ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506888
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

iin your opinion is a first trip to the cinema with a girl who you have been close friends with all your life. a date?

Not unless it's supposed to be.
I went to the cinema with a girl who i've known for about 6 years for the first time the other week. It wasn't a date as i have a girlfriend, we were just hanging out. It's better to get clarification in case you make a fool out of yourself.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

If you're having problems, you should explain them too her and explain that is the reason you're acting mean etc. She should understand if you're going through a lot.

Well she is aware of my problems because one big problem for me is that we lost a very good friend a month ago.

Although i'd also try to work on cutting that out, you don't want to be mean and fighting random people for no reason, you'll get a big bully title attached to you.

Well I don't think people will call me names for multiple reasons. And then again most people understand why I hate those people.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Well then she should understand. Even with problems though, being mean to random people isn't a good trait.

brp47
brp47
580 posts
Peasant

What I mean by that is that if u and ur friends were going and u invited her too they no. If u r going by urself, just u two then yes
was just us 2, and we are both single jeff.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Yes, but the problem is that you guys are friends, so the interpretation is left open. You might see it as a date and she might not. It's better to find out so that things don't get awkward and you don't lose a great friend.

brp47
brp47
580 posts
Peasant

oh i don't see it as a date, but i'm worried she might. so i don't want to seem heartless

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Hmm, well just be extremely friendly on the date, make it clear that there's nothing there.

TreyWest
TreyWest
5 posts
Nomad

hah, a site full of gamers, of course they have relationship problems

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

hah, a site full of gamers, of course they have relationship problems

This joke has been made before. Also, i'm on a gaming site and i have a pretty close to perfect relationship, fyi.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Hmm, well just be extremely friendly on the date, make it clear that there's nothing there.

I would recommend treating her the same as you would if she was one of your guy friends. If you can pull this off, you might be able to preserve your friendship without giving her any extraneous ideas.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Well not exactly like one of ur guy friend but yeah that the general idea. Unless of corse she thinks it's a date cauz then she will be mad cauz u didn't make her feel so special on the date or whatever u dicided to call it.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

People who frequent on the relationship thread,
Those who know me know i'm more an advice give than seeker. But boy have the tables turned.

Those who i talk to on here know my sexuality, and know that i have been with my girlfriend for a long time, we're due to move in together and start our future. I was supposed to start making arrangements to move to England where she lives (It's only an hour flight, so we've handled long distance pretty great until now)

She came to visit me last week (hence me being offline) and things were alright. Not as great as they could have been as we are trying to save out money. Yesterday she tells me her heads a mess and she doesn't know if she can be with me. Today i get the "It's over."

She has explained that she's not in the right place right now and in time things might change. There's no bitterness at all. We were best friends before and we'll continue to be best friends.

The break up however is totally one sided, and i guess i don't know how to deal with it. Do i wait around and hope she changes her mind when things get better for her? Or do i give up and do the typical ice cream and rom coms, not changing out of my PJS for a week?

I'm afraid of living in false hope, but i'm even more afraid of letting go.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Oh um... well this is uh, it's kind of tricky. Usally when I give advice I place myself in the other persons shoe so... ok. What I would do is I would be her best friend like before you guys went out. Do best friend stuff. I would continue it until you saved more money and wait until she felt better about what was bothering her. And I might even ask her what was bothering her. And... well so far that's all I got. What do you think good or bad?

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Well at first. I am really sorry for you.
Second. I think you should stay best friends and not push it.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Dair, it's sadly not a case of a specific thing being wrong. It's being in a wrong place mentally, emotionally.

We've talked a bit today, and i've agreed to give her space and time to figure things out. We'll remain friends just like normal, however that tension is there. It's hard just to act like friends this fresh after a break up with the person you were planning on getting engaged to.

What will be will be, i guess.

Showing 421-435 of 2106