ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506777
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Idigit: There is avery real chance you won't see her for the next six months or so. Suicide is illegal in the US, and those who attempt it are usually required to attend a psychiatric facility for treatment. Crappy food, clothes with no drawstrings, and isolation are in her future I'm afraid. But she'll be getting the help she needs, which is something to be thankful for I suppose.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I'm forever alone...
Asked a girl out to a dance and she said yes... Now shes dating someone else... :P

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Asked a girl out to a dance and she said yes... Now shes dating someone else... :P

How long have you known this girl?
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

Idigit: There is avery real chance you won't see her for the next six months or so. Suicide is illegal in the US, and those who attempt it are usually required to attend a psychiatric facility for treatment. Crappy food, clothes with no drawstrings, and isolation are in her future I'm afraid. But she'll be getting the help she needs, which is something to be thankful for I suppose.

First of all, thanks for the helpful optimism. second of all could you not of said that on my profile? this is a relationship thread, not a suicide thread(make one if you are so knowledgeable on suicide). third of all, no S*** sherlock. suicide is illegal. NO, YOU DONT SAY? Finally, i highly doubt that about the psychiatric ward thing and you talk as if you have personal experience, so why aren't you in a facility?. i have never heard of that before. and have never been told that in the many suicide assemblies my school has. especially because there are hundreds of thousands of suicides and suicide attempts each year and there just isn't a place to hold those people and they usually get therapy, go on medicine, or receive some other help. she is now on medication and is doing 100000000000% better.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Ace is back!
Boo! We were just having fun...
-_-

Okay, what shall I say about my life so far.
Well I talked to the girl. She said to do the things everyone else told me to do for making friends.

I can proudly say that it did not work. :O

It's as if everyone fits in and wants to keep their friend from 1st grade and not make new friends.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

First of all, thanks for the helpful optimism. second of all could you not of said that on my profile? this is a relationship thread, not a suicide thread(make one if you are so knowledgeable on suicide). third of all, no S*** sherlock. suicide is illegal. NO, YOU DONT SAY? Finally, i highly doubt that about the psychiatric ward thing and you talk as if you have personal experience, so why aren't you in a facility?. i have never heard of that before. and have never been told that in the many suicide assemblies my school has. especially because there are hundreds of thousands of suicides and suicide attempts each year and there just isn't a place to hold those people and they usually get therapy, go on medicine, or receive some other help. she is now on medication and is doing 100000000000% better.

This suggests you don't give a **** about his opinion. if you are going to be rude to us, we won't help you. Sound good?

It's as if everyone fits in and wants to keep their friend from 1st grade and not make new friends.

Well, there has to be some other new kids. Are you a freshmen? If so, there should be quite a few people in your position. Last year, I was the new kid. Based on the way I act with my friends, some people though I was here for a long long time. I sympathize with most of the new kids. As long as they aren't dooshes. So long story short, things might not be what they seem.

As for me, things are better. We feel more comfortable together. I had a little help from a friend who was close to her, but things are alright now. I think I'll be alright from here on.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

1) So...what? People just try to commit suicide and get slapped on the wrist with a firm "no. bad"? Keep in mind, trying to commit suicide =/= texting someone saying "I'm going to kill myself" (or, in other words, threatening suicide)

2) Is the medication really a good thing? Is SHE doing better...or is the medicated her doing better?

but things are alright now. I think I'll be alright from here on.

Sooo...you are goin to be giving us updates so we can cheer you on...right? =D
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

This suggests you don't give a **** about his opinion. if you are going to be rude to us, we won't help you. Sound good?

Also keep in mind that in my first post i said i didnt want help. I am on edge about the whole thing, do you not see or understand that?

Alas that is off topic.

New problem. So i have a friend(male) who wants to ask out this girl. The problem: she came to me to know how to put him down lightly. And he came to me for help on asking her out. Sho do i help and how?
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Sooo...you are goin to be giving us updates so we can cheer you on...right? =D

Erm... I guess I am now.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Ok so here is my problem.
I am in a group of friends.
I like 1 girl of this group and I got the strong idea she likes me to.
Should I ask her out or something.
Because if I do, I kind of divide our friend group for a while since it are 4 male's and 5 female's so if I screw up there will be people picking sides and I have seen it happen to a friend of mine before.
So. What to do.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

How long have you known this girl?

Since 1st grade lol... ^_^ She was in mah class...
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

I can proudly say that it did not work. :O

*sigh*
Yeah, it can take time. Maybe even a few years, but I guess it pays off.

Heck, i don't know myself. You really learn who are your friends, and who are just inconsiderate idiots. Ever more so when it happens with the better part of your "friends".
Eh, enough of me;

Erm... I guess I am now.

Moar problem solving with a hint of akwardness.

Since 1st grade lol... ^_^ She was in mah class...

If you've known someone for that long, and they don't harbor feelings for you, or treats you like that, it's probably not meant to be.
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

I just had a huge what-if revelation about this thread.

What if two users knew and liked each other in real life but didn't know it was them on here, came here for advice, and gave the each other advice :O.

yes or no that would be crazy, awkward when they found out, and hilarious?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

What if two users knew and liked each other in real life but didn't know it was them on here, came here for advice, and gave the each other advice :O.

I've actually wondered this myself haha Though the fact that most of us now are guys...that kind of takes away the fun possibility of that =/
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

First of all, thanks for the helpful optimism

No problem! Glad I could have been of assistance.
Showing 1636-1650 of 2106