ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839256
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

Many have probably found this out already, but I just noticed that the AK-74u is in some of the spec ops missions.

They also put the M21 in some campaign missions.

Would've been better to put that in the submachine gun category on multiplayer instead of that pathetic excuse of an uzi.

I would want that, but some people might complain that too many guns in MW2 are in MW3.
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Or just play Battlefield 3. XD

Tired transitioning to BF3 to see how it was and it was hard going the such a team game when you play a run and gun so much.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Er... I don't think you know what a MIRV is. ANd if you mean a grenade that explodes into smaller grenades, then that would be ridicuosly over powered.
Ah I was referring to the MIRV on Borderlands. Yeah I know what MIRV is its like an airstrike.
Implemented in Black Ops.

I dont remember being able to reroll in black ops. And I think that black ops is my least favorite in the Call of Duty series.
When I wrote that I was meaning to have it all in one game.
Would've been better to put that in the submachine gun category on multiplayer instead of that pathetic excuse of an uzi.

I agree the Uzi should be a secondary weapon or something. I don't know if you realized this or not but the PP2000 is bigger than the Uzi which doesn't make sense.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Oh yeah Fallout 3 is an awesome game just thought i'd mention since someone mentioned it.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

hey guys, remeber me? yeah, sorry, i have been busy with school. but anyways... i just made my first youtube video! it took me 30 minuets using the oh-so-annoying thearter mode, but i did it! check me out in one of my earlier gameplays... i think it was back in december. this a pretty good game, the 1st segment is better then the second, but i ran out of time anyways, please like it! here u go
and yeah, now i have that gun gold. shows how old it is, i have had that gun gold since the second week of january:P

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

I liked your vid but man it is really short.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I know, but the thearter mode thing.... It's just so annoying! Anyways, I heard that could not go over a 30 second time limit and I really did not feel like making a 5 minuet gameplay to find out that it didn't go through right.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

How did you post it? Because on Youtube there is a 10 minute limit unless your account gets added benefits for certain things like wlkthroughs. I used to make walkthroughs so i have like an Hour of time on Youtube plus I have google adsense. So yeah

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Ok so you go to theater mode, then you record your segments and make your video. This can not be longer than 30 second or it will not upload to cod elite or YouTube. It kinda sucks but ehh. I guess it would be ok for some montages. The reason I am using the thearter mode is cauz I dont have a capture card. Do you guys know of any good ones ?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I would want that, but some people might complain that too many guns in MW2 are in MW3.

The AK-74u wasn't in MW2's multiplayer.
I agree the Uzi should be a secondary weapon or something. I don't know if you realized this or not but the PP2000 is bigger than the Uzi which doesn't make sense.

I don't have a problem with the uzi from MW2, I actually like it, but the one in MW3 is terrible.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

I don't have a problem with the uzi from MW2, I actually like it, but the one in MW3 is terrible.

Oh wow how bad is it. I don't like subs that much on MW2 unless I am trying to make a really fast class for capturing things. And I seemed to like the P90 better because some weapons don't look good with red dot sights and of course the UZI has terrible iron sights.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

So I was looking over the perks for MW3 and most of them seemed to be ok but I didnt like a few of them because...
Recon: Sounds stupid and seems like anyone could just throw an explosive over the map and mark all enemies.
The Pro ability of sleight of hand seemed kind of pointless.

Blast Shield: I liked before when it was equipment you had to turn on and off. And also it makes flash and stun grenades completely useless now.
Assassin: This seems way to powerful and I liked how before it was separated into ninja and cold blooded but I think cold blooded was to powerful.
I think with overkill it should never let both of your weapons have attachments. Instead it should allow for extra equipment at pro stage.
Marksman: I like how you can hold your breath longer but it seems like all you need is a high point to find anyone in grass or anything.
Sitrep: I never did like sitrep that much because you could see any claymore from anywhere. I think it should make the player only see equipment if they are really close to it like 10-20 feet.
Dead Silence: Unless almost everyone has excellent speakers or headphones then this doesn't seem like it would be that useful. I don't rely on sound as much on console games so this is my opinion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Deathstreaks I wouldn't like
Revnge: Seems way too powerful
Dead Mans Hand: Too Powerful and would be useless if no one is near you
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Kill Streaks
Umm I am not even going to say anything here. They pretty much all sound terrible

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Oh yeah I miss Lightweight, stopping power, and bling

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Oh wow how bad is it.

You're only going to get kills with it if you can get in shotgun range.
Recon: Sounds stupid and seems like anyone could just throw an explosive over the map and mark all enemies.

Well, it's not used by a lot of people and can be useful. I've used it a few times and I like how when I get into a gun fight or if I'm just checking around high traffic areas with flashes/stuns I can see the enemies position for a few seconds.
The Pro ability of sleight of hand seemed kind of pointless.

It kind of is, I much preferred how it was in previous CoD's where the pro ability was faster aim down sight. Quickdraw in the second tier is pretty much a waste unless you're using a sniper, but I think they should've kept that as the pro version on sleight of hand and added juggernaut instead. Since a lot of the guns are pretty powerful.
Blast Shield: I liked before when it was equipment you had to turn on and off. And also it makes flash and stun grenades completely useless now.

I think it's balanced, because a lot of people like to spam flashes/stuns, and flashes normally last a while, so this is a good counter.
Assassin: This seems way to powerful and I liked how before it was separated into ninja and cold blooded but I think cold blooded was to powerful.

Assassin is definitely the best second tier perk, and it is overpowered. To balance it out they should've made it where it would only protect you against a normal uav, portable radar, thermal, no name when targeted. That's all, and also add blind eye in the same tier as assassin so people can't stack those.
I think with overkill it should never let both of your weapons have attachments. Instead it should allow for extra equipment at pro stage.

Overkill is like blast shield, people rarely use it and it's not really powerful. Extra equipment would probably fit better with scavenger, but you can't replenish it. Scavenger is pretty weak as it because all you can do is resupply bullets.
Marksman: I like how you can hold your breath longer but it seems like all you need is a high point to find anyone in grass or anything.

With the amount of assassin users it's not really a useful perk, but there aren't that many places to hold down like that with marksman.
Sitrep: I never did like sitrep that much because you could see any claymore from anywhere. I think it should make the player only see equipment if they are really close to it like 10-20 feet.

That's what it's like in MW3. You only see their equipment if you are near it.
Dead Silence: Unless almost everyone has excellent speakers or headphones then this doesn't seem like it would be that useful. I don't rely on sound as much on console games so this is my opinion.

It's very useful in search and destroy and free for all because it's usually very quiet and you can hear people walking without headphones, so without dead silence you're basically saying come here and kill me.
Deathstreaks I wouldn't like
Revnge: Seems way too powerful
Dead Mans Hand: Too Powerful and would be useless if no one is near you

They shouldn't even be in the game, they ruin the fun for people who can actually stay alive.
They pretty much all sound terrible

They kind of are. A lot of people use stingers so things like helicopters, reapers, ac-130s get shot down quickly. Best assault killstreaks to me is care package (usually gets you an i.m.s. or sentry gun which is useful), predator missile, and precision airstrike (4,5,6), none of which can be shot down, and will get you around two-four kills each.
Oh yeah I miss Lightweight, stopping power, and bling

I miss unlimited sprint with marathon. They took that out in MW3, which makes using it almost useless. But stopping power is pretty much built into the guns since they only take 3-6 bullets to kill. If they brought back stopping power then they need juggernaut to counter it, otherwise you'd die very quickly. And bling isn't needed, there's an attachments proficiency on guns that allows you to have two attachments on your primary weapon.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

I miss unlimited sprint with marathon.

Me too thats one of my Favs.
Scavenger is pretty weak as it because all you can do is resupply bullets.

Yeah I liked back in the old days having multiple claymores and grenades because of scavenger. Now it seems kind of worthless.
That's what it's like in MW3. You only see their equipment if you are near it.

Yeah sorry bout that. The site i went to didn't explain that
They shouldn't even be in the game, they ruin the fun for people who can actually stay alive.

I agree with you, the only one i liked was painkiller. It seemed good for free for all
Quickdraw in the second tier is pretty much a waste unless you're using a sniper

Yeah back in the old days on sleight of hand it was better.
I'm just checking around high traffic areas with flashes/stuns I can see the enemies position for a few seconds.

Yep once again the website I went to didn't explain that it was a few seconds. I just thought it marked enemies until they died. Thats why I thought it was way to powerful cuz noob tubers could just bomb a team and know where everyone is.
Showing 1876-1890 of 3990