ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839226
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
DoomDrakon
DoomDrakon
41 posts
Farmer

Hey, does anyone have a good Riot Shield build? I feel like using it just because it is a riot shield, but by my game-play, it's pretty terrible. Any thoughts? (MW3).

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Primary: Riot Shield
Secondary: (Any grenade launcher)

Perk 1: Scavenger
Perk 2: Assasin
Perk 3: Any

I dunno. I dont play MW3 much, so I can't give you a solid answer. My MW2 build is below, so you can get an idea of what I'm trying to do:

Primary: Riot Shield
Secondary: Thumper

Special Grenade: Flash Bang
Equipment: Blast Shield

Perk 1: Scavenger
Perk 2: Dangerclose/Coldblooded
Perk 3: Commando

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I recommend the mp9 with extended mags as a secondary and throwing knife for lethal equipment, and dead silence for the third tier perk so they can't hear you.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Barebones is my new favorite gamemode. So much easier for using snipers and shotguns because you don't have air support or uavs hindering you.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Hey, does anyone have a good Riot Shield build? I feel like using it just because it is a riot shield, but by my game-play, it's pretty terrible. Any thoughts? (MW3).

Good luck, it's to easy for people to get around and knife you in MW3.

I stopped playing MW3 anyways.
firebird2000
firebird2000
23 posts
Nomad

ps3 is much better den xbox

macacaco
macacaco
5 posts
Peasant

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

i powmn in cod!!!! im lv 50 prestige 5 in mw3

level means nothing to an extent it mainly means you play alot
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Sorry for double post but I've noticed alot of people are finding it hard to make some good classes and I have made some videos on youtube using some classes where I will give you tactics and general advice about the class here are some of classes I hope they help you.

-Stealthy Rush
-Rush
-Defender
-
Slayer

But for riot shielding I reccomend SoH Overkill (so you can whip out a secondary when they think you can't get them) Steady aim so you bring up your shield faster helping you block bullets after sprinting motion sensor or trophy system and claymore or bouncing betty and you can get some easy kills with this and it can be fun especially if you are with friends.

firebird2000
firebird2000
23 posts
Nomad

cod POWNS!!!!!

firebird2000
firebird2000
23 posts
Nomad

LIKE HELL!!!!

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

But for riot shielding I reccomend SoH Overkill (so you can whip out a secondary when they think you can't get them) Steady aim so you bring up your shield faster helping you block bullets after sprinting motion sensor or trophy system and claymore or bouncing betty and you can get some easy kills with this and it can be fun especially if you are with friends.

Cool idea, but whats really funny with a riot shield and playing S&D, place C4 right infront of you, get in the corner behind it and play AFK. Then when they walk up to you to try for a cool kill, hit the button.
R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

Nah you want blast shield or something. Overkill is pointless, because almost everyone just runs about with their 'secondary' out anyway.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Overkill is redundant because the mp9 is basically an smg, just slap on a silencer or extended mags with it. Out of all the second tier perks, you want to either use blast shield or assassin with the riot shield. Choose what suits your play style.

Tip so you can blow up c4 without having to bring up the detonator: double tap the reload button. That way you can have your shield in front of you.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

My MW2 Classes
Scout-Vector with rapidfire or Akimbo with Marathon and Lightweight then steady aim or Commando. Secondary any machine pistol or Shotgun
C4

Assault/Grenadier- M16 or M4A1 at lower levels. Bling with Grenade Launcher( Pro Pipe) and Acog scope and Danger Close. Or scavenger with with extended mags. Hardline or Stopping Power and Ninja or Commando. Secondary .44 mag or Usp .45 or shotgun or Thumper
Semtex and Stuns

Air Support/Heavy- RPD with FMJ or any Sight. Sleight of Hand or Scavenger (extra rockets) Cold-Blooded and Steady Aim or Sit Rep.
Secondary Javelin or At4 at lower Levels
Semtex

Sniper- .50 cal with thermal or Extended mags. Sleight of Hand or One-Man Army (used to switch to faster character if you can't snipe or out of ammo) cold Blooded (no one can find you) or Stopping power for instant kills every time. Steady Aim or Ninja
Secondary (if not one man army) PP2000
Tactical Insertion or Claymores

Stealth- Ump45 with suppressor marathon and Cold-blooded and Ninja Pro
M1014 with Suppressor or Spas12 at early stages.
Can also Have stopping-power Pro and Steady-aim or commando if you aren't worried about UAVs and People seeing you on heartbeat sensors
Grenades or Tactical Insertions

Those are my classes and they seem to be the best for my style of play
Also classes i dont use but might be useful are

Camper- RPD with Cold-blooded and Ninja with scavenger
Secondary- Shotgun

Shield- Riot Shield with pp2000 akimbo or 44 mag with tactical Knife
Marathon Light-Weight and Commando Pro
Blast-Shield

Showing 1996-2010 of 3990