ForumsForum GamesArmatar War - Clan Friendly Version

3654 463069
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

After several of requests I've decided to open this. I have no idea how the clans played it so I'll leave it up to the players to form the rules. But, form the rules the way you played the original version. Ask JohnGarell for questions I suppose.

• 3,654 Replies
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

If you have knowledge that contradicts what I've said, please share. I love to learn new things and never intended to insult or deride anyone.

Maybe a little bit of an overreaction to Emporer's comment, though I cannot say how maliciously that comment was intended to be.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Whoops. Change "maliciously" in the above post to "malicious".

sprooschicken
sprooschicken
1,147 posts
Nomad

I don't take kindly to be spoken down to, anyway its just a general rule of English, the colon and the semi colon are basically interchangeable, the colon was more appropriate for Johns sentence however both are acceptable

sprooschicken
sprooschicken
1,147 posts
Nomad

its sprooschicken actually, anyway where did I make fun of you?

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Sorry I'm quite late; my internet has been down. (That is the proper use of a semicolon by the way.)

@sprooschicken
I never said the use of a colon, I posted comma. The semicolon in JG's statements was wrong. I was only pointing that out because he always insults our grammar.

at what level English are you learning? because that is a very basic description of their use

(Uses very sarcastic tone) That's not insulting his intelligence at all (rolls eyes).
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

@sprooschicken
Your own words on page 15 to TFP:

you use poor grammar which i do not respect

Like yours is better!

Also on page 15 to TFP
you looks ver stupid

Also on page 15 to TFP
have no idea how stupid this make s you sound considering you are the one using awful grammar

Also on page 15 to TFP
and yes grammar is a big deal its just a common courtesy, and people will be much more willing to listen to you if your use good grammar

I'm sure I could find more!
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

As soon as TFP took over you started bashing him to the point where he relinquished control to me.

sprooschicken
sprooschicken
1,147 posts
Nomad

no, it wasn't it was simply a question as to basically how old he is, or as to why he was simplifying it, which he has explained now

@TheFinalPheonix

that honestly was not written with you in mind, I was simply making the point that Johns English is very good for a foreigner and if you genuinely have trouble with English and you aren't just being lazy then fair play to you

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Why are you "just being lazy" yourself when you stated

yes grammar is a big deal its just a common courtesy, and people will be much more willing to listen to you if your use good grammar

I think I'll just use your own words against you now:
You use poor grammar, which I do not respect.
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

So are we still in an intermediate phase during which no battling occurs? I still feel a bit lost...

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

I would have to agree with you, EmperorPalpatine, about his grammar not being as perfect as he preaches others' to be.

But, again, can we begin doing something? I am rapidly losing interest in this written grammar war...

sprooschicken
sprooschicken
1,147 posts
Nomad

fine, change the word grammar for spelling, I find most grammar to be unnecessary on the internet, spelling however is essential, bad spelling makes post unreadable, and unattractive to look at, which makes me less likely to read it

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Your own spelling was very poor in earlier posts. I even pointed it out and you flamed me. That's partly how this escalated to where it is now.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

That I can agree with.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Can people here stop leaving comments on my profile asking me to join.

Showing 181-195 of 3654