ForumsThe TavernWhat mythological creature would you own?

86 27702
MalKeshar
MalKeshar
115 posts
Jester

If you could own a magical creature that wouldn't harm or eat you, what would it be?
I would want to own a dragon because they are super cool. After that I would probably want a phoenix or a griffin.

• 86 Replies
Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

You can't own a dragon. They're sentient creatures and notoriously prideful, the very concept of being owned by another creature would send a dragon into a rampage. In fact, there seem to be a lot of people here wanting dragons or saying they would own a genie for the wishes. Say no to slave genies people. Personally, I'd want a Roc or a phoenix. It's hard to decide between the elephant eating mountain sized bird and one that constantly regenerates like a Time-Lord.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I would love to have my own @Clancy12. I would raise him as my own and harness his syrup powers for the good of Canadia.

Archimondi
Archimondi
1 posts
Peasant

I would own a Minotaur if it was Mythical and I would own a dragon if it was magical.

Gladiator246
Gladiator246
363 posts
Scribe

Hmmmm...If it doesn't harm me then dragons or chimaeras,if not Hippogriffs(Harry potter).

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Pegasus are not horses

Pegasus is a winged horse, so, yes, it kinda is. A winged, divine one.

Please treat us Pegasus nicely

I'd guess the plural of Pegasus would be something like Pegasi. But Pegasus is the name of an individual being, using it as a species name is arguably wrong.

As for me, I think I would own a Criosphinx. It would be a great guardian of my home, and somehow I find it more aesthetic than the other sphinx variants.
http://www.routard.com/images_contenu/communaute/Photos/publi/023/pt22441.jpg

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Does Cerberus count as a mythological creature? If yes, then I would own him. Or Fenrir! The gigantic wolf.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Does Cerberus count as a mythological creature? If yes, then I would own him. Or Fenrir! The gigantic wolf.

Both are mythological creatures, they're important figures in the Nordic resp. Greek myths. Contrary to my criosphinx, for whom I remember no specific myth containing it; but I still consider it mythological, as it was part of the fantastic bestiary of Egyptian legends.
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I love how this whole thing is about legends. Though, isn't it Fenrir is the son of Loki? or is it the other way around? They are related though right?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Fenrir, Jörmungandr, Hel and Sleipnir are all offsprings of Loki. That's why I love the Nordic myths - they're crazy ^^

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I would like an Abarimon. An Abarimon is this thing:

http://listogre.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/tumblr_m0qclv53vQ1r2ycg8o1_500.jpg

Nightmare fuel engaged.

I'd like to have a couple of these things in my yard.

Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

Probably Koro-Sensei, since he's the best.

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

I would take a phoenix. They reborn from their ashes (basically immortall) and they have AWESOME FLAMING WINGS!!!!!

Saphire24
Saphire24
3,114 posts
Scribe

Griffin, or dragon, big and strong enough to carry me

Dimf
Dimf
68 posts
Shepherd

I would like to have dragons and golems.

ChapZ
ChapZ
2,136 posts
Duke

I would like to own a Kraken!

Showing 46-60 of 86