The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesExit Path 2 Tournament

342 64715
Zultimategamer2000
Zultimategamer2000
430 posts
Nomad

Okay, well as we all know, Exit Path 2 is going to be released. Since we now have confirmation from John that there will be private rooms, I think that a tournament is in order since so many people have been wanting to do that.

This tournament will be set 3 days after the official game(not the beta) is released. That way we can get to know the stages a little first. So expect this to happen around the July-August area.

Number of participants will depend on how many people apply. I plan for this not to be more than about 64 or 128 people, so if more than that apply(unlikely), I will simply do a first come first served basis.

Here are the rules to enter:

1. You must have played at last 1,000 matches on the original Exit Path.
2. You must sign up on here by simply stating you want to enter.
3. When you sign up, post your stats (meaning matches,wins, etc.) so I know that you have at least 1,000 matches
, and your win %from Exit Path(original) will determine your seeding, much like in a professional sports league.

As for racing rules, I can't post many right now because we don't really know the gameplay yet.
The only rules right now is that the rooms will be 4 people each.
Also, those who were given access to the beta will be put into the same 1st round mtaches whenever possible because those who playd the beta will have an unfair advantage over those who did not.

How to advance to next round:
Each room will play 25 races, with the 2 plyers with the most wins will advance to the next round.
This will continue until we are down to only 2 players remaining, where the 2 will play 1 final round of 15 races.

Also, Epicness raised a point to me that might be interesting that if maybe a mod. or admin. agrees, maybe the winner of the tournament will get a merit. Keep in mind this is not for sure, just a thought.

Thank you for reading all this(if you were crazy enough to read all this), and please enter.

• 342 Replies
SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n500/SoymasterYos/ep.png

I sent a screenshot anyway.

Zultimategamer2000
Zultimategamer2000
430 posts
Nomad

Alrght, this whole entering thing is apparently really confusing(how I do not know), so I will be as specific as I can this time.

How to enter:
1. You must express specific interest in entering. Merely posting on this without saying something like, "I want to enter!" will not qualify as an entree.
2. Post your number of matches, and your number of wins, because I will use this to determine seeding. You do not need to post anythign more than that.
3. If your data was erased than please post your stats as close you can remember them being.

Lastly, I forgot to answer this in my last post, as for guests playing, plain and simple, no. First off, we need to be able to recognize you. Second, if you are a guest you wouldot be able to enter in the first place because you need to enter on this forum page, but guests cannot post on forums. And lastly, I am highly doubtful that John would include a way to invite guests to a private room.

GhostOfZero
GhostOfZero
29 posts
Peasant

Z, will there be a list maintained that shows the tourny's who vs who and race results?

NontroppO
NontroppO
366 posts
Nomad

Is not to soon? i mean think how many time took EP 1 to achive this degree of skill (with all the techs and stuff)

Zultimategamer2000
Zultimategamer2000
430 posts
Nomad

@GhostOfZero

When I finalize the entrants, and when we actually get to playing matches, I will post all the matches for that round. After a match is finished, I will post the winners and losers of that match. Then when the entire round is finished, I will post those who advanced only. I will not have a list for those who did not advance, no need to rub it in more. This is going to be the basic system.

Then at the very end, I will post all those who entered and put what round they lost in. Here's wht I plan on it looking like.

After a 1st-Round match is completed:
Winners of Round 1 Match 1: Player 1, Player 2
Losers of Round 1 Match 1: Player 3, Player 4

After whole round is completed:
Players adavancing to next round: PLayer 1, Player 2, Player 5, etc.

Once whole tournament is complete(this is based off a 64 man tournament)
Lost in 1st-Round: Player Names
Lost in 2nd-Round: Player Names
Lost in 3rd-Round: Player Names
Lost in Quarter-Finals: Player Names
Lost in Semi-Finals: Player Names
Lost In Finals: Player Name
Tournament Champion: Player Name

Does that answer your question?

@NontroppO
You will get 3 days with the official Exit Path 2 to get used to the game.

ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

I can't wait until it comes out i mean it isn't out right and i right

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Is not to soon? i mean think how many time took EP 1 to achive this degree of skill (with all the techs and stuff)

Who said there can't be more tournaments further down the line? xP

Oh and btw:

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j446/KentyBK/Unbenannt2-1.png?t=1306447770

Found this old picture of me so I'll use that for reference.

Matches: 4787
Wins: 3042

Which gives a win % of 63.5%
NontroppO
NontroppO
366 posts
Nomad

Since i use CCleaner almost every night and didnt try my acc very much i got no record to show. But i have something like 5000 - 15000 games with a +/- 55% win percentage

And i offer like a volunteer to record as well, just if im not playing at the same time

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

As for those who's data was erased, I know some of you who's data was erased, but not everyone, just please post it with your best guess as to what your stats were.

awwww.... i have such a bad memory... i remember these numbers: matches 6000 and wins 5300 but im really really not sure. i doubt it myself so ill understand if i cant compete.

Also, I have thought of a new rule. To make things a bit faster, the watcher(me or a volunteer) will keep time for when the match begins. If you are late to your match by 5 or more minutes you will be disqualified. 4 minutes or less is okay, and you will not be disqualified.

i dont know about this. things happen unexpectedly you know, maybe you could just let the other 3 race and then make a 1 on 1 against the one who didnt show up and the winner? but i know its really complicated so you probably dont want to do it.

Lastly, I forgot to answer this in my last post, as for guests playing, plain and simple, no. First off, we need to be able to recognize you. Second, if you are a guest you wouldot be able to enter in the first place because you need to enter on this forum page, but guests cannot post on forums. And lastly, I am highly doubtful that John would include a way to invite guests to a private room.

thats really too bad. some guests (darwin XD) cant play with a username and i think we all agree that darwin deserves to race. cant someone just post an entry instead of him?

lastly...what if i will play as a guest and save my data and get to 1000 matches and then post a comment on the game that sais "im thebluerabbit" will this count?
johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

Since I did not say, "I want to enter!", I will say it now.
I want to enter the EP2 tournament.

wezzeldurf
wezzeldurf
27 posts
Peasant

I want to enter the tournament, very much xD and i spoke with Darwin37 he wants in too ..
my stats: 2,964 Matches 1,800 Wins = 60% .. on my acc, but im playing almost always as guest so im sure i have more, wins and loses ..
as for Darwin well.. on acc he had 5000 matches dunno wins but he plays as guest so .. i would just put him around the top

GhostOfPain
GhostOfPain
97 posts
Nomad

[quote]Lastly, I forgot to answer this in my last post, as for guests playing, plain and simple, no.[quote]

What about Darwin37?
he wants into the tournament too, but by your rules about no guest , he can't..
His account got banned unfairly, so it would be fair, if you could let him join.
His stats were something like 7300 matches and 3000-4000 wins, when i saw him last.
He is working on his stats now. He already has 200 matches. He wants to get recognized..

rawwr123
rawwr123
288 posts
Nomad

ill join, my percent rlly sucks but thats cause i dont join servers on multyplyer unless there pro and so i only have like 45%, but i can get it up 2 60% easy

Lithe
Lithe
13 posts
Peasant

No guests? Junk. But understandable.

GhostOfZero
GhostOfZero
29 posts
Peasant

Can't the guests make an account? Even if only for the tournys? Your matches automatically roll over. You know that though, which is why I'm confused.

Showing 31-45 of 342