ForumsThe Tavernwhat would you like to see in future?

88 14907
haloman77
haloman77
94 posts
Nomad

Share what would you like to see in future?Games, cars,buildings,ect.

• 88 Replies
haloman77
haloman77
94 posts
Nomad

i would like to see cars that can go 300mph

erPicci
erPicci
38 posts
Peasant

Clean energy, no pollution, less stupid people in the world and a lot of good games on Armor Games.
What a pity, the first three seem to be almost impossible

haloman77
haloman77
94 posts
Nomad

i think microsoft are making xbox720 i think

Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

Assassins Creed 3! (It should be interesting, though I hope the main character isn't Desmond)

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

A peaceful world, without religion, where there is equal opportunity for all to prosper.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

No, most religions aren't good things, if I had to choose a religion for everyone to be then it would be Buddhist (preferably one of the Atheistic sects at that).

erPicci
erPicci
38 posts
Peasant

...or a world where people have different religions but they respect each other. Actually almost every modern religion says "respect the others". Don't confuse religion with fanaticism... or with a doctrine. Buddhism is a doctrine, not a religion (Buddha is not a god, but something like a philosopher).

Anyway, that's what I'd like to see in the future. I think that a world where everyone is forced to be the same religion (or no religion at all) would be a world like: "Hey, you wanna be a [insert religion here]? Well, you CANNOT!". It would be a huge loss of freedom...

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

...or a world where people have different religions but they respect each other. Actually almost every modern religion says "respect the others". Don't confuse religion with fanaticism... or with a doctrine. Buddhism is a doctrine, not a religion (Buddha is not a god, but something like a philosopher).

Yeah but where'd be the fun in people having different religions and respecting each other? If people follow their religions as they are commanded then that merely makes them good followers and not fanatics - most religions have at least something about trying to convert people to believe. Also, ever source I've looked at pins Buddhism as a religion, which isn't to say that it isn't a doctrine but it's a religion too.
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Okay, this time I didn't see the religion argument coming... Unlike most of the time, where it's pretty easy to see.

Anyway, I'd like to see a cleaner planet, with no war, no hunger, and everyone getting along.

But of course, that's not going to happen.

LivingToDie
LivingToDie
303 posts
Nomad

I'd like to see the future that would be pretty useful.
But in relation to the thread, I'd be happy to see nobody fighting over their religion since that plays a big role of hatred in many lives.

haloman77
haloman77
94 posts
Nomad

i think theirs going to be a war bacause the Russians got the gas and a country has got lots of oil but in other hand we could use nuclear energy wind powerand solal energy

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Videogames that are so real, you wouldn't know they weren't real unless someone were to tell you.

Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

i would like to see cars that can go 300mph

http://www.speed101.com/now/image/031960.fpx&obj=iip,1.jpg
This guy went 750 mph, the Bugatti Veyron SS can go above to 260.

I dunno... I would like literate people.
erPicci
erPicci
38 posts
Peasant

If people follow their religions as they are commanded then that merely makes them good followers and not fanatics

I think we have different ideas about what a religion is. You say that following a religion means to be commanded, I'd say that following a religion is someone's choice (something like: "mh, this religion says that ... and that ... . I've always thought the same! This religion represent my way of think/believe&quot

most religions have at least something about trying to convert people to believe.

I'd say they have something about offering other people to convert. I admit that many followers are actually forcing other to convert... that's what I call fanaticism.

Also, ever source I've looked at pins Buddhism as a religion, which isn't to say that it isn't a doctrine but it's a religion too.

I just picked some random sources that says the opposite: resource 1 resource2 resource3 resource4
Anyway this is a formal distinction. I think that I'm making a strict distinction between religion and doctrine/teachings. When I talk about religion I mean theology which, as the word itself says, is a subject ("logos&quot about gods ("theos&quot. Buddha is not a god, so, according to this definition, Buddhism is not a religion.
A doctrine, instead, is a serious group of teaching... that's what Buddhism is.
You probably "are using" a more general meaning of the term "religion", it's a just a matter of terminology. Nothing serious.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I would like to see a cease in arguments on religion and a more peaceful world with less war.

Showing 1-15 of 88