ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839257
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

Revnge: Seems way too powerful
Dead Mans Hand: Too Powerful and would be useless if no one is near you

Revenge is terrible and useless. And with DMH they don't need to be near you, it seems to have a f**king huge blast radius.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Ah I was referring to the MIRV on Borderlands. Yeah I know what MIRV is its like an airstrike.

Never played Borderlands.

A MIRV is nothing like an airstrike, except that it involved ordinance hitting the ground and exploding.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Never played Borderlands.
On Borderlands it was a grenade that exploded and the pieces hit and exploded again. It didn't do much damage but I would make it so the MIRV grenade weren't deadly.
It also involved bouncing betties but the MIRV exploded into the air and came down and betties just bounced from the point of origin.
Another grenade they had was almost like a bouncing ball and would bounce off walls until it hit its target or hit too many things.
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Recon: Sounds stupid and seems like anyone could just throw an explosive over the map and mark all enemies.

*Commence rant*

Recon pro is THE BEST PERK IN THE GAME.

Here are my reasons

1. Concussion random throws:

Concussions don't explode till they hit the ground. Throw one around a flag and light up 3-4 enemies for 12 seconds. If there is small maps you can easily start throwing concussions around in a high traffic area to help your team mates.

2. Assasin n00bs (Me)

I am an assasin n00b. I use it and I don't really care. The amount of pain a UAV can give in SND is way too powerful. Therefore I use it. Also for the Assasin pro (No red name). I usually go for ninja defuses.

But anyways, to counter me. Throw a stun. 12 seconds of seeing everywhere I go on a map. You can figure out if I'm camping or if I'm going somewhere. Think I'm camping? Flank me easily. Think I'm going somewhere. Wait for me to come out. Extremely simple.

3. Extreme conditioning is useless

BUFF THISS NAOW. I want extreme conditioning to be like if you have the USAS on with extreme conditioning. Now that is a buff. But how it is now. It is useless. However I still use it because it is still slightly useful.

4. SND rush bomb plants

Get some flashes on with an organised party and offense in fallen is extremely easy. Flashes have the biggest area hit which means it lights up enemies easier. There a bombs like in village, fallen, etc where the bombs are very close to offense and defense. If you can throw some flashes they are blinded and you can see them. Easy plant.

5. RECON PRO ABILITY

Know someone camping in that building in bakarra? Shot him once but he's hiding? Find out which way he is facing and know where to aim IMMEDIATELY as you enter. You have the element of surprise and know which way he's facing.

6. RECON'S PRO ABILITY + Hardline Pro

Epic comboooooooooo. I'm waiting for someone to get a MOAB with no kills like this. Get a nice weapon that can hit someone at long range and is silenced. Shoot one bullet. Move on. You probably won't be able to kill them from extreme ranges (Unless you have a sniper that isn't the dragonuv) so it helps so much.

7. RECON PRO + Shotgun

Going to level up a shotgun? Whip on a mp9 as secondary and if someone is too far. Switch shoot and come up with your USAS. Easily destroy them and they don't have a clue what happened.

8. Sniper *hitmarkers

Just quickscoped? Perfect shot? Ready for that xp? Oh wait HITMARKER. Luckily I have recon pro on. ADS the way he is facing. This time no mistakes. Easy kill

Also I have more but I have to go I WILL CONTINUE THIS.

Sincerely, RECON PRO IS BEST PERK IN THE GAME.
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Also pickpocket. I did the same thing. Except instead I uploaded a 2 minute gameplay.

How?

Put 6 30 second clips in your vault and upload them all.

Make them all UNLISTED (Or else they'll show up on your channel.

Go into here. (The youtube editor)

Put your 6 clips together to make a 3 minute clip. For xbox 360 it will upload in HD. For PS3 it will not.

If you have elite I think you get 24 vault spots and 1 minute clips. So your maximum is 24 minutes (If youtube allows you to upload that long). To be honest you probably could start a commentary thing for only $50. Depends if PS3 can get HD upload

Not a bad deal but very time wasting.

Here is what I did before using that technique. This was before I paid for premium COD elite. So you don't need premium. Also premium for PS3 DOES NOT give you HD.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

@leo99rules
You basically just explained all the reasons why I thought recon and assassin would be too powerful. Congratulations

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

I think extreme conditioning is a big improvement over regular movement but I do think they should make it last a bit longer.

You basically just explained all the reasons why I thought recon and assassin would be too powerful.

It might be a bit overpowered, but it doesn't make you unbeatable. Far from it. Especially if you're going up against a team that knows what they are doing, you aren't going to get that much of an advantage with assassin and recon.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

It might be a bit overpowered, but it doesn't make you unbeatable.

I know its just like i said, anyone can throw a random grenade and know where everyone is and also the Assassin perk seems to ruin every killstreak reward
Hydra312
Hydra312
45 posts
Nomad

Woohoo game losing kill three times in a row.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZJQvhomFIE&context=C3ec3423ADOEgsToPDskIR5hgGQFp0QL6bre97QzY7hey, another video i made!
please, could you watch it? i put more time into it and i think it is much better. it would also mean a lot if you left a like. dont worry, its only 30 seonds, so its not going to waste your time. thanks!
and Mr_Sand, the perks are great and so are the killstreaks. its a little funny sounding when you have not played it, but once you get it its great. just trust me
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

oops :P clicked quote by mistake, my bad. here is the video
leo, when you unlist, is that from the console or from the elite or from youtube? im sorry, i just made my youtube Wednesday

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

sorry for the triple, but i figured it out leo, thanks. i will start working on that soon.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

its a little funny sounding when you have not played it, but once you get it its great. just trust me

yeah it might not be so bad ill have to try it sometime. But im broke right now
I liked your vid very nice.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Thanks. I it took me a little longer, but its way better. The other one was ehh. I will probably re do that one, because it was a good gameplay, I just made the video pretty bad.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

I agree with you about assassin. But to be honest it is the UAV that is overpowered.

Barebones and SND are my favorite game modes. I use assassin in SND but in bare bones assassin is useless.

Gun on gun skill = soooo much fun.

Also recon pro is the best perk in the game but you first have to get 300 enemies lighted up with recon.

The other reason is no one knows how to use it. Mr. Sand, I do not believe a random could put on recon pro and go crazy. Why? Because you have to know how to use it.

Also I know for a fact you have never used recon. Why? You say that random throws are too powerful. On any map (except dome) you have to know how to throw your grenades properly and have to know where to throw them. Random hits are just as likely as random throwing knife kills.

The only way it could be OP is with a full party. You have to actually TRY to use it. It's not like other perks where you can just put it on and eventually it will help you.

This Perk is unique. It's only OP when people use it properly.

Also, somebody play barebones with me. I get lonely.

Showing 1891-1905 of 3990