ForumsThe TavernGreek Mythology

63 12534
jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

I LOVE greek mythology if any one else does here is a place to talk about it.

• 63 Replies
deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

I love it too. But I don't know any stories. Whenever we do grec mythology in school we don't really read any mythology oddly enough. But this year were watching Helen Of Troy and I think a movie for the Odyssy. Have any mythology sites?

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i like it too but like deathopper i know onlly a few stories. unfortunately for me there is no class that has anything to do with that

johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

Greek Mythology is interesting, but I don't really care about it. No offense.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I used to be real deep into Greek mythology, but I read all of it and got bored with it. Now I don't know much anymore.

jacobo101
jacobo101
33 posts
Nomad

i know about greek mytholigy and i love it

GlimmeringStars
GlimmeringStars
95 posts
Nomad

I used to enjoy reading Greek myth, I haven't really been interested in it much for about five or six years, so I forgot most of the stuff I've known but the stories were really good when I read them but if I read back over them I'm not sure if I'd get a feel for them.

farrowking37
farrowking37
610 posts
Nomad

Greek mythology is interesting, and i love the epic about Odysseus, but unfortunately, it has lost luster over the years.

Snowrut
Snowrut
68 posts
Nomad

Last year we did a lot on Greek Mythology so we read a lot of storries to give us background info on the book we were going to read.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

My brother is a total Greek Mythology buff. Mostly from reading Edith Hamilton's "Mythology".

Because of him, I know a lot about it, but not as much as him.

Divisible
Divisible
104 posts
Nomad

I'm not really into Greek Mythology but I've read a few books about it that were alright. They're not really my type of books though but it is fairly interesting.

Sheppard007
Sheppard007
237 posts
Nomad

Greek Mythology is amazing, and by reading Percy Jackson books, I feel like I know even more!

Noddles404
Noddles404
4 posts
Nomad

Greek Mythology is nothing compared to Norse.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

Greek Mythology is nothing compared to Norse.

Of course it isn't. Norse mythology has an immortal pig. How can you beat that?

Greek mythology is pretty creepy, TBH. I read about it in high school. A lot of their stories involve ****, kidnapping, murder, infidelity, etc. For example, Zeus cheated on his wife pretty much every opportunity he got, and had a whole bunch of illegitimate kids. Basically, Greek mythology has the most unethical and immoral deities out there.
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Zeus cheated on his wife pretty much every opportunity he got, and had a whole bunch of illegitimate kids

I see that as providing demi-gods to help out humanity.
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

I see that as providing demi-gods to help out humanity.

Nah, he was just horny. And married, for that matter.

Also, here's a wikipedia quote from the Zeus Miscellany
Zeus punished Hera by having her hung upside down from the sky when she attempted to drown Heracles in a storm.

The reason why she tried to drown Heracles was because he was Zeus' illegitimate son. So basically, Zeus cheated on her all the time, and she vented her anger on the offspring.

Also, another funny thing I found in the miscellany:

When Hera gave birth to Hephaestus, Zeus threw him off the top of Mount Olympus because of his repulsive appearance.
Showing 1-15 of 63