ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506782
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

*sigh* For the sake of saving time, thats just not gonna happen. They wont even let me on the bus, let alone get off at a girls house.

Sorry. Just stop by her during lunch?

Coming from Mr. "Stalk her!", didnt see that one coming.
But cmon,you are in the same school for crying out loud. If you actually are friends, then you shouldnt have to go through all this trouble. A friend is someone who you could totally feel relaxed around. Find her last name, add her on facebook. I added my crush on my facebook and my pic isnt even of my face, so calm down. Then, get to know her. Who knows, maybe she will give you her number.

I'm not exactly popular. So it would be strange if I friend/give someone my number. They will suspect something. So will she. The chance of me being with her if the only people existed was my Lit. class would be high rather since there are only 4:13 or so boys to girls ratio.

I posted something on the Popular Media category that is a split between this thread and that category. It involves a relationship crisis kind of and i want to ask for your help. It is a thread called "Mix tapes" please help me out here. It is the same girl as i was talking about in the past month. I put it there because it fit more there, but couldve easily gone here.

Mix her some love songs that quickly turn into metal hatred! Try this!

No you aren't being an idiot. Your going good with just being friends with her.if you want to be better friends just try talking to her more and get to see what she likes and her interests to see what you guys can talk about. And to get her number just ask her for it. Try not to make it in a weird way where she would think you like her. It's kinda hard but I'm sure she will get it.

She did ask me if I had an iPhone since she probably was going to introduce me to this social app. But I didn't. Thank you Android. I like Android. Sorry off-topic.
Anyways, I have two classes with her and it is pretty hard to find an alone time I could talk to her. Maybe on the way we could talk. Also she is practically surrounded by her friends all the time. -.-

If she is smart then she will know that you are not hitting on her.
That you are friends and want her number. She probably will not ask anyway.

She is kind of flirtatious. Like someone who teases. We agree on some usual stuff. Me and this other girl in our one class. She laughs at my jokes (the first girl, but so does the second girl). I'm not sure if we are friends too much. I barely know her for 2 months...I used to think she was a stuck-up, until I realized she was actually nice.

Anyways, another update, today, I talked to this another girl. I helped her with Bio., since she needed help. She appreciated the help and asked what i wanted to be when I grew up. I told her I wanted to be a doctor....
The strange thing is...I told her my feelings and why I wanted to be a doctor, but I'm not even comfortable talking to my parents about that subject.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I helped her with Bio.

One does not simply need help with Bio, unless it is AP Bio. Then you would probably need help from time to time.

Just wondering Ace, do you talk to any guys at this school?
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

I feel that we agree that Ace gives some of the worst advice here. No offense, Ace. I mean a song that is called "I hate Everything About You"? that isnt helping.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

One does not simply need help with Bio, unless it is AP Bio. Then you would probably need help from time to time.

No one really needs help with AP Bio either. There's no thinking involved in its curriculum; everything can be learned through rote memorization. So regular biology or AP, that gurl wantz da D. Go hard in the paint with dat ****.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah, she was taking AP Bio which is pretty challenging.

Just wondering Ace, do you talk to any guys at this school?

Yeah sort of. Some of these people think I'm pretty cool which I find strange since usually nobody thought I was cool. Nevertheless, I am trying.

I feel that we agree that Ace gives some of the worst advice here. No offense, Ace. I mean a song that is called "I hate Everything About You"? that isnt helping.

You didn't exactly tell us she wouldn't have a sense of humor?

No one really needs help with AP Bio either. There's no thinking involved in its curriculum; everything can be learned through rote memorization. So regular biology or AP, that gurl wantz da D. Go hard in the paint with dat ****.

I laughed. Anyways, she needed explanation on the scientists that contributed to DNA replication. Which scientist did what and what it meant.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Yeah, she was taking AP Bio which is pretty challenging.

My sis took that class for fun. That is off topic though.

I really have nothing to add. If the thread gets boring I will post.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

My sis took that class for fun. That is off topic though.

I really have nothing to add. If the thread gets boring I will post.

I got a 100 on my Biology quiz. Pretty happy now. That is off topic too though.

So, idigit, here is are some better songs to mix into it. There Are Three Songs Listed Here!
But, truly you got to explain what genres she likes.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Sorry for the double post, but this is kind of urgent, I believe.

You know that girl. Not the one that I was trying to get the number, or the AP Biology girl. If you can look back/remember it, that one girl I liked, but it seemed like she grew up. We were really good friends and everything, but now I just don't get it....What did I do wrong? -_-

So I once asked her why she kept dropping the conversation.
She replies with that u don't feel like talking.
But then, I reply I feel like talking, but it just seems like you are ignoring me.
She replies, that is what she meant and the u is supposed to be next to the I.
I reply being confused asking what she means.
She replies in caps that she doesn't want to talk to me.

I get it though, when she replied u don't want to talk. She meant the u is next to the I which means she doesn't want to talk.

I feel like just flipping out and trashing her since she is getting pretty annoying, but above all...she hurt my feelings.Ace does have feelings.

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

But, truly you got to explain what genres she likes.

I'll give some people she likes. mumford and sons, beatles, lana del ray, the smiths, those people and others like them that i cant remember off the top of my head.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

You know that girl. Not the one that I was trying to get the number, or the AP Biology girl. If you can look back/remember it, that one girl I liked, but it seemed like she grew up. We were really good friends and everything, but now I just don't get it....What did I do wrong?

How many girls are you trying to get at? **** *****.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

How many girls are you trying to get at? **** *****.

I'm trying to get friends. Just friends. Not FwB, just friends. Haha.

I mean, boys and girls can be friends without there being anything between them, right?
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I mean, boys and girls can be friends without there being anything between them, right?

It's not easy. You'd have to look past gender, but you've already categorized. I mean, does it matter whether your friends are boys and girls? Even if you're one to value diversity, shouldn't diversity of thought be more important?

For most, there's bound to be some innate form of physical attraction when they're friends with the opposite gender. For reference, check this video out.

I haven't read through all of your posts, but I had related problem in trying to befriend a girl this past term. We were floormates (she moved out of the building for unrelated reasons), and we had a course together. Large class of around 140 people. One day, a few weeks into the term, she randomly decided to sit next to me, even though we had barely talked to each other before that. Afterwards, it became a common thing. I started sitting around the same area, and she'd somehow recognize me and take the seat next to me if it were open. This girl is pretty attractive, so I actually wanted to make a move. But I was also afraid that, successful or not, it'd ruin our "friendship."

But anyway, back to your question: Do you think you'd want to befriend a girl that you didn't hold some physical attraction towards? And even if by some spontaneous event, you were to form a friendship with that kind of girl (perhaps by common interests), wouldn't you eventually become attracted to her? I can't say these are fully rhetorical questions though. Maybe you think differently than I do. But based on that video, that seems to be the way a good deal of men think. It's harsh, but I consider most of the girls I've associated with as either acquaintances or people I wanna hook up with. Occasionally, a girl comes along who I actually want to make a relationship out of, but those are rare. The people whom I hang out with most are guys, and I think that will always hold true (besides girlfriend/wife).
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

For reference, check this video out.

Wow. So...I guess not. I feel stupid, but seriously I get it. There could be a chance that one of them falls in love with the other.

Answers to your questions (in order):
No.
Yes.

But I mean isn't it good to have friends? Since you never know truly.

I now understand why Daleks asked me that question about me having any guy friends.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

OMG, Ace posted a Lady A song!
*Starts flipping out for no good reason*

I feel like just flipping out and trashing her since she is getting pretty annoying, but above all...she hurt my feelings.Ace does have feelings.

Ace does have feelings, but that doesn't mean you can just go and hurt someone else's feelings.
Not FwB, just friends.

But FwB would be beneficial. Lol, I made a bad joke.
For reference, check this video out.

Don't listen to that BS. I have plenty of girl friends that I am just friends with.
But I mean isn't it good to have friends?

Yes, if you don't have friends then you are probably sad most of the time.
I now understand why Daleks asked me that question about me having any guy friends.

I was just wondering. You should have friends from both genders.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Don't listen to that BS. I have plenty of girl friends that I am just friends with.

I was just wondering. You should have friends from both genders.

I commend you for not harboring feelings for your girl friends, but I think the rationale that the video is trying to convey is reasonable. Ace can decide for himself whether or not it holds true for himself. However, actively trying to make friends with girls because they're girls probably isn't the best idea. Not sure if that's his intent, but it's something to keep in mind if you want to create meaningful friendships. I wouldn't think poorly of a person who only has friends of the same sex or even of a person who only has friends of the same race.
Showing 1666-1680 of 2106