The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernDiscussion regarding the two "World Wars"

54 6426
sovietnazikilla
sovietnazikilla
11 posts
Nomad

axis or allies? Wich side would you choose? Or if any WWII experts like me wanna talk about it or if you just wanna talk abou your ancestors and if you wanna ask me questions im happy to.

• 54 Replies
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I think Germany's biggest downfall was carpet bombing before the ground forces blitzed the area.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

I think Germany's biggest downfall was carpet bombing before the ground forces blitzed the area.

Whats wrong with that??? You are softening and shocking the enemy forces before you rush in to take them when they're not prepared!
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

The main advantage of blitzkreig is it's overwhelming speed. Carpet bomb the city and rubble fills the street. Rubble blocks path slowing the blitz down. Blitzkreig becomes kreig.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

what both axis and ally seemed to forget was the 'Capitol Tactic'. This tactic is to be used in battle. what it is is: a bomb explodes, injuring a bunch of soldiers. Medics and other men rush in. A second bomb blows. double the corpses. heh heh heh.

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

why does everyone think that if you play the German army your a god ****ed Nazi, they were conscripted without a choice most weren't Nazi for cripes sake!

Exactly. I wish more people knew that. Not every German soldier was a nazi and not all nazi's were evil. over 98% of nazi civilians didn't know the holocaust was going on!
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Not every German soldier was a nazi

Maybe you should read about World War 2 a little bit. Everyone in Nazi Germany was a Nazi. If you weren't a Nazi, Hitler would kill you.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

what both axis and ally seemed to forget was the 'Capitol Tactic'. This tactic is to be used in battle. what it is is: a bomb explodes, injuring a bunch of soldiers. Medics and other men rush in. A second bomb blows. double the corpses. heh heh heh.

Not even Nazi's were that cruel and Gale should be ashamed.

Incase you didn't know, Hitler was made Time Magazine's Man of the Year. EVERYBODY liked Hitler before he went Holocaust and most people liked him then because almost nobody knew. He had most of Germany convinced Jews were actually the problem and why Germany was in a depression. He was an absolutely amazing speaker and far better than Obama ever was. That just proves the old addage, the devil has a silver tongue.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Not even Nazi's were that cruel and Gale should be ashamed.

Thats right! A lot of people dont know this but there was a treaty that was signed before World War II, that none of these country's on this treaty could kill or wound the medics if they were ever at war. The Germans and the Allies upheld this treaty throughout the war. There are many pictures of Red Cross medics helping German Medics pull the wounded off the battlefield.

In case you didn't know, Hitler was made Time Magazine's Man of the Year. EVERYBODY liked Hitler before he went Holocaust and most people liked him then because almost nobody knew. He had most of Germany convinced Jews were actually the problem and why Germany was in a depression. He was an absolutely amazing speaker and far better than Obama ever was. That just proves the old addage, the devil has a silver tongue.

To show you why he had a Silver Tongue, he said

If you tell a lie long enough, loud enough, and often enough, the people will believe it.

That is the only reason he convinced the German people that the Jews were the cause (when they weren't).
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Not every German soldier was a nazi and not all nazi's were evil. over 98% of nazi civilians didn't know the holocaust was going on!

Seeing as how news of the concentration camps existence were in the British papers as early as 1942, I find it very hard to believe German civilians did not know it was going on, especially since many employed in the transport and police helped transport Jews to the death camps. That said, I don't hold it against the German civilian population for not opposing it. The Nazi propaganda machine was very effective at convincing people they were far more powerful than they actually were.

Also, little known fact, WW1 was not started by the assasination of Franz Ferdinand. I mean, come on. No one is that popular. It was all about Iraqi oil. When in 1913 the British and German navies converted from coal to oil fuel, the Germans sought to build the Berlin-Baghdad railway to gain resources. The British couldn't have their hegemony threatened, so we escalated the tension. I think it's very telling that the first British battalion deployed in the war was sent not to Northern France or Belgium, but to Iraq.
TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

Seeing as how news of the concentration camps existence were in the British papers as early as 1942, I find it very hard to believe German civilians did not know it was going on, especially since many employed in the transport and police helped transport Jews to the death camps. That said, I don't hold it against the German civilian population for not opposing it. The Nazi propaganda machine was very effective at convincing people they were far more powerful than they actually were.

That is basically the story

Not every German soldier was a nazi and not all nazi's were evil. over 98% of nazi civilians didn't know the holocaust was going on!

thats just a bunch of B.S.
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

Maybe you should read about World War 2 a little bit. Everyone in Nazi Germany was a Nazi. If you weren't a Nazi, Hitler would kill you.

does that mean that they all followed the rules? no. the only reason they said so is because they HAD to
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

The world wars were basically Democracy vs Autocracy/Dictatorship. There are two kinds of dictatorship, Communism (Soviet Union) and Fascism (Italy and Germany).

d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

Well, the beginning of WW2 really did a hit on Mother Russia. But, we got revenge and showed no mercy afterwards!

Also, what was the point of Hiroshima and the other Japan bombing? The USA had already basically won.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Nationalism is not needed on the forum, but democracy did win both world wars.

locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

Nationalism is not needed on the forum, but democracy did win both world wars.

i hope you saw the little /sarcasm mark

otherwise you derp to the Nth degree
Showing 16-30 of 54