ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839238
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Getting my copy of MW3 back from a friend on Thursday, so does anyone want to go through all the Spec Ops missions for three stars?

I'm on the XBox.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

GOM, 30-31 is more than 1-30.

So you're level 30 with your MSR?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

GOM, 30-31 is more than 1-30.

I know, which is pretty annoying. I have most of the kill challenges done for it, so the only one that's going to help me a little is the 2500 kills, but that's a long ways to go. I'm only at around 1200 with it. And the attachment challenges don't really give much XP, so no use in trying with those.
So you're level 30 with your MSR?

Yeah, it's at around 40k XP on 30, need around 45k more to get it gold. It shouldn't take more than an hour or two of gaming with it, it's just I mainly play ground war so I'm usually facing parties with a bunch of terrible randoms.
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

You have 1200 kills with the MSR and it is not gold?

I got my shotguns at 820 kills.

Or do you mean the veteran challenges?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

You have 1200 kills with the MSR and it is not gold?

I used it occasionally in my other prestiges, and the count doesn't reset.
Or do you mean the veteran challenges?

Probably, it's near the bottom.

But after two long frustrating hours I finally got extended mags and damage on the AA-12. I think it's the best gun to use on team defender, since people usually keep in one place with the flag it's perfect for clearing them out. And it's very fun to use.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Anyone else notice that the hit detection feels better in 6v6 than in 9v9? I was playing mercenary earlier and got a ten kill streak with my sniper before someone with akimbo fmg9s got me.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Hey guys sorry I've been gone so long. Bills need to get paid to the internet company. So I have to use the neighbors LAN and its pretty terrible. Anyways I been playing alot of split screen being bored not having internet at all. Its weird because I have been playing with my girl friends brothers and we have almost prestiged on split screen. I don't know if any of you ever play split screen or have almost prestiged on split but thats pretty cool.
Anyways I been doing a little bit of youtube surfing for MW2 and been playin spec ops.
I was watching some crazy knife throwing montage and I decided that I will give the throwing knife another chance. It can actually be a pretty deadly weapon especially with scavenger.
Anyway heres the vid I saw
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a0iRmVBT4U&feature=channel]

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Link fix'd.

My thing with the throwing knife (and quick scoping, for that matter) is that I don't feel like spending the time to get good at it. KD ratio, and all that.

auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

MLG pro.

I kind of consider myself a MLG pro. Like every game I have a k/d ratio of at least 2.5 and I'm really good in Domination and kill confirmed. What does it even take to get into an MLG tournament anyway?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

You should be able to find out here.

But it's not that hard to get a good k/d, what's important is if you can win. I can easily get 40 plus kills and few deaths in objective based games, but we probably won't win if I'm with some randoms since they usually have some sort of disability when it comes to playing.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

What game types do they have in MW3 I liked all the new editions that were in black OPS.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

What game types do they have in MW3 I liked all the new editions that were in black OPS.

They only added a few new ones: Kill confirmed (pick up the gold dog tags after you kill someone to get a point towards your score and red ones to deny enemy kills, it doesn't mean they get a kill deducted, it just means they don't get a point towards their score), Team defender (capture a flag and keep it, the longer you have it the more points your team gets). They're both basically team deathmatch, but you win with more teamwork.

Then there are two in the community playlist: Drop zone (get in the drop zone and you get points and care packages) and Infected (first infected is basically a zombie and you infect others, try to survive to win). And there are a few new ones playable in private lobbies, like juggernaut, team juggernaut, one in the chamber, and gun game.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Did they increase the fire rate of the Type-95? It feels like it has rapid fire built in. I remember it being pretty slow on the fire rate a few weeks ago.

auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

Yeah I think they did. I don't use it, but I used it before and I just played Infection and I noticed right away that it seemed faster.

firebird2000
firebird2000
23 posts
Nomad

i powmn in cod!!!! im lv 50 prestige 5 in mw3

Showing 1981-1995 of 3990