ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839173
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Nope, range is better for shotguns. Tmartn did a video on it, but I can't put the link because I'm using my phone.

auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

Yes. After thousands of tries, I finally got a random Throwing Knife kill. It was on Fallen and went about half way across the map.

The AA12 is super noob, You get acustomed to spraying and praying. but when you have to use a real gun like the ACR or MSR you cant hit anything.

Not really, it's only good for about one kill. I find the Striker to be pretty noobish. I always get killed by people who use it.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

yeah, the striker is more noobish than the aa-12. the aa-12 is ful auto, but its not as acurate and has so little ammo, but the striker is almost full auto and has a lot of ammo. very easy to use.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Nope, range is better for shotguns. Tmartn did a video on it

That video was pure stupidity. Range is only better for the spamable shotguns like the AA-12, striker, and usas because they don't rely on one shot kills. Damage is better for the pump actions because you have one shot before your enemy can react. Also, if you look at that video you can see that the target wasn't moving so he can land all the pellets. They aren't going to be standing still in an actual game, so you won't have a minute to line them up in your crosshairs perfectly.
The most noob shotguns are the striker and AA12 extended mags. These tear you apart before you can go ADS.

That's what shotguns are supposed to do. Complaining about that is like complaining about how a sniper shot shouldn't kill you from a distance. Any shotgun is supposed to dominate everything else at close range, that's what they were made for in these games.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

In arguing about shotguns I think I like the Striker more than the AA-12 because the striker just feels more realistic to me.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

The AA12 is super noob, You get acustomed to spraying and praying. but when you have to use a real gun like the ACR or MSR you cant hit anything.

The most noob shotguns are the striker and AA12 extended mags. These tear you apart before you can go ADS. I find the USAS with grip and damage is my favorite shotgun.

You realise that the AA12 is one of the worst weapons in the game until you unlock range. Your bullets disappear after 3 feet!

And the ACR is a lot easier to use then the AA12. 0 recoil being its strength.

If the AA12 is noob then the ACR is some futuristic overpowered godlike weapon.

4 hit markers /=/ OP

The ACR kills in 4 bullets at all ranges. Not to mention its higher rate of fire.

The AA12 kills in 4 bullets if they're more than 2 feet away. Lower rate of fire. It works if they're about 2 inches away from your face. You might kill in 2 shots!

Also, I recommend actually using the AA12 before judging. It is really worthless. Extended mags and range might make it possible to use but not OP.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

And the ACR is a lot easier to use then the AA12. 0 recoil being its strength.

How can you compare a shotgun with an assault rifle. They have almost nothing in common
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

ta da! here is my secondary weapons montage! i finally finished, yay!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbrL-4ux_wU

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Just thought I would fix his Link

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

How can you compare a shotgun with an assault rifle. They have almost nothing in common

They are both guns in the same game, which uses the same code, same physics and same game types.

I was simply saying that AA12 is worse than the ACR. Much worse. There is no strength too it compared to a sub machine gun.

yeah whatever the servers I end up on are ful of noobs using AA12 with damage and extended mags then FMG9akimbo for secondary. They just noob you to death then there is the matter of the type 95.

I'm going to have to take your word for it because I've never seen anyone use a AA12 with damage with FMG akimbo secondaries. And the FMG akimbo kill much faster than the AA12 any day.

Also, the fact that they took the time to level up the horrible weapon that is the AA12 I think they deserve to get a kill.

But alright I guess I can't really argue that the AA12 is that bad. I admit it isn't half bad once getting damage.

(Unrelated) Also, I just found out that the PM9 has a slower fire rate then the PP90M1 if they both have rapidfire. It turns out the game's coding for the RPM is highly un accurate. No not the little bars, I mean the actual coding. It turns out the fire rate for most guns is much lower than guides tell you it is. The PM9 has a -10% RPM than the game says it has. This means that even at close range, there is a better gun than it. It is no longer the fastest killing at short range gun.
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Pickpocket, I was about to post about no javelin footage until I saw you get a couple of triples with it. Nice montage, although you should possibly save up some really epic clips and make a really epic montage. (No scopes, random throwing knives, etc)

Good job anyway, I like your clips.

Nope, range is better for shotguns. Tmartn did a video on it

Did a test which was kind of the same thing except I had a moving target. This however isn't a "Fair" test (Human error) but I think it worked alright. I found that basically 50% of shots with range at close range are one shots. 90% with damage are one shots. Also found out that if you are a bit off target with your reticle (About a quarter of it on target) than it one hits at close range with damage, but not with range.

However the reason I prefer damage is you can always get close to your target, if they are really that far away than duck behind cover, wait for them to come out then surprise them with a bullet to the head.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

It's all really personal preference. And thanks I'm working on an "epic" montage next. I just need a few more feeds and some long range throwing knife stuff and I'm good.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Does anyone know why my knife won't work? I knifed someone charging with the striker, got a hitmarker, but then when he knifed he lunged at me.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

A double kill I got while cooking a frag grenade. Youtube is pissing me off though; it won't save the changes I make to the video tag or description.

Does anyone know why my knife won't work? I knifed someone charging with the striker, got a hitmarker, but then when he knifed he lunged at me.

I'm having the same problem. Was playing One In the Chamber, and went 0-3 because my knife wasn't killing people.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Ump with range = Ump from MW2. You guys should try it.

Showing 2206-2220 of 3990