ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506844
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

well then, that FAILED. just dont read it, i give up (crying)

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Yeah, you messed that up.

Just to clear things up, I didn't write:

LOL AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa poor Santi, stuck with your life problems.
alright...
the realationship problem... i have that too, you see my mom dont want me dating till im in 9th grade, and in fith grade ya know what i say

That was somone else.
Thanks wakyswag.
JK
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

how would killersup impress a girl that likes girly sports,tall blonde,braces,lots of friends,good person,hot,and ummm what else to say ummm.like impressing a girl in thee overall.might also help if a girl posts so as to get their oppinion

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

might also help if a girl posts so as to get their oppinion

Oh...
I see what you mean by that. I can take a hint.
*Walks away in exasperation*
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

how would killersup impress a girl that likes girly sports,tall blonde,braces,lots of friends,good person,hot,and ummm what else to say ummm.

Have you gathered any information yet as to how she might feel about you?

Or are you just trying to impress her because she's hot?
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Or are you just trying to impress her because she's hot?

Not to stereotype killersup, but, let's just go with that.
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

well, can I just say thank you to all the people who helped me out with starting my relationship? we've just celebrated 3 months, and we're very happy. i have one problem though...

this summer, my girlfriend is leaving for 4 weeks, and then before she gets back, i'll be leaving for 3 weeks. in total we will not see each other for 41 days. on top of that, we will not be able to have any cell phone or electronic contact, and only writing for the first 3 1/2 weeks. i am stressing out over this, because i just worry! i know that i'm probably being irrational, but i'm not sure how to handle this.

i know this seems confusing, but any help you can give me will be much appreciated.

Kevbo
Kevbo
14 posts
Nomad

Remember snail mail? Use it, and put effort into it. It isn't like texting; put some time and passion into your writing, give her something to sustain her feelings over the absence of having you available to see/talk to. Trust me, I kept up an extremely long-distance relationship years ago in a similar fashion. All the texts, cam chats and phone calls in the world are no substitute for the creativity and passion you can put into a nice, long letter.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

how would killersup impress a girl that likes girly sports,tall blonde,braces,lots of friends,good person,hot,and ummm what else to say ummm.like impressing a girl in thee overall.might also help if a girl posts so as to get their oppinion

Is this a completely different girl you posted about a few pages ago? Because to be brutally honest, you're like a rat jumping from a sinking ship.

If it goes around the grapevine that you'll end up fancing a different girl every week, then that'll make it harder for you to get a girlfriend in the long run. If you're known to change your views on such matters, than a girl may reason 'Whats to stop him from ditching me later on for someone else'?

Because girls talk about things, and they remember things. And you want them to remember good things, not bad things.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

If it goes around the grapevine that you'll end up fancing a different girl every week, then that'll make it harder for you to get a girlfriend in the long run. If you're known to change your views on such matters, than a girl may reason 'Whats to stop him from ditching me later on for someone else'?
Because girls talk about things, and they remember things. And you want them to remember good things, not bad things.

killersup ain't like that(it sounds like it though)
just kinda trying to do what other people do(bad choice)
if they turn ya down then move on.....

nevermind.....
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

Remember snail mail? Use it, and put effort into it. It isn't like texting; put some time and passion into your writing, give her something to sustain her feelings over the absence of having you available to see/talk to. Trust me, I kept up an extremely long-distance relationship years ago in a similar fashion. All the texts, cam chats and phone calls in the world are no substitute for the creativity and passion you can put into a nice, long letter.

Yeah, and I plan to do this for the first half, but then what about the second half when I can't have any contact with her at all?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Yeah, and I plan to do this for the first half, but then what about the second half when I can't have any contact with her at all?

You can't do anything about the communications part. Use it to prepare something nice for her. Write her a poem in between, start a diary/online journal to spill your emotions into. Absence makes the heart grow fonder after all.
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I have a general relationship problem, so I came here. You see, I'm not very "social" I'd like to be, I'm just... Not really sure how. I'm confused, I mean, I have friends. But generally I'm not a social person. What do social people do?

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I have a general relationship problem, so I came here. You see, I'm not very "social" I'd like to be, I'm just... Not really sure how. I'm confused, I mean, I have friends. But generally I'm not a social person. What do social people do?

Do you mean like in general? Or how to "act" social?

In general: Cinema, game together, go shopping etc.
How to be: Be confident when speaking, make jokes, etc
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

How to be: Be confident when speaking, make jokes, etc

This one. I can do this around friends, because I don't try to impress my friends. But I could not impress someone if my life depended on it. I always end up embarassing myself by being unimpressive, shy, or when I get lucky and do somethimg impressive, no one is around to see it.
Showing 796-810 of 2106