The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernThis world is currently....not good enough

96 14863
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Ever have one of those days where you don't want to do anything at all?

And when you start doing nothing, you don't want to be doing that either?

Yeah, today is one of those days for me. I don't really want to be here on AG, but I don't want to be anywhere else either. The only place I don't want to be is anywhere.

No, I'm not suicidal, just for the record. I'm just completely and utterly bored with absolutely everything.

Any ideas?

• 96 Replies
cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

have no endurance whatsoever, and I have zero energy. All the time.

thats why you build up to it. People always say 'i cant run cuz im not in shape'... The only way to get in shape is to run. I busy streets would be a problem so i guess a park would help or a bike path.
Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

Long-term goal, starve yourself. Food will taste great.

Right now, try naughty videos on the internet until you tire yourself out, then stare at the mind-box that plays seinfeld while laying in your bed.

If your tv is not in your bedroom, move it there.

shortay7562
shortay7562
134 posts
Nomad

thats why you build up to it. People always say 'i cant run cuz im not in shape'... The only way to get in shape is to run. I busy streets would be a problem so i guess a park would help or a bike path.

Or he could drive to a local gym and use a treadmill, unless he has one. That might help.
Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

jump rope.... that gets you in shape and is hard enough to keep your mind off of things... i bet you cant get 1000 jumps

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

I'm a 29-year-old guy on a flash gaming forum with over 8,000 posts. Do you honestly think I'd have a girlfriend?

I don't know. My cousin is a computer nerd and he's had ****loads of girlfriends piling in. They're like in a ****ing line outside his house waiting for him.

He was born 1982, so that would make you the same age is him, no?

All I can say is, get friends. You're out of school so you're going to have a hard time getting girls unless you have broskis. Bro, I don't know. I'm scared after college, what's going to happen. Am I going to have the same friends or not or whatever. Sorry I can't help you.

I'm not going to try and give you bad advice like most people are doing, but I can just wish you good luck on your journey through life.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Get a homosexual wingman, i heard those are awesome.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

Epic win for the boys tavern thread reference, +1

Well played sir.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

Hahahaha.

I have had many of these moods before. They really do suck.

What you should do, Ernie (this is what I usually do), is get off of AG (gasp) and stretch. I'm serious. Stretch. Or, if that isn't manly enough, do some sit-ups or something. Then take a deep breath, and close your eyes. Go drink some cold water. Stretch a little more. Move around. That'll get your brain working a bit. Then, think. Sit and think. After about ten to fifteen minutes of this, go be productive, or sit down and get back to AG.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Epic win for the boys tavern thread reference, +1

Hahahaha.

Best thread ever.

You can also try playing bioshock.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

do a hobby that you enjoy

I don't have any hobbies. I've looked for hobbies my whole life but I've never once found one that interested me.

Cook a new meal that youve never made before.

Do you have any suggestions? This is actually a good idea.

Realize that you dont always have to be doing something to be happy.

I've tried doing things and I've tried not doing things. Today neither of those things worked for me.

Consider going to sleep. If you live in a different time zone, screw that.

Like I say, I tried, but I don't even have enough patience to let myself drift off to sleep.

[quote]I'm a 29-year-old guy

...Seriously?[/quote]

How old did you think I was? I'm curious to know what age I come off as.

thats why you build up to it. People always say 'i cant run cuz im not in shape'...

I used to run every day for over a year. I think the longest I could go without collapsing was about 10 minutes.

Running never put me in a worse mood. It made me subconsciously anxious that I'd run out of breath, and the fast breathing along with the occasional sidecramp just made me feel flat-out uncomfortable.

Right now, try naughty videos on the internet until you tire yourself out

Oh I've watched them all. There is no such naughtiness I haven't seen.

jump rope.... that gets you in shape and is hard enough to keep your mind off of things... i bet you cant get 1000 jumps

I might be able to get 100 if I put my mind to it. But I'd need lots of breaks.

He was born 1982, so that would make you the same age is him, no?

Correct, but I'm not a computer nerd. I'm more of a computer loser.

Most days I'm happy with being a loser. It does have its perks. It's just one of those days where I can't enjoy anything whatsoever. My mind automatically has set standards that are too high for me to get happy.

All I can say is, get friends.

It's not like I don't have any friends. I have a decent amount, but they probably don't want to be around me when I'm in a downer mood.

I don't really want to be around people, either.

I don't feel like driving into SF right now.

This post is getting too long so I'll respond to other people after I get this one out there.
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

Ernie, 29 is around the age where people start getting married. 29-35. Around there.

Are any of your friends married?

shortay7562
shortay7562
134 posts
Nomad

Do you have any suggestions? This is actually a good idea.

Well, I know some pretty good recepies, but I would probably have to know what are some dishes you enjoy eating before I start going on and on about something that you wouldnt like because it has a food that you dont like in it, such as spinich or salmon.
Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

Oh I've watched them all. There is no such naughtiness I haven't seen.

LIES!

They come out with new ones everyday. Trust me.
StrategicCaptain
StrategicCaptain
393 posts
Nomad

Ernie, you live on your computer and do nothing almost 24/7.... so how do you make money? Anyway.... A job might occupy you.
You should
-Run around the mall "THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!"
-Prank call some places, it's really fun, and gives you the giggles xD

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

They come out with new ones everyday. Trust me.

I trust you, hehehe.
Showing 16-30 of 96