The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernDiscussion regarding the two "World Wars"

54 6425
sovietnazikilla
sovietnazikilla
11 posts
Nomad

axis or allies? Wich side would you choose? Or if any WWII experts like me wanna talk about it or if you just wanna talk abou your ancestors and if you wanna ask me questions im happy to.

• 54 Replies
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

I would pick axis they have better teams and their conscription is useful.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

allis like the tanks better in 1917
and its fun to beat up on germans!
no im just kiding i have nothing against germans, nothing at all! lol

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

What would be the purpose of deciding which side you would choose, knowing full well that the Germans lost both world wars. I find it unfortunate we villianize Germany for the first world war, in truth they were merely pulled in to help protect their allies.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Also, World War II did not last from 1917 to 1944. The US entered world war II on December 8th 1941. WWII ended on September 2nd 1945. The US entered WW1 on April 6th 1917 and remained in the war until the Armistice on November 11th 1918. This is about the flash game.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Allies, because I don't like Nazi's... they're not cool.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

What would be the purpose of deciding which side you would choose, knowing full well that the Germans lost both world wars. I find it unfortunate we villianize Germany for the first world war, in truth they were merely pulled in to help protect their allies.

To quote Captain Price from MW2:

"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives and we die, his truth becomes written-and ours is lost. Shepherd will a hero. 'Cause all you need to change the world is one good lie and a river of blood. He's about to complete the greatest trick a liar ever played on history... But only if he lives, and we die."

Or if any WWII experts like me wanna talk about it or if you just wanna talk abou your ancestors and if you wanna ask me questions im happy to.

Based on that (And not the title like some people cant read an OP and think a little bit...), Id say this thread is about axis or allies and which was better/general WW2 discussion.

I really liked the German military technology for WW2. It was superior in many ways, with only a few downfalls (like the standard issue infantry rifle, the Kar98k, being bolt action). A lone Panzer III/IV could beat a Sherman or any other earlier Allied tank any day, and I think if the war was more even as far as supplies and manpower (United States really threw off the balance when it joined), that Germany could've possibly won World War 2.

This is not to say I support the ideology of Nazism nor wanted them to win.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

What's wrong with bolt action rifles? They are far more reliable than automatics and semiautomatics of the time and still give much better accuracy and pressure retention. The only advantage the others had was a faster fire rate, but a well trained soldier could take out five enemies in under ten seconds with a bolt action.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

What's wrong with bolt action rifles? They are far more reliable than automatics and semiautomatics of the time and still give much better accuracy and pressure retention. The only advantage the others had was a faster fire rate, but a well trained soldier could take out five enemies in under ten seconds with a bolt action.

OK, let's give a fresh off the chow line Conscript a bolt action and point him at some kind Americans with semi-auto M1 Garands and Russians with Mosin Nagants, among other weaponry! Good idea!
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

That is a flaw of training, not weaponry. Give a Marine a Kar98k and he will be a tool of destruction. Ever heard of a Designated Marksman?

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

That is a flaw of training, not weaponry. Give a Marine a Kar98k and he will be a tool of destruction. Ever heard of a Designated Marksman?

You can kill more in more time with a semi-auto in non-skilled hands is what I'm trying to say. Not every soldier was a Marine and not every soldier had a knack for sharpshooting, neither.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

That is one of the best qualities of the Marines. They are all trained as marksmen.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Russians with Mosin Nagants

Mosin Nagants are terrible rifles compared to the 98k, and Russians weren't exactly highly trained. Your scenario is much more likely with Russians than Germans. The Germans were phenomenal in the art of war.

At any rate, this thread is stupid. Late WWI and early WWII? Useless combination?
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

The down fall of Nazi Germany is a very convoluted affair. Aside from the issue of man power and multiple fronts, the Germans simply could not manufacture the required goods quick enough. It has been shown that the German military was far more sophisticated with it's weaponry in most areas, yet that sophistcated weaponry took more time to make. The Allies on the other hand simply pumped out more because it was cheaper.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Like wolf said, stamped metal is cheaper than rolled steel. We chose quantity over quality and wound up lucky.

The way I remember it, the Russians had many good snipers and DMs.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

The way I remember it, the Russians had many good snipers and DMs.

Of course they did. America did too, so did Germany, hell, even Finland did!

Of course, those are very rare. Snipers are not the average soldier, and as such do not become bullet fodder.
Showing 1-15 of 54