ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506812
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

If I folded dollar bills into hearts...would that be just over the top?

I'm not a girl as far as I know, but even if she finds the heart part ridiculous which she probably won't, she'll appreciate the effort you put into it!
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

My girlfriend said "I feel like you like me a lot more than I like you. I don't feel that's fair. I think we should take things down a few steps because I want to work this out by having more of a friendship rather than being romantic with each other. I love you but I'm not in love with you. I think that will make me feel a lot better and help us. I'm not saying break up, More dating and friendship. I still want this but I just want to be closer as friends instead. Like talking more about life instead of 'I love you.' I don't want to say I love you as much because then it loses meaning And I want to be more like friends because I feel like we skipped that part. I'm not saying it's over. I just want to be a teen and this is how I feel I can have that without ending it."
I'm not sure how to feel about this. I mean I'm happy we're still together and all, but I'm sad that she feels like she has to distance herself from me. I just need some advice on how to be more of "friends" while still in a relationship. I've never had this happen before. I don't know what to think or do, or how to feel. Is it over? is it not? I don't know

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Well it happened. I'm no longer in a relationship.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

sorry

how long had the two of you been together?

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

6.5 months

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

how are you taking it? you ok?

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Not really. I'm sad, I never wanted to lose her

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

have you broken off all contact with her? or are you just "being friends?"

depending on your answer, i'll have more advice

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

6.5 months

You'll be fine. I just broke up with my girlfriend that i've been with for a year and 10 months and for the dumbest reason ever. I guess people really do change.
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

You'll be fine. I just broke up with my girlfriend that i've been with for a year and 10 months and for the dumbest reason ever. I guess people really do change.

What happened? Why did you two break up (if you want to tell)? 1 year and 10 months is a long time...
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

What happened? Why did you two break up (if you want to tell)? 1 year and 10 months is a long time...

It's a long story. For our anniversary I treated her like a queen. I brought her Starbucks after her practice, took her out, and let her sit on my bike while I pushed her all the way home which was like 2 miles away.

Two days later I had another dream about that same guy I told you guys about a few pages back, I told her about it and all she said was "I'll talk to you later it's not the same anymore." She ignored me for 2 days straight and told me she was going to a party with her friends. So I told her what I was doing wrong and she said i'm not sweet anymore, that i'm a different guy and i'm getting boring.

I was so pissed she said that after what I did for her, so I just ended things because I could be with some other girl who actually loves the little things I do for her. It still hurts though because I was with her for so long.
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

For our anniversary I treated her like a queen. I brought her Starbucks after her practice, took her out, and let her sit on my bike while I pushed her all the way home which was like 2 miles away.

One year anniversary? Or one year 10 month?

Other than that, I think that she was just BSing you. I'm sorry about your break up. I'm sure that you'll be able to find someone else, cause you sound like a pretty nice guy. Hope you do find someone who appreciates the little things.

It still hurts though because I was with her for so long.

Wait a few weeks. By the end of July, I promise that you'll be thinking about her less and less.
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

One year anniversary? Or one year 10 month?

One year and 10 month. I always do, or give her something little each time we hit another month.

Hope you do find someone who appreciates the little things.

Thanks, so do I.

Wait a few weeks. By the end of July, I promise that you'll be thinking about her less and less

I hope so, my birthday is coming up and I was really hoping I was going to do something with her -.-
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

One year and 10 month. I always do, or give her something little each time we hit another month.

Same here. It also gives me an excuse to see my girlfriend.

I hope so, my birthday is coming up and I was really hoping I was going to do something with her -.-

Spend some time with friends. Go see a movie. Have a sleepover after. Do something fun. I've noticed since my girlfriend was at camp that I've had more time to do stuff with friends, and I've taken advantage of that time. Also, how did she breakup with you? Was she nice about it and did she sorta seem regretful? Or did she just say that you weren't her type and she didn't want to date anymore? It can make a HUGE difference between getting over a breakup quickly, or just suffering.
xeden
xeden
250 posts
Nomad

If you save all the money you were going to spend on women and alchohol, you'd be rich by the time your 25...

Showing 1006-1020 of 2106