The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesExit Path 2 Tournament

342 64716
Zultimategamer2000
Zultimategamer2000
430 posts
Nomad

Okay, well as we all know, Exit Path 2 is going to be released. Since we now have confirmation from John that there will be private rooms, I think that a tournament is in order since so many people have been wanting to do that.

This tournament will be set 3 days after the official game(not the beta) is released. That way we can get to know the stages a little first. So expect this to happen around the July-August area.

Number of participants will depend on how many people apply. I plan for this not to be more than about 64 or 128 people, so if more than that apply(unlikely), I will simply do a first come first served basis.

Here are the rules to enter:

1. You must have played at last 1,000 matches on the original Exit Path.
2. You must sign up on here by simply stating you want to enter.
3. When you sign up, post your stats (meaning matches,wins, etc.) so I know that you have at least 1,000 matches
, and your win %from Exit Path(original) will determine your seeding, much like in a professional sports league.

As for racing rules, I can't post many right now because we don't really know the gameplay yet.
The only rules right now is that the rooms will be 4 people each.
Also, those who were given access to the beta will be put into the same 1st round mtaches whenever possible because those who playd the beta will have an unfair advantage over those who did not.

How to advance to next round:
Each room will play 25 races, with the 2 plyers with the most wins will advance to the next round.
This will continue until we are down to only 2 players remaining, where the 2 will play 1 final round of 15 races.

Also, Epicness raised a point to me that might be interesting that if maybe a mod. or admin. agrees, maybe the winner of the tournament will get a merit. Keep in mind this is not for sure, just a thought.

Thank you for reading all this(if you were crazy enough to read all this), and please enter.

• 342 Replies
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Besides, we don't even know exactly how the custom room thing works. Maybe guests can give themselves names in custom rooms (kinda like Achievement Unlocked 2)

ClaudioDeusEst
ClaudioDeusEst
68 posts
Nomad

Alright, I'm in. I want to enter the tourney. My usual record was somewhere around 30-40% wins, but I lost my data 3 times and now don't really log in anymore. I never cared much for the stats, anyways. I played this morning, race only, and won 19/20 matches. Use whatever you wish to seed me, but seeding based on stats don't make much sense, to be completely honest. I know it's probably the only way to do it, but there ought to be a better way...
-Est

ClaudioDeusEst
ClaudioDeusEst
68 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the double post, but @Zero Darwin cannot make a new account, he has been perma-banned. It sucks =/ That's why I had hoped the private rooms will have an option to allow guests to join, as well as this tourney.
-Est

GhostOfPain
GhostOfPain
97 posts
Nomad

Can't the guests make an account?

Darwin can't, cause his ip adress is blocked at ag. :/
MagicTales
MagicTales
5 posts
Nomad

i don't really know how the private rooms will operate but it does suck if you can't play with friends in the guest form (hoping)

anyway, i'm here to make my application official: (XP)
-I want to join the tournament
-1057 matches / 571 wins (54%) >,<

can i post another one once i get more good stats? XP thanks Z

MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

Ill join i have like 40% wins cuz i like doing trix in exit band

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

I know it's probably the only way to do it, but there ought to be a better way...

Sort the players by public opinion? Or maybe we can seed them using EP2 stats (assuming you can't just carry over your data).

Other than that, I think the stat seed is the best shot, although not 100% accurate. Gives a good measure at the very least.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

lol or maybe he could just randomize it you know XD. it would be more interesting XP

rawwr123
rawwr123
288 posts
Nomad

ill join

wins:1756
matches:4351

epicness
epicness
349 posts
Nomad

lol i have like less then 30% win ratio so does that mean during the tourney ill be stuck playing noobs?cuz i do really suck at the game right?atleast on my laggy comp i do

Zultimategamer2000
Zultimategamer2000
430 posts
Nomad

Okay, as for the issue of guests, no. As for the issue of darwin, even greater extent of no. If he was perma-banned, it will make it a pain to set up times to work around that.

Secondly, PLEASE post your STATS. Not your guesses for your win%. So many people will probably say "My win percentage is about 40%" or "My win% is about 50%". It's already hard enough on me to have to make a seedings list that's accurate, but when people guess, it's even harder. Just please post your matches and wins.

Also, how exactly would I make a seeding system otherwise? I can't exactly take a vote on it. I can't do it on my own personal beliefs based on who's best. Besides, if it's good enough for professional sports leagues, it's good enough for us.

Feel free to update your stats as much as you want, but please limit it to once per week. I'd rather this page not get filled with spam like the post above mine. This erks mods. and admins. a lot. However, once Exit Path 2, is released, I will finalize the seedings, so don't bother posting your stats post-release of Exit Path 2.

@thebluerabbit The reason that I have put on the 4 minute-time-limit for being late is because this will inconvenience other players. It would also slow down the tournament. But thank you for your opinion on the subject.

Lastly, thank you NontroppO for volunteering. I will watch your matches, you'll just watch matches your not involved in of course. Doing that would give you an unfair advantage because you can easily just say that you won a majority of the matches.

Oh! And I want to enter(I must follow my own rules too, or else no one else will follow them)
Matches: 4,968
Wins: 2,201
Win %: 44.3% (man that's low compared to others on here!)

Snowrut
Snowrut
68 posts
Nomad

I'll join the tournement.
Matches: 7282
Wins: 3284
Thats about 45% but I like doing tricks and fooling around. Oh well.

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Fair enough Z. I just hope I don't get picked to race at a time where it's simply no possible (germany being 6 hours ahead can be anoying at points).

If you can manage to work around the whole time-zone thing, I think you got a good system going.

redleopard11
redleopard11
7 posts
Nomad

well i want to play,
matches: 1769
wins: 660
win percentage: 37.3%
i know percentage is low, but sadly i mess around too much, as we all do, and

accurate percentage for snowrut is 45.09 so you dont have to calculate it or anything

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I've played more than 10,000 matches on Exit Path since I started playing the game. My stats are gone, though, so I won't have over 1,000 matches on my account. My stats for my account is around 500 matches played with 460 wins, or something around there. Z knows that my stats have been erased due to the data transfer from AG2 to AG3. I'd like to join this tournament.

Showing 46-60 of 342