The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesExit Path 2 Tournament

342 64730
Zultimategamer2000
Zultimategamer2000
430 posts
Nomad

Okay, well as we all know, Exit Path 2 is going to be released. Since we now have confirmation from John that there will be private rooms, I think that a tournament is in order since so many people have been wanting to do that.

This tournament will be set 3 days after the official game(not the beta) is released. That way we can get to know the stages a little first. So expect this to happen around the July-August area.

Number of participants will depend on how many people apply. I plan for this not to be more than about 64 or 128 people, so if more than that apply(unlikely), I will simply do a first come first served basis.

Here are the rules to enter:

1. You must have played at last 1,000 matches on the original Exit Path.
2. You must sign up on here by simply stating you want to enter.
3. When you sign up, post your stats (meaning matches,wins, etc.) so I know that you have at least 1,000 matches
, and your win %from Exit Path(original) will determine your seeding, much like in a professional sports league.

As for racing rules, I can't post many right now because we don't really know the gameplay yet.
The only rules right now is that the rooms will be 4 people each.
Also, those who were given access to the beta will be put into the same 1st round mtaches whenever possible because those who playd the beta will have an unfair advantage over those who did not.

How to advance to next round:
Each room will play 25 races, with the 2 plyers with the most wins will advance to the next round.
This will continue until we are down to only 2 players remaining, where the 2 will play 1 final round of 15 races.

Also, Epicness raised a point to me that might be interesting that if maybe a mod. or admin. agrees, maybe the winner of the tournament will get a merit. Keep in mind this is not for sure, just a thought.

Thank you for reading all this(if you were crazy enough to read all this), and please enter.

• 342 Replies
jackoo8080
jackoo8080
452 posts
Nomad

Alright I added you. Not sure how you got that funky percentage though, since 2009/4587 = 43.8%
I took a very big huge guess tyvm for the correction .
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

If anyone's talking about merits for the tournament. You have ask a moderator if winning this contest is merit worthy.
And take into thought, AG3 is coming out soon, so there may or may not be merits.

PrincessofDaisies
PrincessofDaisies
33 posts
Nomad

Are you still allowing updates? I got my % up, and would rather not race him first round (lol)

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Hmm, just took a look at the tourny sheet that Kenty's keeping track of. I hope that I can race these people: Malkoir, Zero, KentyBK, wezzeldurf, NonTroppO, Z, and Lithe.
Those people have always been fun to race with, and very challenging.

SgtMol3
SgtMol3
4 posts
Nomad

I've just looked which group I'm in Can I change my % to lower? ;P Nah this should be fun, playing with the greats! Should learn quite a bit from this tournament!

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

ShadowRatchet95 a.k.a. GhostOfMetal

Can you post your ratio anyway? Makes it easier to place you on my list. And which of those names you'd like to use for the tournament.

Are you still allowing updates? I got my % up, and would rather not race him first round (lol)

Sure, don't see why not. Just post them, and I'll make sure to correct the list.

I've just looked which group I'm in Can I change my % to lower? ;P Nah this should be fun, playing with the greats! Should learn quite a bit from this tournament!

Well if you can give me more accurate stats, I'd be happy to do that ;D

On that note, I'll only correct your placement in the list when you actually post stats. Correcting an estimate with another estimate seems kinda silly xP

If anyone's talking about merits for the tournament. You have ask a moderator if winning this contest is merit worthy.
And take into thought, AG3 is coming out soon, so there may or may not be merits.

I think someone already tried to ask John if the winner could get a merit.

Hmm, just took a look at the tourny sheet that Kenty's keeping track of. I hope that I can race these people: Malkoir, Zero, KentyBK, wezzeldurf, NonTroppO, Z, and Lithe.
Those people have always been fun to race with, and very challenging.

It depends on what system we end up using (the 4-man room Z suggested or my 1v1 system, be sure to add some opinions people ). But as it stands right now, you can't race Malk AND Lithe since they'll most likely race each other in the first round.

And your high seed means you'll only race people from your group in the higher rounds, since I think we still use that high seed vs low seed thing.
ferfer313
ferfer313
260 posts
Nomad

462 Matches
144 Wins
90,045 XP
819 Kudos

Yet I am almost a Grandmaster. Any acceptions possible?

SgtMol3
SgtMol3
4 posts
Nomad

So, I have a few idea's about how this Tournament could be rolled out... Any feed back on it would be great, if it's a stupid idea then please feel free to shout abuse at me!

The idea of the "World Cup" came to mind..

Give each registered member a number, from 1 onwards, and by using a random generator to determin who goes into each group.. If each group is limited to say, 4 people then those 4 people would play eachother at least once, if not twice.. so a 1 vs 1 basis.. And the top 2 players would then proceed to the next stage.. Going through to the quater finals, semi's and at last finals!

I know this could be a lengthy process, but would make the competition much more exciting (in my opinion) It could be set times for each group to play their matches, I'm sure an hour would be more than enough time to get through one group of 4, even playing twice!

Well that's pretty much it for now.. If you have any suggestions to make it better, or just to ignore it altogether let me know!!

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

After doing some thinking, I've come up with a way that combines that, the 1v1 AND Z's 4 person race ideas into one.

This idea requires a participant number that's divisable by 4 so we can use Z's method to reduce it, if we have too many players.

This number (participants/4) is the amount of preliminary rooms we'll have.

After that we assign each player from the list into those room, using a random number generator(Since high seed players get picked first, it's unlikely they'll be clumped together in a single room; or we let Z pick a room he stays in ;D). That way we'll have a tiny bit of luck involved in the starting rooms, making it easier for the lower ranked players to compete.

Preliminary rounds will be held with 4 players at the same time. First place gets 3 points, and second place 1 point.

After a set amount of races is over, the two highest ranked people in the room advance to the main tournament rounds. Since we have 4 players at the same time, we can halve the amount of participants in a shorter amount of time.

The main tournament round would be a 1v1 KO system, until we have our finals. Matchups could be decided either by seed, or by a random number generator (or both o.0)

462 Matches
144 Wins
90,045 XP
819 Kudos

Yet I am almost a Grandmaster. Any acceptions possible?

Try and get the required 1000 matches and I'll add you to the list.
GhostOfZero
GhostOfZero
29 posts
Peasant

How about additional awards like Best Time and Most Consistent? Maybe by Seed and Overall? I think it'd be good to recognize players for their particular strengths.

Zultimategamer2000
Zultimategamer2000
430 posts
Nomad

........ So much....... And at this point I'm pretty sure that Kenty is doing better than I am at coming up with a tournament match up.

And Kenty, I wasn't planning on having a 4-person final. What I was planning on doing was having a 4 person semi-final, then the top 2 from those 4 would race each other. But I guess your idea makes more sense of 1-vs-1.

Well, I have decided that 1-vs-1 will be what we do. It'll take a bit longer of course, but it would be easier to set up match times.

Kenty, I think I'll use that random number generator thing to make the match ups. Well, I suppose I could always just write everyone's name and then put it in a a hat, but 1) that would take far too long, and 2) I don't own a hat

Although I'm not a big fan of that points system(I hate point systems), I think maybe instead of the points system for the prelims(If we have them, I'm still thinking about it), just have each 1st place be 2 points, 2nd place 1 point. Or maybe do what Nascar does and award points with a set amount of points that goes down by 1 for every place you're lower than 1st. Like 1st get 3 pts, 2nd gets 2 pts, 3rd 1 pt, 4th 0 pts. But since it seems you've been working hard on this too, we'll just have a vote on it. Sound fair Kenty?

As for notifications, when the tournament takes place, I will notify everyone on the day that Exit Path 2 comes out by sending them a comment on their account wall. That way you have a 3 day notice.

Lastly, no exceptions. And I don't care if you're nearly a Grandmaster, tons of people are Grandmasters. At this point, it means nothing.

P.S. My god people! I left this alone for all of 1 night and a school day, and I come back to about 15 new comments! Slow down!

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Sound fair Kenty?

Well, the point awarding will only really be needed for those prelims. And what point values we go with really doesn't matter all THAT much, as long as we have a way to determine the best 2 of each group.

So in that sense, I'm fine with whatever we end up using.
SgtMol3
SgtMol3
4 posts
Nomad

The 4 person preliminary sounds like a good idea to start things off, having at least 5-10 rounds per group of 4 people would really help settle whose the top of the table..

A point system seems the most logical way to decide who goes through each stage until the 1 vs 1's when it's clear who wins! A gap between 1st and 2nd in points would also probably be best, else someone whose not consistant on winning of coming second could still get through.. Right?

Unless you just want to do 1 vs 1 from the start, which as you said may take longer but would be pretty awesome in it's own.. Much easier to set up times I'm sure..

The random number thing will be easy, just start from the top seed, 1, 2, 3, 4 etc etc.. Open up Excel, and =RANDBETWEEN(1,64) If there was 64 players of course..

Any of that sound good?

Malkoir
Malkoir
156 posts
Nomad

I think we all have a pretty good idea of to who the "Most Awesome" award will be going do

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

I think we all have a pretty good idea of to who the "Most Awesome" award will be going do

Yeah, me!
Showing 151-165 of 342