly wait for the new prez and watch the olympics!

Showing 31-45 of 91