ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506775
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

So she is both? That might be a big issue, I am not even sure how that would work out properly at all, since that kinda forms towards something that cannot become a relationship at all.
Wouldn't it, practically, just be a tight friendship?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

May need to sidenote that those labels aren't a black and white matter. She's not all the way out in the robotic end of either them (and effects of a sex change might end up playing in later, but likely for the worse).

But yeah, practically it might well just qualify as a "tight friendship". Which is why it's kinda problematic to have all these feels which is why I needed to air thoughts. :V

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Yeah Zophia, there really isn't much we can help you with. Have you tried to make plans to see each other? Like, one of you goes to the other? Face to face communication could help a little....

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I am waiting for her to see this thread and be all, da**** dude! Why?

Oh don't worry...she is already well aware =p

I'm in that awkward "middle stage" if you will.

Well...now we get you out of it! You said you have talked about school stuff? Continue with that....try to start up more conversations and use that topic as a way to do so. (Also...pay attention to what she says...obviously). Continue being friendly and then ask for her number (either just straight up..or if you are nervous...start up a conversation that you know you guys wouldn't be able to finish in time, maybe because you both would have to get to class...then use the fact that you need to finish the conversation as a way to get her number)
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

I just stopped my crush from committing suicide. Twice. and stopped her from cutting twice. she has cut before. no way for y'all to help but yeah. all of thiss anti-relationship s*** and i FINALLY open up myself to like someone and she tries to kill and hurt herself. and you guys were jealous of me.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

all of thiss anti-relationship s*** and i FINALLY open up myself to like someone and she tries to kill and hurt herself.

What was her reasoning for doing this? It wasn't because of you, was it?
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

oh no it wasnt. her parents. correction, her dad.

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

yes she is now receiving therapy so nobody freak out

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Sorry, too many quotes:

Ace,
I'm quite anti-social, yet have plenty of friends and aquaintences. What I believe I meant was, you don't have to be overly vocal. Just try to be friendly, find common ground with somone, and continue a conversation. It might take a while, but just give it a try.

Zophia,
Try telling her how you feel. It won't help anyone to retain your feelings.

idigit,
It's great that you're helping her out. Just support her however you can.

Pick,
Heck, you don't need any help. Go to a place with her that's hard to seperate, seemingly more intimate, if you will.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Santi, your profile is being a poop again. Its not that im ignoring you, its that I cant get on your page.

Pick,
Heck, you don't need any help. Go to a place with her that's hard to seperate, seemingly more intimate, if you will.

http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/memes-i-see-the-point.jpg
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Santi, your profile is being a poop again. Its not that im ignoring you, its that I cant get on your page

I feel as if that's been happening for a while. The one period where I'm able to get back on AG.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Santi, your profile is being a poop again. Its not that im ignoring you, its that I cant get on your page

I feel as if that's been happening for a while. The one period where I'm able to get back on AG

Email Justin, tell him about the problem. He will either fix the problem or completly erase the other santi so that this doesn't happen again. Either way, email Justin.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Oh hey, someone other than Cen responded to my blah.

Have you tried to make plans to see each other? Like, one of you goes to the other? Face to face communication could help a little....
If all goes well, I'll visit in January, actually.
Try telling her how you feel. It won't help anyone to retain your feelings.
She knooows. And has pretty much ever since there was anything to know.

I could elaborate on stuff, but the whole "man, I really need to get this off my chest" reason kind of got cleared out with the first post I made, so nyeh.

On a seemingly way more serious note,
yes she is now receiving therapy so nobody freak out

Oh deary. I hope she'll be alright. And you too, for that matter. That's got to be rough with someone you're close to going through that.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

@idigit - I..er...oh my O.o Well...hopefully all goes well with her. I would be way out of my field of studies (*hint - I'm not a doctor...so I gots none) to try and help with that

Email Justin, tell him about the problem. He will either fix the problem or completly erase the other santi so that this doesn't happen again. Either way, email Justin.

Don't be silly killersup..this is the Relationship thread...Santi_..what you really have to do is sit down with the other santi and talk things out...get the other santi to understand your side of things and maybe back off a little bit. If the other santi doesn't understand, then maybe it wasn't meant to be and you should consider breaking it off

---

pang update:

So saturday went amazing! Her and I are now officially together and I am extremely happy about it =)

Of course...I have been getting "so *insert my real name here*...how is your giiirrrrllllfffrrriiieeennddd?"..which makes me all "oh hush you *blush*"

So to wrap up...her parents love me now, her and I are officially together, and everyone we know think we are absolutely perfect for each other...life is good for pang
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Are you sure he will respond, I'm still a bit mentally scarred from the mass exodus of the summer of '12.

I could elaborate on stuff, but the whole "man, I really need to get this off my chest" reason kind of got cleared out with the first post I made, so nyeh.

Hope it works out.

Don't be silly killersup..this is the Relationship thread...Santi_..what you really have to do is sit down with the other santi and talk things out...get the other santi to understand your side of things and maybe back off a little bit. If the other santi doesn't understand, then maybe it wasn't meant to be and you should consider breaking it off

He or she has no bio, their comment section is closed, and they haven't been online for days.
I would compliment their amazing choice of name if I could ever talk to them though.

"oh hush you *blush*"

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj594/The-Santi/Ohstopityou.png
Showing 1621-1635 of 2106