The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernFashion faux pas

82 13089
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Curiosity has got me today.

Do you guys know to not wear a brown belt with black shoes (also vice versa)?

P.S. Hipsters are excluded.

• 82 Replies
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Honestly, I think fashion is stupid. All it is is other people telling you what to wear... More ways for people to control others. Just a department store ploy to get people to by massively expensive stuff. And with the brown belt and black shoes... why does it matter?

hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,089 posts
Nomad

I wear WTF i want.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

Of course; I've known that since my first Easter Vigil mass XD

Not to mention no checks with plaids... or something like that.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

lol i never undertood and never will understand fasion... i mean... people should wear what they like. fashion actually something an "important" figure likes to wear. i think people shouldnt mimic other people it makes them look empty and shalow (in my opinion). i guess that a more general fashion is ok but when it comes to hair or more specific things its too much. idc about what i wear and one time my friend (a girl) came to my house wearing orange, green and purple at the same time and she was like: "dont you have any comment?" and i said: "........ you got a haircut?" XP. so my "fashion sence" is really undeveloped XD

jroyster22
jroyster22
755 posts
Peasant

@thebluerabbit I believe the moder day "hipster" has the same view as you. Not caring whats "in" wearing what they like and not caring the outcome. It's nice to only wear what you like and stay true to yourself.

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

Well, im a fashion deva (i luv fashion)
and I sometimes wear brown belt and black shoes together.
nobody said anything, I guess that when they see me wearing something unusual they think its a new style or something lol.

deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

I don't care what I where, I don't care about what's "in", what's out "out". I wear what's good on me. I mean everybody in my schools were Converse, I were some Addidas, everybody has a phone (blackberries (apparently every 10-14 year olds have important business conferences to attend to)), I don't, everybody's going to Shakira's concert (they even think she's good) I'm not.
My school is like a huge heard of sheep following each other. There's only a few people who decided to not follow it.
And it's a huge market scheme to rip you from your money. I mean some kids even by new soccer shoes every time a new "edition" comes out and they are very, very expensive.
And isn't the idea of fashion of being creative and make your own styles of clothe that reflects your personality instead of following the latest "fashion" trends?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I can agree with some of the things you guys are saying. 'People' (whoever they are) who decide what is "in" this season is pretty silly to me. Who cares if I still wear blue this summer when green is the new blue? I SURE DON'T CARE, I LIKE BLUE!

However, that's not what I'm getting at, really. I am asking about those fashion 'faux pas' that are timeless. Things like, and are not limited to:

1. Wearing a brown belt with black shoes.
2. Wearing a black belt with brown shoes.
3. Socks with sandals.
4. Fanny packs.
5. Tight clothing on larger people.

These are just a few examples.

Now, I am prepared for some of you to fight me on this brown belt/black shoes issue. By the end of our discussion, I hope you will realize that I am looking out for your best interest. Your love life could be at risk from the above list.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
991 posts
Nomad

I laughed when I saw this thread title. Like most of the people here, I really can care less if what I'm wearing is in or not...
But I do sorta realize if I'm not matching, but most of the time I wear whatever is clean. ><
I usually wear skinny jeans, nike or converse shoes, and a funny shirt.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Wow, I hardly ever see Asherlee around here.

Don't see the point in that.......

3. Socks with sandals.
4. Fanny packs.

Agreed.

Who cares if I still wear blue this summer when green is the new blue? I SURE DON'T CARE, I LIKE BLUE!

It's because you are a Moderator, not an Administrator.
Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

3. Socks with sandals.
4. Fanny packs.

socks with sandals is the only one that doesnt really bother me... it all depends on the kind of sandal you're wearing.
Blue Jeans+White T-Shirt=Awesomeness

making the T-Shirt a deep V-neck makes it even more awesome
PracticalManiac
PracticalManiac
295 posts
Peasant

I wear whatever the effs I want fashion is dumb. I mean I can compliment pople that try but I really could care less about how I look. I wear jeans everyday and a t shirt with some kind of jacket / flannel.

But I must agree with socks + sandals... It really pisses me off like a pet peeve. It almost looks disgusting I cant explain my hatred for this.

Maybe shades indoors, that's all I can think of and it does not really bother me all the much either.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Strangely enough, I have a respect for haute couture and fashion. Don't ask me anything arduous - I'm not a connoisseur. I could possibly be a bit metrosexual at times, but for the most part I'm quite careless. My habits aren't always consistent, which makes things a bit confusing.

I attempt to look respectable when I'm in public. I feel like buying more dress shirts right now.

I have to agree with that on some counts. I never visibly wear brown belts with black shoes.

Ditto.

3. Socks with sandals.

I have a hatred for socks with sandals.. in public. Just looks hideous. No, I don't give a darn if no one is around or if there's no choice.

4. Fanny packs.

I never use those at all.

Yup.

I still feel like buying more clothes by the way.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

V-Neck? Ew.

You are not allowed to comment on anything to do with fashion ever again, Mr. Socks and Sandals.
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Some interesting responses. Knight, I may need you to back me up on this black belt/brown shoes issue.

Basically, a female is going to notice this. She will pay attention to your unmatched, huge fashion faux pas and laugh at you with her friends. Let me give a great example.

I was in an outdoor plaza with two (straight) females, we were enjoying something to drink while shopping. This extremely good-looking man in a suit and tie begins to walk near us.

I lean back, and watch my two friends eye ball this guy. As he got close enough for them to see what he was wearing, they started laughing quietly.

He smiled and kept walking. The women immediately turned to me and said: "He is a really good looking guy, but did you get a load of that brown belt with black shoes in his navy suit?"

Me: "Oh, yea I saw that mess."
Her: "It is such a turn off if a guy can't even dress himself appropriately, it's distracting."
Me: "It gives off the impression that you don't care about how you look."
Her: "Which makes me think his apartment is probably just as bad."
Me: "Rachel, don't get ahead of yourself."

The point is this, when you wear something like that, you've nixed your chance with that female that was checking you out from afar. You guys can wear whatever you want to wear, but don't expect female company anytime soon.

foreveralone.jpg

Showing 1-15 of 82