ForumsThe TavernWhat mythological creature would you own?

86 27699
MalKeshar
MalKeshar
115 posts
Jester

If you could own a magical creature that wouldn't harm or eat you, what would it be?
I would want to own a dragon because they are super cool. After that I would probably want a phoenix or a griffin.

• 86 Replies
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

A Cerberus. Only logical choice.

ExplosiveCake1
ExplosiveCake1
43 posts
Shepherd

I would Like a Wyvern, simply because dragons are overrated.

trigon123
trigon123
1,279 posts
Herald

A Phoenix!

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

My Cerberus would just bite your dragons and swing them around like chew toys. c:

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Everyone is saying dragon, I don't understand. MYTHICAL creatures guys, mythical.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Everyone is saying dragon, I don't understand. MYTHICAL creatures guys, mythical.

There are numerous dragons in multiple mythologies. Although they're still saying they'd want to own a sentient being that can turn them into burnt toast purely for the offense of claiming ownership over a dragon.

I would like to own a Kraken!

How often do you honestly expect to use the phrase "Release the kraken!"? No Jehovah's witness is persistent enough for you to get more than 2 uses out of that kraken. Or are you going all Davey Jones and using it to destroy pirate ships?

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Im just saying, your dragon will breathe fire on my Cerberus, who is from HELL by the way, (Or the Greek's equivalent) and is most likely immune to heat, and then he'll just bite your dragon in half as I steal its hoarded shinys.

FunnyaxeRealm
FunnyaxeRealm
10 posts
Nomad

Probs a Phoenix

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

my Cerberus, who is from HELL by the way, (Or the Greek's equivalent) and is most likely immune to heat,

The Greek Hades differs from our popular image of Hell; it is not the fiery pit you seem to think of, rather a gloomy dark place. Which makes your assumption that Cerberus is immune to heat very far fetched.

and then he'll just bite your dragon in half as I steal its hoarded shinys.

Here we have several issues: first, the dragon can most likely fly and keep out of reach of your earth-bound Cerberus. Second, the size. I would imagine that a dragon is most certainly several times larger than a dog, even a big three-headed one. Third, the dragon is a reptile and probably has a scaly hide, which is a better protection than dog skin.
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

The Greek Hades differs from our popular image of Hell; it is not the fiery pit you seem to think of, rather a gloomy dark place. Which makes your assumption that Cerberus is immune to heat very far fetched.

This is true, only a very small portion of it is fiery hell place, the rest is kinda dull and listless. But, in some versions of Cerberus, he can also breathe fire, so I'd expect he would be immune to heat.

Here we have several issues: first, the dragon can most likely fly and keep out of reach of your earth-bound Cerberus. Second, the size. I would imagine that a dragon is most certainly several times larger than a dog, even a big three-headed one. Third, the dragon is a reptile and probably has a scaly hide, which is a better protection than dog skin.

This also depends on the lore you're talking about. Some stories say that Dragons are these huge fire breathing gold hoarding reptiles, and some say they're really long flying bearded snakes. You do have some very good points though, but I'd think the Cerberus would be the size of not a fully adult dragon but one close to it. It really just depends on if Dragons just keep growing until they die or if they just grow to a certain size and get old.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

A nymph *gets slapped*

Errr...a genie! I would only need one wish.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

This also depends on the lore you're talking about. Some stories say that Dragons are these huge fire breathing gold hoarding reptiles, and some say they're really long flying bearded snakes. You do have some very good points though, but I'd think the Cerberus would be the size of not a fully adult dragon but one close to it. It really just depends on if Dragons just keep growing until they die or if they just grow to a certain size and get old.

Being reptiles, I think dragons would continue growing very slightly; mixed with an assumed very old age, they must reach big sizes. But of course, if your Cerberus is Fluffy-sized, it may as well eat smaller dragons
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Perhaps, maybe a bit bigger. Yes, I would feed it tiny dragons and take all the dragons treasure c:

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

This is true, only a very small portion of it is fiery hell place, the rest is kinda dull and listless.

The greek underworld is split into three sections. The primary section referred to simply as Hades (as is the entire underworld when spoken of in general) is more of a limbo. Spirits lose their memories as they cross the river Lethe and float through Hades as listless shades who have no real thoughts or senses. The Elysium Fields, where heroes go, is a paradise to reward brave warriors for their actions. Finally is Tartarus, their version of Hell. Tartarus is not a fiery pit but is more of a prison/torture chamber where people suffer specific fates based on their actions. Tantalus was chained to a wall with a plate of food out of reach for all eternity. Sisyphus was forced to roll a boulder up a hill, but the boulder would always escape his grasp and roll back down before he could reach the top. The fiery portion of Hades is the river Phlegethon which leads into Tartarus. Cerberus guards the entrance of Hades to stop souls from escaping and the living from entering but isn't associated with Tartarus or Phlegethon.

and some say they're really long flying bearded snakes.

Eastern stories of dragons tend to treat them as deities or nature spirits. Often times these "long flying bearded snakes" are the guardians of specific areas or elements. There's also middle eastern stories of dragons as riddle masters, native American stories of gods who take on the forms of dragons, and aboriginal tales of dragon spirits. Pretty much all of these stories have fire breathing dragons, it's an almost universal aspect of dragons across cultures even when they're separated by thousands of miles of ocean.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

The greek underworld is split into three sections. The primary section referred to simply as Hades (as is the entire underworld when spoken of in general) is more of a limbo. Spirits lose their memories as they cross the river Lethe and float through Hades as listless shades who have no real thoughts or senses. The Elysium Fields, where heroes go, is a paradise to reward brave warriors for their actions. Finally is Tartarus, their version of Hell. Tartarus is not a fiery pit but is more of a prison/torture chamber where people suffer specific fates based on their actions. Tantalus was chained to a wall with a plate of food out of reach for all eternity. Sisyphus was forced to roll a boulder up a hill, but the boulder would always escape his grasp and roll back down before he could reach the top. The fiery portion of Hades is the river Phlegethon which leads into Tartarus. Cerberus guards the entrance of Hades to stop souls from escaping and the living from entering but isn't associated with Tartarus or Phlegethon.

Thank you for saying what i just said, except in more detail.

Eastern stories of dragons tend to treat them as deities or nature spirits. Often times these "long flying bearded snakes" are the guardians of specific areas or elements. There's also middle eastern stories of dragons as riddle masters, native American stories of gods who take on the forms of dragons, and aboriginal tales of dragon spirits. Pretty much all of these stories have fire breathing dragons, it's an almost universal aspect of dragons across cultures even when they're separated by thousands of miles of ocean.

And I thank you again for repeating what i said but someone turning it from one sentence to a whole paragraph.

Showing 61-75 of 86