ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506761
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Just to let a few of yous say "I told you so"

Did I say that it wouldn't work? Eh, I had a feeling it would end.

And we can just wait until zakyman posts again and not speculate randomly.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

See Ace, I can be nice to the new kids.

http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/Since+when+did+the+word+quot+want+quot+have+an+apostrophe+_68e1d438d7cf83228345365d6712fe75.jpg

new kids.

Kids means a young goat.

http://crossfittribe.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/funny-pictures-goat-gives-peace-sign_max600.jpg

Also I can't say I told you so since I didn't tell you so.
But it's fine you can cry on Pickpocket's shoulder.

Anyways, has anyone ever been used in a relationship? As in it was a gigantic joke and the girl/guy was just telling lies after lies to you and you believed it?
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

But it's fine you can cry on Pickpocket's shoulder

...I told her so
Anyways, has anyone ever been used in a relationship? As in it was a gigantic joke and the girl/guy was just telling lies after lies to you and you believed it?

No. Why? What did you do little boy?
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

No. Why? What did you do little boy?

Not me, I feel like I had been once.

Funny Junk hates sharing I guess...? (Pic for Pickpocket).
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Funny Junk hates sharing I guess...? (Pic for Pickpocket).

Don't follow....
Not me, I feel like I had been once.

Well, no one else is posting much. Continue then.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Well, no one else is posting much. Continue then.

Well this girl, I really liked her and everything.
Except she kept saying she will suicide because she has nothing to live for. She did this twice to me.

So two evenings have been ruined with my bawling out my eyes and trying to text her through the tears to not kill herself. (I didn't know of the Suicide Hotline back then).

Anyways, I then later in life, when we break up, I figure out that had been telling me lies all this time.

She wasn't going to kill herself twice when I was dieing because she acted like it.

I felt like crap. -_- I haven't talked to her ever since I guess.

These kinds of things give me trouble sleeping at night. They make me lay awake feeling sorry.

But why do I feel sorry for her?

I have no idea!

I am too much a of nice guy.
Too over-sensitive about things like that.

So, I was thinking, I need to get less sensitive/stronger. How would I do that?

All I wanted to be friends...but I get rejected like that. It's awful.

How do I solve this?

Wow I have problems?^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's as if I don't believe in love anymore. I got my heart crushed at such a young age by my own friends; people I weren't dating and things like that. Being single can be the time of your life sometimes I have heard.

I can do things I couldn't do?

No I am not talking about getting drunk/wasted.
I'm talking about the limitless possibilities I could be doing instead of having a gf/wife.

+ I save wedding bills.
+ I save other kinds of bills-shopping/utilities.
+ I can devote my time to reading.
+ I can further my career.

So come on everybody? Everybody that plans on getting married/is married, where's the bad thing about getting married?

+ I can solve loneliness with pets.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

*slaps ace* Suck it up! Your not gonna be a creep with 1000 of pets who smells like a portapoty. Calm down , be cool, don't rush it.

Anyways, I then later in life, when we break up, I figure out that had been telling me lies all this time.

Honestly I can't help laugh at this. Why? Well you where the one who wanted to use similar lies too.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Yeah, it's a part of life.

It's as if I don't believe in love anymore. I got my heart crushed at such a young age by my own friends; people I weren't dating and things like that. Being single can be the time of your life sometimes I have heard.

Taking into consideration, the average first &quotroper" relationship will be around the age of fourteen, you haven't experienced that much with girls. I know it feels like a lot, but wait a few years, this stuff won't matter as much.

I'm talking about the limitless possibilities I could be doing instead of having a gf/wife.

Similar to the above point, you're too young to think you know what will be right for you relationship wise in ten years.

Just relax and enjoy life. If you happen to fall for someone or end up with someone, go with it. If you don't, you don't. Don't set out on planning on not being with anyone, that's a little silly and immature.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

*slaps ace* Suck it up! Your not gonna be a creep with 1000 of pets who smells like a portapoty. Calm down , be cool, don't rush it.

I was gonna stop at 999...

Honestly I can't help laugh at this. Why? Well you where the one who wanted to use similar lies too.

You see now how/why I got the idea then?

Yeah, it's a part of life.

Life's part of life.

Taking into consideration, the average first &quotroper" relationship will be around the age of fourteen, you haven't experienced that much with girls. I know it feels like a lot, but wait a few years, this stuff won't matter as much.

That's why I was thinking I should stop. Stop treating them differently and act as if they were guys. (I know I can't tell most of them perverted jokes and stuff).
It'll help with my self-confidence.
Face it Ace! You're pathetic and will never get a GF! So cut the crap out and do your school work and get on with your life.
Then I start believing no girl would ever want me so I then don't go idiotic and post a gigantic post in the General Relationship Thread later on in life.

I realized something else...I can't go into the carpool lane though...
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Just so you know guys, Cristina responded so I know have her phone number.

And what is so bad about being single Ace? You can live a happy life without ever getting married.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

He wont. He most likely knows his parents wont take him seriously.

Correct...but now it's a nonissue :/ im ungrounded, but i feel like they're trying to control me
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Correct...but now it's a nonissue :/ im ungrounded, but i feel like they're trying to control me

That's kinda normal. That's just average teen bull crap.
Ace, just chill. It's no big deal, it WILL happen. The best advice I can give you is talk. Just talk with all sorts of people. Guys, girls, everyone. This will help your self confidence and social skills.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

And what is so bad about being single Ace? You can live a happy life without ever getting married.

Nothing. That's what I have been trying to say. I do apologize if it isn't.
I'm happy being single. I don't have to deal with the responsibilities of being a boyfriend.

Ace, just chill. It's no big deal, it WILL happen. The best advice I can give you is talk. Just talk with all sorts of people. Guys, girls, everyone. This will help your self confidence and social skills.

I fail at social skills. I can't even talk to guys that I know are better than me.
As in cooler than me.
It's just that I have a low self-esteem that is being hidden by the internet.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I fail at social skills. I can't even talk to guys that I know are better than me.
As in cooler than me.
It's just that I have a low self-esteem that is being hidden by the internet.

I used to be like that. Then I thought that since I am such an interesting and fun person on ag, that I would try to bring that side out more. It's working
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Well we are all talking to random people on the Internet instead of people we know...

Anyway, I am not anti-social or anything, just intraverted. I prefer to do things by myself. I am just naturally a shy person, I was shy when I was first on AG! Anyway, I have close friends and then just people I will talk to in classes.

Showing 1366-1380 of 2106