The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839540
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
afcmitchell
afcmitchell
66 posts
Blacksmith

I want to start 3 debates idk if these hav been discussed but i ran into a complete jerk on a game of search and destroy.
1 is is the china lake the same as a noob tube. i killed this guy with a china lake then i died i heard over his mic u f'n noob stop usin a noob tube.
2 is is the ak74u rapid fire a noob type wep because it is a little over powerin. He complained about me using that.
3 is is it techically camping when a guy goes to plant a bomb u shoot him go to prone and 3 secs later their last team member comes up and tries to finish the job but u mow him down.
I just want ur opion if i am the noob in this situation

1:Yeah
2:Not really, no.
3:Hell no
Xborn2BWildX98
Xborn2BWildX98
126 posts
Nomad

Well a noob is someone who calls other people noobs because they cant stand the fact of dying.And a pro really isnt a pro if they plant C4 and wait behind corners the whole match.Does that answer the question???????

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

1) Yes, usually anything that shoots grenades is considered a Noob tube. I wonder if a RPG is considered a tube tube.

2) Rapid fire Ak74U is a bit overpowered, but nothing is stopping you from using it.

3) Yes, it is sort of camping (although 3 seconds is not that bad TBH). If it was Search & Destroy, you can't blame yourself! When you defend a objective, of course you have to camp!

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

want to start 3 debates idk if these hav been discussed but i ran into a complete jerk on a game of search and destroy.
1 is is the china lake the same as a noob tube. i killed this guy with a china lake then i died i heard over his mic u f'n noob stop usin a noob tube.
2 is is the ak74u rapid fire a noob type wep because it is a little over powerin. He complained about me using that.
3 is is it techically camping when a guy goes to plant a bomb u shoot him go to prone and 3 secs later their last team member comes up and tries to finish the job but u mow him down.
I just want ur opion if i am the noob in this situation

1. Yeah, it's a grenade launcher.
2. No, this is not nooby, the person you killed clearly just can't take being killed.
3. No, camping is different. If you were to say, stay there all throughout the whole match, then yes, you'd have been camping.
miltos
miltos
11 posts
Nomad

Well a noob is someone who calls other people noobs because they cant stand the fact of dying.And a pro really isnt a pro if they plant C4 and wait behind corners the whole match.Does that answer the question???????

Dude you are absolutely right.. It is getting on my nerves.. Today if you kill everybody you must be a noob because.... because!!! Tell me the truth guys, this is the worst think ever... But of course, if you use marty, GL and spoil the game well yes, then you are noob.. I think noob is someone who don't care about the game and the action. However, the action for him and his or her interest is to kill players without getting tired by using assaults or shotguns... This is my opinion...

afcmitchell
afcmitchell
66 posts
Blacksmith

Dude you are absolutely right.. It is getting on my nerves.. Today if you kill everybody you must be a noob because.... because!!! Tell me the truth guys, this is the worst think ever... But of course, if you use marty, GL and spoil the game well yes, then you are noob.. I think noob is someone who don't care about the game and the action. However, the action for him and his or her interest is to kill players without getting tired by using assaults or shotguns... This is my opinion...

And also someone who is camping, like real camping for the entire match.
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

I won the round. so chillz u r right. but hav to diagree with the china lake. they gave u a gun instead of an attachment. the china lake is a gun not an attachment like the noob tube it has its own sites classified as a launcher. the guy was pissed cuz it was me vs 2 ppl and he couldnt find me wen im layin in the open. ghost pro and hacker pro work wonders

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

...you're kidding, right? The G18 is nothing but a high-cap automatic pistol. The recoil ruins it. It kicks so much that you miss targets any farther than 10 feet away. As far as those go, the Raffica tops a G18 for extreme accuracy, fast kills, and low recoil.

A G18 Akimbo with Steady Aim is very volatile - you don't need to maintain aim for long.

The UMP45 is a VERY slow gun, with VERY little power.

For MW2 weapons, maybe. Three shots, and just because you can easily count the audio doesn't mean you're shooting three bullets in four seconds. ^^

It's easily topped by almost every assault rifle.

Mobility is a huge buff for the UMP, as well as its aim from the hip.

How long have you been playing MW2 that you would prefer those?

I prefer the G18 Akimbo since I can handle it easily and its range when shooting 64 bullets a second doesn't make a difference if you've Steady Aim.

I use the Intervention, since professional play in CoD4 only used Bolt-action it kind of grew on me, makes sense.

But maybe a fast, CQB FPS game with small maps but with lots of rooms so you dont get a shipment thing.

So what? Killhouse?
Karachi?
... Crash?
Ambush?

Aside from the map "Shipment" the majority of maps in Call of Duty 4 were fine, and they fit your criteria - they're CQC and small maps fitting this FPS game, the map Vacant has a lot of rooms, as does Karachi. The dimensions change per map.

Don't anyone noticed that you pay 60$ for a game who just copied things from previous games and other games and uses a upgraded version from the CoD 2 engine.

They can just as easily look at the 30 pages of debate about it, right now you're being thunder in a group of clouds.

Let's take the weapons. if u see this list there are a lot MW and MW2 weapons in it. But a lot weapons from other games. And the killstreaks. Anyone seen that cool helicopter or tank. Just copy pasted from Homefront.

Either your point is too stupid for me to understand, or I didn't get what you said.

But of course I'm wrong since CoD is UUBEr P0wnAgE And The BEsT GaMe EvUUR. But I hope everyone makes IW happy and buy it so in two years they can release the same game with different maps again and everyone will spoil 60$ on it.

Why do you consistently rip into the game?

Yeah, because other games haven't copied ANYTHING from any other game.

I know right! *Nudges World of Warcraft*

It's how the business is done, you take ideas, your incorporate them with your own / others that weren't blended before, you can refine them, whatever - you just take a successful trait and use it. Same with RIFT, it's not too bad overall, but it's very comfortable to a former WoW player because it's familiar - the main addition lies in a live world, but Combo Points for agile classes remain, as well as Mana (which isn't really all that surprising).

So all other FPS games are copied off other FPS games because they have the same/similar weapons and things. Got it.

I'm not saying you care or anything but I don't understand why people make a such big a deal of weapons in a game - I'm sure it will boil down to one or two in each class section being used the most, such as the UMP and the Barrett.

Or if you're a little more futuristic, a nuke launcher or an assault rifle with a chainsaw stapled to the front of it.

No Nano Suits?

If you make it too futuristic to achieve originality, it's not a good FPS anymore,

... And why do people care about the time it's set in?

they have a habit of making some clever ones. CoD4, you get nuked and DIE. MW2, oh snap the AMERICAN is the bad guy, so leave Russia alone for a second

The MW2 one was absurd. It was guns blazing for no reason, and Makarov is the most rediculous character I've met as a villain.

CoD4 being nuked... Ouch - I remember that, was pretty awesome.

The new elements of MW3 mean nothing, because they cannot do it effectively. They haven't even got the core game (which I would say CoD4 is) balanced properly, and they removed the possibility of Modders doing that when IW gave the middle finger to the PC Community by not including Dedicated Servers.

Please palm yourself in the face.

I'm tired but not that tired yet ^^

MW3 is undoubtedly going to push the borders of realism and get a facefull of flak for it, but if they stick to the basics, they're going to get a facefull of minigun fire.

Sticking with the basics is good if you do it right, basics can easily be very complex, and it often goes that way if your game is good enough to approach a higher skillset of players.

Approaching realism would make them imitate Battlefield, and it would be bad for their company to even attempt that.

but at least they're going off something they know we LIKED,

Hi Last Stand.
Hi Noob Tubes.
Hi Claymores.
^^

CoD is the only FPS of it's kind which has a storyline that's always kept me interested. Love it.

FPS' are generally guns blazing, but a FPRPG like Deus Ex: Human Revolution may change your stance on a good storyline soon enough.
Or Mass Effect, though that is a Third Person RPG :P

I would say ish. ^^

A noob is someone who stops themselves getting better and has a poor attitude against negative things happening to them ingame. If I die in League of Legends by three people, I don't call them dishonourable *******s and continue to play as before, I say to my allies "It's time to stick together" and we co-ordinate much more.

It's HORRENDOUSLY obvious but people don't realize that learning to adapt is one of the most important things.

And a pro who plays for money uses whatever means necessary in the game to win - if that's effective, then yes.
It's not the most skillful, but that's the developers fault for having it in there. Making the game be able to have that form of complexity has its backdrops if you don't do it right.

But of course, if you use marty, GL and spoil the game well yes, then you are noob..

The game spoils you ^^

I think noob is someone who don't care about the game and the action.

I can only assume that means criminals, someone who doens't care about the game wouldn't respect the laws behind them. Unless you're talking about the community or what some would call "the way it's meant to be played", I really have no idea what you meant :P

If you did mean it in one of those ways then I can safely say you're wrong. It's when a player has poor etiquette for others it is absurd, but using whatever is in the game to achieve your goals is more than acceptable, and I despise how players frown upon it for simply being easier to do. It is the DEVELOPERS' fault.

And also someone who is camping, like real camping for the entire match.

If it works, don't fix it.

Camping is one of the most strategically effective ways of playing, it lets you hold positions, cut off flank routes and hold chokes against enemies, giving you a huge positional advantage.
What? It doesn't take as much skill? Pfshh! Get the game balanced then.

Battlefields example of balancing this was teamplay and the ability to destroy each corner a "camper" could hide behind ^^

- H
R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

The UMP45 is a VERY slow gun, with VERY little power.

Probably the most overpowered weapon in the whole game, with little power?

How weak are the others then?
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

Fail much? mw3 hasn't even been known too the public for almost a year.
Please tell me you're kidding... Info about survival mode was leaked before Black Ops was even showcased at E3, we've known for a long time that there would be a survival mode in MW3.
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

[quote]Hi Last Stand.
Hi Noob Tubes.
Hi Claymores.
Agreed with the firs one, but Noob Tubes and Claymores are here to stay. Unfortunately. I actually prefer the Claymores, because they're good backup for covering your tracks as a sniper, and it's not like they're invisible. Even without Bomb Squad (CoD4), SitRep (MW2) or Hacker (BO), you can at least see the red laser poking around a corner, which gives away a position, AND you get points for blowing them up.
Noob Tubes can burn and die. There's no legitimately good counter for a jerk using a tube at 200 yards.[/quote]

Agreed with this statement

but hav to diagree with the china lake. they gave u a gun instead of an attachment. the china lake is a gun not an attachment like the noob tube

Just because it is a "gun" does not mean that it is not a noob tube. (In fact I wouldn't consider it a "gun" I would consider it a grenade launcher which IS what it is)
It all boils down to this:
The "gun" fires grenades (or "launches&quot and thus it is a grenade launchers.
Grenade launchers are also known as noob tubes in the CoD community.

China Lake = Grenade Launcher = Noob Tube
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

so what ur sayin is an rpg (rocket propelled grenade is a noob tube. so the only explosive device thats fires is just the law cuz stela 3 is for aircraft and everything else is care package people are pissed out claymores cuz some do wat i do put them in the most random but high traffic areas or half way down satirs. even with hacker or bombsquad u rnt lokking for somethhing in the middle of the road. so its easy for some to trip them

jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

with the information of survival mode "leaked" a year ago. its all just rumors they can what ever they want to say doesnt make it true.

Just leaked
Call of Duty Operatin A.W.O.L

You col. James and ur men of spec team 13 hav been declared unstable. The are pulling u and ur men out of the fight. U won't go out without a fight. Steal unicorns from mr joe bobs farm and equip them with mini guns. Fligh all the way to the north Ploe and plan an assualt on santa's workshop. Then save some of the elves to create a mini nuke which u drop on russia. creating an immense fallout. guide u and ur team through 390 heart poundin levels as u destroy everyone in the world

Would u believe that if it was leaked b4 the game was even anounced

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Okay, it takes less skill than usual to get a G18-akimbo-steady aim-look ma no eyes kill.

It's MW2... :P

Well, excuse my pickiness, I've just never enjoyed the feel for the gun, it felt more like an airsoft AEG than an automatic .45-caliber machine gun.

Hasn't felt like that to me, I don't think about the feel - if it's more effective I actually don't care ^^

It barely takes any effort at all,

Because the game is about effort. Running around doing the most effective things like jumping around corners, aiming and shooting take so little effort.

Except, how many gamers are not lazy enough to actually do that?

Oh,
TL;DR CoD doesn't deserve the popularity it gets and I've seen better quality in Indie Games.

If you wanna take on that point, you'll have to refer to everything I've previously written that still bares validity

Eh. The UMP wasn't as hyped-up at you make it sound. More like an MP5 and the Barrett.

Both were used a large amount, but my point still stands.

which I liked a good bit more then the sawed-off MP5k, but that's just me.

And me. ^^

You get the point.

I know, I was joking :/

The time it's set in is a big deal, as far as weapons go.

If they wanted a lazer, they would set the time to make it happen - not set the time and think "Hrmmm... what would be the case in the year 209193051883?".

If you want the bullet-o-matic 5k+1, get a CoD or Battlefield FPS. Time period is a big deal.

Great features that are in present day aren't in Halo - destruction and bullet drop. Of course it has ricochet, vehicles, an epic storyline and destruction wouldn't be present in Halo, but the weapons in Bad Company are bullets. If they wanted something else they would set it forward - but they don't want to, because weapons aren't the main focus.

The main focus of Halo weaponry was to add variety, being as it is a HUGELY SIGNIFICANT part of the game. A Battle Rifle is a unique Weapon, as is the Spartan Lazer, Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle, Alien Rifle thingy-ma-jig, the Alien Pistol thing-ma-jig, and etc.

The "Shepherd's a bad guy and he just shot you in the face" thing was a pretty big twist for the CoD series.

And why exactly did he say "I'mma SHOOT YO FACE!"?

It was extremely unique to be a British operative shooting US "Shadow Ops" guys. That was an extremely clever plot twist, you have to admit.

Shooting this generic evil traitor, with the only difference being that he DIDN'T really have a good reason?

And by "good", I mean one you could believe.

And Makarov was just kind of an addition. Secret, sneaky, evil Russian mad dog.

That followed Zakhaev who every other ultranationalist in Russia followed, and yet he kills hundreds of them at Moscow's Airport.
Smart.

True. But you have to consider that a majority of CoD players are NOT in a higher skillset.

Which means it would have to be a basic game. Instead they unnecessarily add sophistication that doesn't work instead of fixing their broken basic mechanics.
Like balance.

But I agree, there's nothing particularly wrong with sticking to the basics if they WORK, and CoD4 worked just fine.

I say basic, but understand the complexity of games - CoD4 pro gaming (thanks to mods) was very cool because of its attack grenades, it's angles of attack and etc. Not necessarily my favourite thing in a game but it adds a huge element of depth.

It's like fighting over which is better, hamburgers of hot dogs, when in the end they are both delicious, millions like each of them for individual reasons and you're never going to convince everyone that one is superior.

Wrong. The game is very poor - objectively. The capabilities of the game is very poor, the balance is despicably poor, and the skill involved is very poor, the only "good" thing about it is brainless fun, and trickshots.
As said, I've had better quality from Magicka and Amnesia than MW2 and Black Ops put together, realize I've played MW2 and Black Ops easily ten times more than Amnesia or Magicka.

Even worse is the fight between Xbox, Wii and PS3, and I am NOT going to start that, because it's not worth the wear and tear on my laptop keys.

PS3 Has Blu-ray, if you plan on watching something, get it.
Xbox has Xbox Live and some exclusives which could be worth your money, get it for them, if anything.
Wii has movement based controls and a lot of exclusives which are okay, but not for me. Get it if you want it.

Computer is capable of all these things, and doing them better if you've the money. Get it if you're rich ^^

because they're good backup for covering your tracks as a sniper,

It's giving you a 70% chance for a free kill, when you use three seconds (usually less) getting the position and planting the darn thing.

and it's not like they're invisible.

Placing it at the right angle screws you over.

you can at least see the red laser poking around a corner, which gives away a position, AND you get points for blowing them up.

It also gives away your position, and you don't get points on CoD4. That is very poor placement if you can actually see the lazers, generally you can die before turning corners on CoD4 even if you saw it coming.

Noob Tubes can burn and die. There's no legitimately good counter for a jerk using a tube at 200 yards.

Using a piece of equipment for a Claymore (which is really the only good item in Black Ops) and having to counter it with one of three perks (where Flak Jacket can be replaced by other good perks) isn't balanced.

Would you care to explain what war games do NOT involve tanks and helicopters?

Crysis 2.

Or MW2 guns?

Crysis 2 ^^

Everything used in the CoD series, as far as vehicles and guns go, are real.

If rediculously inaccurate.

There's just no point in arguing that a war game stole a GUN from a different war game.

There's no point worrying about the guns anyway, making it up doesn't matter as long as it has good aesthetic and balanced statistics.

Agreed with this statement

Which one? ^^

China Lake = Grenade Launcher = Noob Tube

This. Just because it takes a secondary instead of taking an attachment doesn't mean it does not classify as a Pro Pipe.

- H
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I'm trying to quick scope on mw2 but I need a good video. I found some but could use some more. Could u guys post some?

Showing 691-705 of 3990