ForumsThe TavernYour personality on AG vs. Your personality IRL

60 10105
Hammz
Hammz
38 posts
Nomad

I, honestly speaking, will never act the same way irl as I do in AG. I think of this place as where I can be SUPERMEGAHYPERUBER weird, and blend in.
What about you, my fellow homies?

• 60 Replies
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

I don't fly into a rage at people on AG, but otherwise, I am about the same.

pauler94
pauler94
2,514 posts
Nomad

I'm kind of awkward in RL because I don't really sound enthusiastic when I'm talking, and sometimes, I don't think before I talk (like R3LOAD) and I've said some embarrassing things because of it. I do get along with most people at my school, but there are a few that I don't get along with, only because they decide to hold grudges against me for no reason (they're insecure). On AG I'm outgoing, I guess, mainly because I've been here so long and I know most of the people, but there are users that I don't like, past and present, I just don't want to say who. Lol. But I also "talk" more on AG.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I usually act pretty much the same. I'm not a jerk online or in real life I guess :P

Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

In real life, I am often distracted causing me to say "what?" a lot when someone is trying to say something to me. But here, I can read over something as many times as I like. On Armor Games, I can find a topic I can contribute in, but real life, I usually just listen to what is going on (or get distracted and do something else.) Despite me not listening very much, I still have a lot of friends in real life. I really don't know how.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I'm pretty much same-ish, I joke around most of the time.

calemango
calemango
83 posts
Nomad

more or less I'm the same just that here I kind of explain stuff with a lot of info (in a matter-of-factly tone) which I don't do often IRL. I joke around more IRL but more or less the same, I'm just still kind of new here and I haven't been acquainted with that many users compared to how many people I know and have befriended IRL. Plus, here I don't really dislike anyboby and no one bothers me in a very annoying way like IRL.

calemango
calemango
83 posts
Nomad

oh and in real life I am kind of quiet and don't contribute much to a conversation if I don't know them for a long time but here I'm really social more or less.

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

My online image is mirrored perfectly by my irl image. F-ing awesome here. F-ing awesome here (irl here).

merind3
merind3
36 posts
Nomad

Almost the same, execpt im more carefull about what i say here than in Rl because whats said here, stays here.

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,032 posts
Nomad

Here, I act more serious and mature. Not saying I'm not mature in real life, I am. But I am often making lame puns and a bit more silly in real life.
Also, I tend to be a bit nerdy on teh interwebs.

divy1324
divy1324
436 posts
Nomad

Im always quiet so itz easy to listen to other people's conversationsXD But like I have a lot of friends. And on AG Like i dont no....

pickleshack
pickleshack
356 posts
Nomad

Is AG not a function of "real life"? It is something we choose to do in the "real" world, as "real" people. Any change in setting can help a personality flourish or flounder. Though, if you are truly confident and impeccable with your word, there should be no major difference between your online persona and your face to face persona. Sure, certain aspects of our personalities tend to be liberated or quashed here but, that is as with any other "real" place.

deadhead50
deadhead50
342 posts
Nomad

i talk and sorta enjoy people on AG, irl im the scary kid in the corner (yes i enjoy it)

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

I argue/debate a bit the same way as on the Internet, but with a little more respect, most of the times atleast. I'm not a social person, I HATE socializing. For me, one, two good friends are enough for me. Quite the contraryon the Internet, as I can make friends with people on the Internet easier then irl, which makes sence, because I can't be picky with how I choose my internet friends if I don't really know them, right?

Showing 46-59 of 60