ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506770
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Great, she was sick today.
So much for that. Hopefully she gets better, but until then I got nothin.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I think it will be Ernie though. Sorry Ernie.

I have to agree with you there. Cold hard statistics don't lie.

still say me. if any of you knew me you would agree hands down.

You have girls swarming around you like it's nobody's business. One day you're going to like one of them back, whether or not you think so now, and before you know it you'll be off this imaginary list of people who girls don't seem to like.

Some of us wish we had the same luxuries that you do. Don't you go taking them for granted, now, because there are a few of us here who would trade anything for them.

Well, maybe not anything, but you know what I mean.

Burn!!!!!!!!!!

No, not really. Just a fact.
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

You have girls swarming around you like it's nobody's business.

And i hate it

One day you're going to like one of them back, whether or not you think so now, and before you know it you'll be off this imaginary list of people who girls don't seem to like.

I dread this day.
skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

Burn!!!!!!!!!!
No, not really. Just a fact.

Mmmmm'k.

And i hate it

The same here, which I probably made it worse because, when one of them poked me, I flexed. So now they think I have abs.

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

And i hate it

Sorry I forgot to say something: I feel your pain.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Alright...so an update...I'm pissed as all hell

So since her and I have started talking..everything has been purely amazing. She has been happier, I've been insanely happier...it is like a ****ing match made in heaven. So...why still no title? Well...here is a lil story to help explain ****:

So as I stated...everything has been amazing...but her **** parents have been a real issue. Currently...I have been blocked from her phone because they do not like her talking with me (I'm not saying this to be arrogant or anything, but I'm not a bad guy at all. Especially with her...if someone came up to me and told me that if I was to spend an entire week in the worst depression imaginable, then she would become extraordinarily happy for just one day...I'd take that deal in less than a heartbeat). So when we talk, it is either on skype, or using email to message each others phones.

So today at school she told me that before I go into work we will skype and then while I'm working she would message me on her email (oh...and a little enticement for you guys to get upset about this bull**** too...she was going to join AG today because I asked if she'd like to). So I get home and get on my email and message her phone and after a while I receive a message from it saying this: "*her name* is grounded I hope this isn't *my name* he has caused a bunch of problems for her"

Yeah...that's right...she is grounded and not allowed to talk to me because her and I have been talking and they don't like that. So if I seem like I'm not in a good mood every now and then here on AG (if I'm even on as much during this fiasco)...this is why.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Yeah...that's right...she is grounded and not allowed to talk to me because her and I have been talking and they don't like that. So if I seem like I'm not in a good mood every now and then here on AG (if I'm even on as much during this fiasco)...this is why

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/550214_373089099432983_1199032031_n.jpg
*hug*
Best advice: push it. Go up to her parents and ask why you cannot see their daughter. Tell them that you really appreciate her as a person. Tell them that you care for there daughter, ex, ex. Then, get her the hell on AG.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

How "relationships" work at my school: Get drunk, go to a frat basement, hook up with a stranger, remember nothing when you wake up, realize you had sex last night, awkwardly ignore your hook up for the rest of your life.

Repeat with a different person.

And the greatest taboo here is floorcest cuz awk.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

"*her name* is grounded I hope this isn't *my name* he has caused a bunch of problems for her"

*GASP*
They didn't use periods in their message! What horrible role models!

Honestly probably do what pickpocket said. Try talking to the parents. Also, I know that you like the girl a TON, but if the parents don't approve then you would not want her to suffer. If the parents are reasonable, then try to get them to understand you are a good guy. If not, at least try to ask them what you could do to earn their trust so you can be with her in the future.
skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

Hugs for all!

How "relationships" work at my school: Get drunk, go to a frat basement, hook up with a stranger, remember nothing when you wake up, realize you had *** last night, awkwardly ignore your hook up for the rest of your life.

Repeat with a different person.

I am disturbed to say the least.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Well, I still havent talk to the girl much. Anytime I have a shot I just get really nervous... *sigh* I can make any conversation light and entertaining, but not with a girl that I like. Its always been that way. -_-
Any confidence boosters you guys have?

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

So do you remember that girl Ace liked?
Well long story short, she hasn't talked to me since approximately when I told you. She blocked me from her phone and email.

Ace feels horrible.
I still don't know what to do.

When I lost her, I lost everyone basically.
Everyone I knew left me. All my friends and past. Nobody acknowledges me. I am not welcomed in my old town. In this town, I have nobody once again. I made no new friends.
Note: My definition of friend might be different than yours.
What you might call a friend, is what I call an acquaintance.
What you might call a best friend, is what I call a friend.

Just do it. (Copyright by [i]Nike).
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I had to look up that definition. I honestly thought it meant having sex on the floor. Didn't sound like much of a taboo to me.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Well I have heard alcohol usually works. But I think that is illegal.
What you might call a friend, is what I call an acquaintance.
What you might call a best friend, is what I call a friend.

I have lots of acquaintances but I also have lots of friends. Sucks that your life sucks. Cannot help you there though.
skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

I have lots of acquaintances but I also have lots of friends. Sucks that your life sucks. Cannot help you there though.

Nobody could, I think.

Showing 1591-1605 of 2106