ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839179
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

The tags in case you can't figure it out Pickpocket are

[b] for bold
[i] for italic
[url=http://]For link
[img]http:// for image

Just remember to close all these with a [/] tag

TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

The only people on right now:
Me
Mr Sand
Tobister

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Tried leveling up the model 1887, can't do it. I got it up to around 17 and quit. Statistically it's supposed to be a great shotgun, but when two on target shotgun blasts don't kill at close range, there's no point. The main problem I see with the shotguns is that they're not consistent. With the model (and the other shotguns) I can get a longshot then a hitmarker at close range. It doesn't make sense.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

The only people on right now:
Me
Mr Sand
Tobister

Im always on you can catch me one pretty much all the time
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

The usas is like the best shotgun now. It has extreme range for a one shot kil without range. then when you add damage it gets even more range becaause it takes longer for all he damage to fal off.

Why would you try to use a shotgun for range. I used to like the stakeout
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Heres my first Quickscoping Montage. Sorry about the audio, the song was labeled as 3:56, but it cuts out 30 seconds early. So I've been switching it out with other stuff. Like, rate, subscribe.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Nice mav, you sorta did it the same style as mine. 12 stones hu? It's funny, they are really the only band on te YouTube database with good songs right? It's really nice, but some of it just felt a little too fast. Try to add in a little bit more time before or after u get the kill to sort of even out the timing. Overall, nice job
I know I have said this about 50 times but now I mean it, my montage should be up very soon. It's just hard to make, I have to use some strange guns. If everything goes well, I will have it up sometime tomorrow.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

The usas is like the best shotgun now. It has extreme range for a one shot kil without range. then when you add damage it gets even more range becaause it takes longer for all he damage to fal off.

I love this shotgun. I used it for the first time this prestige, and it is fantastic. I almost have it gold. It has similar range and damage as the spas-12, but shoots faster, and is better at very close distance.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I actually had to change the song, as I was left with 30 seconds of silence at the end. 'Fade Away' was labeled as a 3:56 minute song, but it was actually only about 3:20. :/

So now I've got some random rock song in there, and it sounds allright. Atleast the audio carries all the way through.

I'm through with quickscoping now, except for the ocasional lulz. Its far too aggrivating, and doesn't really fit well with the play styles I'm good at.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

spas is the best dude! i use it over every other shotgun. granted i have mine up to level 30 and have range, but still its pretty boss. it was crappy before they made all the shotguns good, now its great.

quick scoping is meh. i used to quick scope a lot, but now i have tried but have been doing pretty bad oh well, back to tdm to practice i guess.

BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

AA-12 is good, you just have to get range on it. After a while you get the feel of throwing bullets into your enemies faces.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

The SPAS isn't as good as it was black ops or MW2. From what I see only hardcore ppl use it over the KSG or USAS or AA12. I use the USAS over the spas becasue the spas is so mch weaker.

I know. The Spas seems to be horrible at very close distances, and far distances. It can only get one hit kills for me at a medium distance. I don't get why it is worse in this game than in MW2 when it was a secondary in that game.

New Game Type Idea of mine:
First off, it is very map-specific, and will play somewhat like Invasion from Halo: Reach, or Rush from Battlefield 3. One team will be the defending team. They will have 5 lives as a team. The lives system will work how it does in TDM in Gears of War 3. Once the lives get to 0, respawning for that team will be gone, and every member of the team will be on their last life. The attacking team will have 15 lives all-together. If they lose all their lives, they lose. If they kill the enemy team, the enemy team will respawn further back in the map, and regain there 5 team lives. The attacking team will not regain there lives. They will try again to kill the enemy team. If they succeed, the defensive team will get there last chance to kill the attacking teams. They will regain five lives, and spawn furter back in the map, but this will be the last time they do so. You get 1 point for every time you kill the defending team. Each team gets 1 chance to be on offense and defense.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Sadly my internet was out for today
It sucks, I need about 20 seconds of gameplay to finish the montage. Sorry guys.
That new game type is pretty confusing to be honest.... But I sort of understand. I think their should be some objective, like a flag or bomb site, at the final defensive teams spawn that must be planted/captured and the attackers only have a certaint amount of time to do it.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I don't get why it is worse in this game than in MW2 when it was a secondary in that game.

Infinity Ward always messes up. I personally would've liked if shotguns were secondaries in MW3, because I believe that if they were then not many people would be running around with those overpowered akimbo machine pistols. I think it worked pretty well in MW2, the G18s in that game were basically the FMG9s, but I rarely saw people using them.
R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

Infinity Ward always messes up. I personally would've liked if shotguns were secondaries in MW3, because I believe that if they were then not many people would be running around with those overpowered akimbo machine pistols. I think it worked pretty well in MW2, the G18s in that game were basically the FMG9s, but I rarely saw people using them.

Problem was that after a while MW2 was filled with 'quickscopers', 90% of which COULDN'T quickscope, and instead ran around with akimbo Raffica, which was even more annoying, as it was incredibly accurate even without Steady Aim, it was a one-hit from each gun in close range, and it could even be used well at medium-long range. I hated it.
Showing 2191-2205 of 3990