ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839265
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Yet you continue to complain about comando and knifing.

I have no problem with commando or knifing I am just agreeing that it doesn't make that much sense in the COD series. Are you saying you can't knife in MW3 otherwise your comment is irrelevant and doesn't match what I said.
1. Imagin if it was realistic. In real life, a million different things could happen if you get knifed in the back. It would be insanly hard to program and it's an action not a "Leme wait 20 minuets to bleed to death.
2. It's a video game, not real life. Most perks are like that, but that's what makes the game fun.

I enjoy games that have some realistic traits and some traits that are unrealistic, I just think it would be nice if those traits were balanced. And I am agreeing with ghost that it should take something like 2-3 swipes. I am really not complaining about anything I am just stating my opinion and what would make sense. I actually think commando makes sense, I don't on the other hand, believe that a one knife kill makes sense.
auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

I just don't like it when I'm shooting someone a few feet away from me and they can commando lunge at me and I instantly die.

I hate when that happens. I think they should put the knife in the lethal equipment section, or just have the tac-knife. If you think about it, the knife is one of the best weapons in the game because it's only a one knife kill.

I think it would be better if it was like Battlefield, where it takes two-three swipes to kill normally and if you get behind them it kills them instantly.

Yeah, I would like it if it were like that.
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

where you actually hit people with your gun.

That's the lag. Which is why kill cams are funny because they seem to be missing, but it's just that one of the two were running slow.

HOW CAN YOU KILL SOMEONE WITH A KNIFE WHEN YOU HAVE AKIMBO WEAPONS?

Throw one gun up in the air, knife, and then catch the gun. Like a Boss!!!

believe that a one knife kill makes sense.

Knife in the neck, head, or chest is a death sentence anyway. Why wait to bleed out? And usually you don't get a leg knife kill unless your aiming there and really try. And it makes people more aware of their surroundings when they are watching out for those annoying *******s that sprint the whole game with akimbos and knife like crazy.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

3 second respawn time that makes you invincible

Ever heard of Painkiller?

And unless you hit someone in the throat no one is gonna die that easily in real life.

Good thing its a videogame. -_-"
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Good thing its a videogame. -_-

Nu uh! This is real life bro! Which means that every time I hit a chopper with a Javelin that **** should explode!!!!! BOOM!
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Yeah its for when you always die. I just want one always
R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

He said invincible, you can still die.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Good thing its a videogame. -_-"

Does anyone even read the previous page, I am pretty sure someone already said that unless you like spam
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

unless you like spam

Yes, I do like Spam. Its fed me on many occasions when my mother lacked the funds to actually go grocery shopping. Makes great sammies, expecislly when grilled.

Look: You can have one of two things in videogames- Balance, or Realism. If you want balance, than nothing is going to be realistic. If you want realism, than nothing is going to be balanced.

The whole point of balance is so that each weapon can measure up to every other weapon. Or, that every weapon/perk/killstreak/item/whatever has an appropriate counter. For example, you may have an AC-130, but I've got a stinger. Balance has been achieved.

Likewise, the whole point of realism is just that- realisticness. So every weapon/killstreak/item will be as close to its actual counterpart as is possible. This typically negates balance, because... Real life combat is all about making things as unfair for your opponent as possible. Alluding back to my previous example: If you've got an AC-130, its irrelevant that I've got a stinger. The AC-130 has about 40 sperate flares that it can deploy, so I'd have to somehow shoot you 41 times with a stinger. Besides, thats saying that somehow I would have avoided the advanced optics, and the crew didn't notice the smoke tail from the stinger.

So now we're led to the rather blatant hypocrisy on your part: You complain about Tomahawks and throwing knives and the knive in general, saying 'it shouldn't kill in one hit'. IE, you want realism. But then you go and say that, to make things fair, people should be invincible for three seconds after they die. IE, you want balance (though this will likely ruin any symblance of balance, but thats another topic for another day).

TL;DR: Yes, I read previous posts/pages.

TL;DR: Stop your whining.
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

I just recalled that when you are spawn from a tactical insertion, your not invincible. I know this because of flare camping. I don't know if this only applies to insertion spawning or not, but I just remembered that. :P

If you really want realism, join the army.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I hate when that happens.

What's funny is that when you have akimbo usp.45s it gives you the commando lunge all the time.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Many have probably found this out already, but I just noticed that the AK-74u is in some of the spec ops missions. Would've been better to put that in the submachine gun category on multiplayer instead of that pathetic excuse of an uzi.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Look in a sense to realism I'm just talking about common sense. Like the fact that somehow someone can knife when they have akimbo weapon. I am not saying I want the game completely realistic. That would be stupid and pointless. I am just saying that it would be nice if certain aspects of the game made a little more sense. I play COD almost every day so if I really hated it I wouldn't play it. I'm just stating that things don't make sense. Like a tomahawk in a gun game even though there are no other signs pointing to Native Americans or the Old West. Or how someone can carry a laptop around for killstreaks but there is no way to see that on a dead body. I am really just saying that I wish some things were more realistic and some things I am just fine with the way they are.

Yes, I do like Spam. Its fed me on many occasions when my mother lacked the funds to actually go grocery shopping. Makes great sammies, expecislly when grilled.

Haha never had spam before. Is it really that good lol. I just know its a processed meat and its supposed to be really salty because salt is a preservation ingredient that is in canned goods.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

I got to thinking about COD and I think it would be cool if.....

You could steal people's killstreak rewards while they look at the laptop or if they are holding a sentry. Or you could hack their equipment to be on your side.
I would be cool if you could be in a helicopter with your equipment and shoot people you see while your flying.
You could make 2 knifes or a sword as a secondary weapon that is fast and deadly and increase the speed of the user while holding it.
Lunging on commando could apply to jumping and would allow you to jump further.
A dice type of re roll for care packages if you had something like resupply when you just barely started.
Forfeiting 3 killstreaks to make it easy to get 2 killstreaks faster.
A customizable riot shield that lets you write on it and get certain camo for it. And stickers.
Landmines or Tripmines instead of just Claymores
A bayonet type of thing for certain guns.
Multiple equipment instead of just one.
Of course MIRV grenades
Um I am sure they might have this but Body Armor that increases your health.
And I think thats it for the time being. But that is a pretty good start I would have to say

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Haha never had spam before. Is it really that good lol. I just know its a processed meat and its supposed to be really salty because salt is a preservation ingredient that is in canned goods.

You need ketchup. Lots and lots of ketchup. And if you can get out of eating it, than do so. I can only eat it if I grill it, and then put a bunch of cheese and ketchup on it. Then I can trick my mind into thinking I'm eating a burger or something.

Look in a sense to realism I'm just talking about common sense. Like the fact that somehow someone can knife when they have akimbo weapon. I am not saying I want the game completely realistic. That would be stupid and pointless. I am just saying that it would be nice if certain aspects of the game made a little more sense. I play COD almost every day so if I really hated it I wouldn't play it. I'm just stating that things don't make sense. Like a tomahawk in a gun game even though there are no other signs pointing to Native Americans or the Old West. Or how someone can carry a laptop around for killstreaks but there is no way to see that on a dead body. I am really just saying that I wish some things were more realistic and some things I am just fine with the way they are.

Its just a game bro. It doesn't have to make sense. Rather, if it makes too much sense, I get suspicious. Its like Fallout, for example: How can you carry around all those weapons, armor, and ammunition without it ever showing on your character?

Who cares?

If you really want realism, join the army.

Or just play Battlefield 3. XD

Or you could hack their equipment to be on your side.
I would be cool if you could be in a helicopter with your equipment and shoot people you see while your flying.
A dice type of re roll for care packages if you had something like resupply when you just barely started.

Implemented in Black Ops.

Landmines or Tripmines instead of just Claymores
Multiple equipment instead of just one.
Um I am sure they might have this but Body Armor that increases your health.

Implemented in MW3.

Of course MIRV grenades

Er... I don't think you know what a MIRV is. ANd if you mean a grenade that explodes into smaller grenades, then that would be ridicuosly over powered.
Showing 1861-1875 of 3990