ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506828
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Another purge to the wonderful relationship thread.

So, a few pages back, i was worried about going to stay with my Ex-girlfriend and how much i loved her blahblahblah.

I've just cancelled my trip to see her because she's just admitted that the entire time we were together she was cheating on me, with multiple people. To make it worse, she's acting like it's perfectly fine because it was only everything but sex, and that she genuinely thought i would be okay with it. Now i know she kissed a girl once and i freaked out but forgave her - she's now saying that at the beginning of the relationship i said it was cool for her to see other people: If that was true, why would i freak out about the one time i knew about?

So i've cancelled. I'm not giving her the time of day, and that's it.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

I've just cancelled my trip to see her because she's just admitted that the entire time we were together she was cheating on me, with multiple people. To make it worse, she's acting like it's perfectly fine because it was only everything but sex, and that she genuinely thought i would be okay with it. Now i know she kissed a girl once and i freaked out but forgave her - she's now saying that at the beginning of the relationship i said it was cool for her to see other people: If that was true, why would i freak out about the one time i knew about?

So i've cancelled. I'm not giving her the time of day, and that's it.

I'm honestly very sorry. There is no worse feeling in the world than being cheated on, I know from firsthand account. I hope that you're able to move on from this.
chessmaster102
chessmaster102
656 posts
Peasant

I need a translation from girl language...

For starters, my girlfriend just broke up with me. I dont know why. It just happened. She is having some personal issues in her life and it seems to get worse every moment.

Secondly, this is what i need translated:

"So I just think that I need to be alone right now while I work through this. It isn't really anything you did, but I just need to figure things out on my own right now."

I have no clue what this means in girl language and dont know what to do. Please help if you can. And if this matters, I am currently in highschool.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I have no clue what this means in girl language

Don't worry man, it most likely means exactly what she said without subtext.

dont know what to do

Give her space, but make sure you offer support as a friend if she ever needs help. I'm sure she'll appreciate that.

I'm sure you'll find out why she broke up with you eventually, so don't pressure her for answers. Just give her time to work things out, as she said.

Good luck Chessy, keep us posted.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

I need a translation from girl language...

For starters, my girlfriend just broke up with me. I dont know why. It just happened. She is having some personal issues in her life and it seems to get worse every moment.

Secondly, this is what i need translated:

"So I just think that I need to be alone right now while I work through this. It isn't really anything you did, but I just need to figure things out on my own right now."

I have no clue what this means in girl language and dont know what to do. Please help if you can. And if this matters, I am currently in highschool.

No need to fear, my friend, Dr. Pyro is in the building! haha, but seriously, I've been through hell and back with relationships, so I'ma keep updated in this thread. Anyways...

Did you ask why? or did you do anything that could have set her off? I don't know how you guys got along, but judging on the average high school relationship, if she just broke up with you out of the blue, it could be something very bad going on in her life. If she needs to be alone to figure out problems, then that means that you may be pestering her with something. The best thing for you to do is tell her this:
"I still have feelings for you, and I'm here for you if you ever need to talk anything out. I'll always be here. I don't appreciate what you did, but I understand it. If you want to get into a relationship again, then I'll be right there, but I'm not going to wait around for you."

If you need more help man, send me a message and we'll work something out for an actual conversation.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

In girl language this means:

If she has been having person problems that keep getting worse, chances are she genuinely just needs to be alone to get through them. From personal experience, us girls aren't all crazy, sometimes we just need to do what's best by us, same as you dudes. Having personal problems and trying to have a relationship is tricky because the person wants to be involved in your mess, and you want to keep that part of your life separate so that you have something to enjoy but that balance is so hard, and the pressures of a relationship can make personal problems a lot more stressful.

Give her time, try be her friend if she's going through stuff, let he work it out.
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

Chess, you just need to be her friend right now. If she's sad about something, or worried about something in her life, just be there. Because she didn't break up with you necessarily because you did something, there is a good chance you might get her back after she is through with whatever problem she's facing.

On a side note, my girlfriend and I, whom I got with some help from this thread, are celebrating 5 months together soon! Thanks yet again for all your help!

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

On a side note, my girlfriend and I, whom I got with some help from this thread, are celebrating 5 months together soon! Thanks yet again for all your help!

Congratulations Zakyman.
chessmaster102
chessmaster102
656 posts
Peasant

Congratz zakyman

Im starting to doubt that we will get together again any time soon...

Shes flirting with her X now and seems to spend a lot of time with him. Who knows what shes going through right now cause she told me, "I hate his guts".

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Don't even bother with her then. Move on if she's going to try and play you like that.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

well, i have a small problem...and i don't want to mess anything up, so i'd like some help.

basically, i feel that whenever my girlfriend and i are around in more of a group setting, she'd rather be with friends she sees more often, than be with me. Like, i'm open to socializing and stuff, but when we're eating dinner in a group, she'll randomly stand up and go sit on one of her friend's lap :/ i've tried talking her about this, but she says that it's just part of her bubbly nature and that we'd get funny looks if she sat on my lap. any thoughts?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

She's behaving the way she normally would around her friends. Believe it or not, that's a good sign. It shows she's comfortable enough with you to not feel the need to limit her behavior around you.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Simple. You go and sit on her lap :P
But really, I know how you feel. It's sorta akward and such. But it not that big of a deal. As long as she still does talk with you, theirs no problem. You have no problem unless she doesn't say much to you. Then she may not like you, but doesn't want to break up yet. But that doesn't seem to be the case. You could try and bring her with you and your friends somewhere just to see how she reacts to it, but this also could be a death sentence. But really though, she has other friends than you, the same way you have other friends than her. No problem.

Abd I have my own sorta problems. So a while back I was complaining about being "friend zoned". Well keep in mind that this is the same girl I am talking about. Alright so up until recently we have been becoming real good friends. We would stop and talk to each other in the hallways and help each other on homework ex. But in one class, we were put into groups of 4. The girl, her best friend and me were in the same group. At first I thought this was great and things were going great for a while, and I was close to asking her out. But then somehow in my group her best friend was constantly accusing me of not doing any work, even though I was. This naturally got me pretty pissed off after the 10th time of hearing, "what are you doing? Nothing, that's what". So said best friend now hates me, even though we were friends before. Now, the girl I like just doesn't seem to like me anymore. She doesn't sit with me in the class where she doesn't have to and we don't really talk anymore. Honestly it's been ruining me. Now I fear 2 things...
1. For our groups, our class mates grade our participation. I fear that because of this other girl I will get a bad grade, but nothing u guys can really do about that.
2. I also fear that I lost everything with the girl I like. I honestly don't know what to think, I'm shocked really. That's how good things where before....
So I would like to apologize to the girl I like for somehow bothering her, but I don't know how. So yeah.... Any advice?

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

@zakyman... You're overthinking things. If it's a girl and she's sitting on another girl's lap, it's fine. If it's a guy, I would be worried. I would tell her that it does bug you a little though, just to let her know.

@pickpocket... I would have to be in the group, but do you perhaps think that you may have contributed slightly less than others? It would be very strange of her to accuse you of not doing anything unless it had a factual basis. Second off, I would just talk to your love interest about it, and see what she thinks.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Well at times I did space out every once and a while, so that's the factual basis. Yeah I do want to talk about it but honestly I don't know what to say.... I will try and think of something today...

Showing 901-915 of 2106