ForumsWEPRTheism and Atheism

4668 1465447
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

I grew up atheist for 16 years. I had always kept an open mind towards religion, but never really felt a need to believe in it. My sister started going to a Wednesday night children's program at a church. Eventually, I was dragged into a Christmas Eve service. Scoffing, I reluctantly went, assuming that this was going to be a load of crap, but when I went, I felt something. Something that I've never felt before. I felt a sense of empowerment and a sense of calling. Jesus called upon my soul, just like he did with his disciples. he wanted me to follow him. Now, my life is being lived for Christ. He died on the cross for my sins, and the sins of everyone who believes in him. He was beaten, brutalized, struck with a whip 39 times, made to carry a cross up to the stage of his death. This I believe to be true, and I can never repay him for what he has done.
I still have my struggles with Christianity, but I've found this bit of information most useful. Religion is not comprehensible in the human mind, because we cannot comprehend the idea of a perfect and supreme being, a God, but we can believe it in our heart, and that's the idea of faith. Faith is, even though everything rides against me believing in Jesus, I still believe in him because I know that it's true in my heart. I invite my fellow Brothers and sisters of the LORD to talk about how Jesus has helped you in your life. No atheists and no insults please

• 4,668 Replies
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

btw kasic is a bummbling retard

Get the hell off of him! I don't usually talk to him, but he seems to be alright.
abortion *****s somebody sent me here and christians r gay jkjkjk

1. Make a thread about abortion if you want to discuss it.
2. I sent you here if you were to make a thread 'bout abortion.
3. Christians? Gay? If Christians were gay, they'd all be hypocrites and we would have a much smaller population.

Come to think of it, I think this is the only thread I rarely participate in.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Don't worry about it Paarfam, I already left a comment on Cenere's profile asking him to talk to this guy. He's probably just some 9-10 year old kid who thinks trolling and playing like he's gay is funny.

sodangobsessed
sodangobsessed
200 posts
Nomad

Well I belive in Jesus but since I'm a Jehovah Wittness I have belives that are a little bit diffrent but not much.

sodangobsessed
sodangobsessed
200 posts
Nomad

WizKahlifaPapers Leave Kasic alone. I warned you on your profile you are gonna get banned. How would you like it if I called you a retart. And you really think being gay is fun??? Like you said on your profile and then you think asking me if i wanna have sex with you is also funny?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Well I belive in Jesus but since I'm a Jehovah Wittness I have belives that are a little bit diffrent but not much.

What are those differences?
vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

The very first healing out of many reported wrecks this apart.

No it is logic.
This is blatant ignorance. You don't want to take all the data provided into account, therefore you don't want to discuss the matter as a whole, therefore no dialogue with you is possible.
Not much? Tell me please, what your teaching states about salvation.

PS: I like their "not much" when talking contradictions. We have our local JWs, and they are accounted as a sect and not Christians.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

We have our local JWs, and they are accounted as a sect and not Christians.

Last time I checked JW's are a sect of Christianity. Just like Baptists are a sect of Christianity and Catholics and Lutherains, and what have you.
vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

Last time I checked JW's are a sect of Christianity. Just like Baptists are a sect of Christianity and Catholics and Lutherains, and what have you.
You probably mistake a sect from a denomination. And, here in Russia JW are counted as a sect, and Catholic Church counts JW as not Christians.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

You probably mistake a sect from a denomination. And, here in Russia JW are counted as a sect, and Catholic Church counts JW as not Christians.

Well it's different here in North America.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

This is blatant ignorance. You don't want to take all the data provided into account, therefore you don't want to discuss the matter as a whole, therefore no dialogue with you is possible.

Or he is finding what you are regarding as data to be lacking.

Looks like wiki has a decent definition to work with.

Sect;
"A sect is a group with distinctive religious, political or philosophical beliefs. Although in past it was mostly used to refer to religious groups, it has since expanded and in modern culture can refer to any organization that breaks away from a larger one to follow a different set of rules and principles. The term is occasionally used in a malicious way to suggest the broken-off group follows a more negative path than the original. The historical usage of the term sect in Christendom has had pejorative connotations, referring to a group or movement with heretical beliefs or practices that deviate from those of groups considered orthodox."

Religious Denomination;
"A religious denomination is a subgroup within a religion that operates under a common name, tradition, and identity."

With the above in mind I will leave it up to you to figure out what JW is. Here is their official website.
http://www.jw-media.org/
vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

Or he is finding what you are regarding as data to be lacking.
If he'd find this data lacking, he would at least address the issue of "the very first healing" I have mentioned, when a photographer was cured of gangrena on his finger. I think this is common knowledge that gangrena is progressive necrosis, therefore irreversable, so a cure is a miracle.
With the above in mind I will leave it up to you to figure out what JW is.
Good, now we have to listen to sodangobsessed in order to explain JW's beliefs.
vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

If he'd find this data lacking, he would at least address the issue of "the very first healing" I have mentioned, when a photographer was cured of gangrena on his finger. I think this is common knowledge that gangrena is progressive necrosis, therefore irreversable, so a cure is a miracle.

Or you managed to pull so many circumstantial and subjective situations out and call them miracles that it's just seemed pointless to once again say it.
sodangobsessed
sodangobsessed
200 posts
Nomad

Guys basiclly the definition of being a Chrstian is beliveing in Jesus so basiclly I'm a christian.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Quite a large number of Muslims and Jews believe IN Jesus as existing (some Muslims even believe that he was one of the prophets sent by Allah) - the definition of a Christian is someone who believes that Jesus was the son of God.

Showing 1651-1665 of 4668