ForumsWEPRTheism and Atheism

4668 1465345
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

I grew up atheist for 16 years. I had always kept an open mind towards religion, but never really felt a need to believe in it. My sister started going to a Wednesday night children's program at a church. Eventually, I was dragged into a Christmas Eve service. Scoffing, I reluctantly went, assuming that this was going to be a load of crap, but when I went, I felt something. Something that I've never felt before. I felt a sense of empowerment and a sense of calling. Jesus called upon my soul, just like he did with his disciples. he wanted me to follow him. Now, my life is being lived for Christ. He died on the cross for my sins, and the sins of everyone who believes in him. He was beaten, brutalized, struck with a whip 39 times, made to carry a cross up to the stage of his death. This I believe to be true, and I can never repay him for what he has done.
I still have my struggles with Christianity, but I've found this bit of information most useful. Religion is not comprehensible in the human mind, because we cannot comprehend the idea of a perfect and supreme being, a God, but we can believe it in our heart, and that's the idea of faith. Faith is, even though everything rides against me believing in Jesus, I still believe in him because I know that it's true in my heart. I invite my fellow Brothers and sisters of the LORD to talk about how Jesus has helped you in your life. No atheists and no insults please

• 4,668 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

[i]I never said that God saved him

Sorry mis-read.

Again, your admitting there is a God

I'm not admitting there is a god. I may refer to God, as if it exists, for the sake of argument, but no where have I assterted that God does in fact exist.
pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

But if you have no respect for Christians, why capitalize "God", atheist? Shouldn't you not have any respect?

mysteriousmexican666
mysteriousmexican666
315 posts
Nomad

Shift, you took the words right out of my mouth... literally. lol.

Back to gays. If you are straight and know you are straight and then lay with a man "just to experiment" or "to try it out", that's a sin. If you are born gay, and have truly felt that way your whole life, that's mental illness, therefore not a sin. There's a definite line between the two instances

shift4101
shift4101
196 posts
Peasant

It's at the very least sinning in the eyes of the church, which is pretty much the same thing. Unless of course you don't hate sin.

Seriously, I am beginning to believe you actually don't know what you are talking about, and ignoring what we have to say.

"But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Man. Woman. Same thing.

And I get to quote this three times now...

Oy. Have you ever heard of reading in between the lines? Those verses reveal that those crimes are worthy of death. Death doesn't have to be murder.
pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

I'm not trying to sound funny here, but being gay IS a choice. If i CHOOSE to have sex with a man it's my choice. Genetics aren't making me. People aren't born killers, or robbers, or pedifiles, they choose to do such things.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Oy. Have you ever heard of reading in between the lines?

Here's a little video I like that Mage has linked before.

Enjoy!

Death doesn't have to be murder.

Definition of Murder

Yes, in this case, it is murder. Does it really even matter if you classify it as murder or death? They equal the same thing.

And your metaphor is too far out there to sense.

I don't think so, but, I am tired, so it probably wasn't as direct as it could have been.

But if you have no respect for Christians

I do not not have no respect for Christians, I just don't think that what they believe in is true.

why capitalize "God", atheist?

To punctuate when i'm talking about God the being or just a god in general.

Shouldn't you not have any respect?

For the faith, no, for the people who believe in it, that's dependant upon the person.

Shift, you took the words right out of my mouth... literally. lol.

See above.

There's a definite line between the two instances

Namely one is acting upon it and one is not.

Oy. Have you ever heard of reading in between the lines? Those verses reveal that those crimes are worthy of death. Death doesn't have to be murder.

I referenced that in my post.
mysteriousmexican666
mysteriousmexican666
315 posts
Nomad

pballaddict it is a choice, but if that's how a person feels deep within their soul, it's an illness. But that goes with the other point I made. People who know better and know different have the choice and if they willingly sleep with the same sex, then it is sin.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I'm not trying to sound funny here, but being gay IS a choice.

Choosing to do homosexual actions is a choice, yes, but you cannot choose what you are and what you are not attracted to. If you look at a naked guy and are aroused, you're either bi or gay. If not, you're not gay. Did you conciously choose to like women? Of course not, you just always have. If you had never heard the term "gay" or "homosexual" or ever seen a gay person, you would never have known that there was even that "option" as it would never have come to mind.
shift4101
shift4101
196 posts
Peasant

[quote]Oy. Have you ever heard of reading in between the lines?

Here's a little video I like that Mage has linked before.[/quote]

Again, you are not listening, and the video contradicts itself. The video is against Christians, not Jews, but entirely leaves out the New Testament.

Yes, in this case, it is murder. Does it really even matter if you classify it as murder or death? They equal the same thing.

It meant death as in eternal death. Stop acting like you know what you are talking about. So far what you have said in the last 3 posts has been entirely garbage.
mysteriousmexican666
mysteriousmexican666
315 posts
Nomad

That infamous video has arisen yet again... The Bible admits that it has parables. That nullifies anything your video has to say.

Death CAN be murder, but death can also be loss of interest, or anguish that causes a deathlike feeling. Murder = Death but that isn't a biconditional statement

pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

@Kasic-Men arent aroused by other men. it's human nature. So what your saying is a robber can be "bi". So in other words he can be taker and a giver. Or a killer can be a killer and a life-giver. Because they were born that way. And also if you have a problem with the faith and not the people, then why are you wasting your time trying to prove us wrong? Obviously you have a problem with us. This post, as thepyro222 said, please no athiests and no insults. You're simply insulting us by trying to cripple our faith.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

If your faith wasn't so damaging to other people then we wouldn't have a problem with it and wouldn't have to try and bring you back to sense/snap you out of your brainwashing.

pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

Brainwashing? There is no such thing. We BELIEVE in our faith. YOU believe there is no God. So if were "brainwashed" so are you.

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

if you won't be so easily insulted when told truth there will be no need of "snapping us out of our brainwashing".

pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

And how is our faith damaging? enlighten me.

Showing 1906-1920 of 4668