ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506811
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

One year and 10 month. I always do, or give her something little each time we hit another month.
Same here. It also gives me an excuse to see my girlfriend.

wise man you ARE
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

Hey i got a question. So earlier i asked for advise for a girl i took that advise and now we know each other pretty well and ima ask her out now
should i be causal and just say hey, would you like to go to a movie/diner
or should i approach her in a more thoughtful romantic way?

Just wondering if i could get some ideas that would be great

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

Yes. You'll scare her if you seem too interested in her on your first date...
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Also, how did she breakup with you?

Sorry I didn't see you posted that. Anyway, I was the one who broke up with her and I was regretful.

She's been trying to talk to me every once in a while but doesn't seem to understand what I feel.

Yeah, don't seem too over confident. Good girls always like a guy whose kind of shy on their first date, but they also like guys who are kind of aggressive every once in a while. It depends on the type of girl she is.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

@Toemas: Just be yourself. ask her to a movie or coffee or something. Pretty much say "do you wanna hang out sometime?"

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

thx bro now im not so lost xD

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

okay well Killersup and this one girl have been talking about dating.Killersup has told her that he likes her and she told him that she likes him back,and Killersup and her talk to each other alot.And Killersup found somthing out today,her grandparents are big time millionairs.....

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

Killersup has told her that he likes her and she told him that she likes him back,and Killersup and her talk to each other alot

You should date her. If you both have feelings for each other, there would be no harm in dating...unless she values you too much as a friend to possibly crush your soul when you two split (if you split). How old are you by the way?

And Killersup found somthing out today,her grandparents are big time millionairs.....

Irrelevant. Unless you're a 20-25 year old looking for someone to marry, you shouldn't worry about how much money she or her family has. Date someone who you like, and who will make you happy. Not someone who's just rich.
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

@killsup mary this girl/become very VERY good friends with her and her grandparents xD jk if ya like her i would date her dont be Persuaded by the money

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

/disagree

with what? please explain further...

ok, now for my own problem...

my gf and i have been separated (by distance) for about 3 1/2 weeks now. we will hopefully reunite (see each other) by two weeks from sunday. i'm having a hard time coping now, even though i've been ok for the past few weeks. i cannot get any contact with her until this sunday, and even then it will only be email. what can i do to help cope? thanks...
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

slipsoccer, how are you doing? also, if she keeps trying to talk to you, a good way to get a message across is a very small, controlled "blowup" where you basically rant about your feelings about her (positive and negative) until she either breaks down or you run out of things to say. after that...just go along with what you feel is right.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

How old are you by the way?

Killersup is 13 and she is 15.....Killersup and her talked about it and when They went to per parents she would say he was 14 and when Killersup tells his parents he will say she is 14.....Just to close the gap.
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

Killersup is 13 and she is 15.....Killersup and her talked about it and when They went to per parents she would say he was 14 and when Killersup tells his parents he will say she is 14.....Just to close the gap.

Ok. Since you're obviously too young to marry, I suggest you disregard any family wealth that the girl has...
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

slipsoccer, how are you doing?

I've been doing better now, thanks for asking.

She seems to be messing aroud with my feelings becasue she texts me one day saying how much she misses and I tell her I miss her too and she goes bipolar on me and says we're better off alone? She's done this 3 times already and I can't stand it, so everytime she texts me now I ignore it.
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

She seems to be messing aroud with my feelings becasue she texts me one day saying how much she misses and I tell her I miss her too and she goes bipolar on me and says we're better off alone? She's done this 3 times already and I can't stand it, so everytime she texts me now I ignore

Again...try the blowup. It has satisfying results
Showing 1021-1035 of 2106